Which is the better goal? Gazza v Gio

Which one?

• Gazza

Votes: 123 74.1%
  • Gio

Votes: 43 25.9%

• Total voters
Having gone for Fergie's cup final goal, as a more cultured finish than Albertz, then I can't vote for anything other than Gascoigne's strike in this one. Gio's was a wonderful strike though and it's no surprise that the guys in the wall wanted out the way of it :)

Gazza for me, the distance, the wall and the keeper didn't stop him. I was at that game, but forgot all about that one, thanks for posting.

Gio's was a bit of quick thinking as the wall was poor, and he had the presence of mind to blast it.

The two are superb but Gio for me. The keeper can't even see the ball. We even struggle to see the ball in real time.

Gio.

Two great strikes, but Gio was wearing my favourite Rangers shirt of the past few decades so that settled it for me :))

Gio for me,but this is why I love Rangers and our supporters lol
Gio’s is shrugged upon by a lot of us because we didn’t win that game,so to a lot of us in our conscience it isn’t great or doesn’t remain in memory because we didn’t win the game. I’m sure Georghe Hagi would have been proud of Gio’s hit.Great hit by both of them but,2 world class players right there.

Gazza more skill and placement I reckon. Gio’s is a peach, an absolute pile driver. I remember that game vividly.

Gazza for me as that was all about his ability to manipulate the ball.
As good as Gio’s was, it is just a well hit shot.

Gazza,I think we blew a 2-0 lead in that game which we always seemed to do against the sheep at Ibrox in the 90's.

I’m completely ashamed to admit that that’s the first time I’ve seen that Gascoigne free kick

While Gaza’s probably has more skill involved, seeing a free kick just absolutely battered into the net sometimes just can’t be beaten - see also Cooper’s against the sheep in the league cup final. So Gio’s for me.

Loved both goals. You dont see many like Gios nowadays, most players go more for precision. Nice to see the ball just been hammered and the goalie not even having a chance.

Back