Which players can be coached by a new manager/coach to improve ?

Blue Tack

We are in a bad state re players ,money and contracts ,next manager needs to be a good coach or bring a good coaching team with him ,some of these players can be coached to improve and remain as we rebuild....again ffs

Maybe the question should be who can’t be coached ?

Sorry but windass needs to be one of the first to find a new club ,I believe he falls into the can’t be coached class ,he doesn’t listen and has no heart .

What ever manager is in place he will have the same group of players and attitudes so what realistically does this new man need to do to make us competitive?
How does this new manager get the best out of the players cos I feel half the squad would disappear into their shells at a rollicking and the other half might be inspired.

To me, the next manager must be strong personality but also a good man manager. Forget the new ideas in training, get back to basics and look at a more 'British style' game.
Guys like Candeias and Windass, Dorrans and Cardoso need a talking to, not been good enough.

That is why its important to get a new full time appointment in place by the turn of the year and give him a transfer window to begin clearing out the deadwood.

Bit harsh on Herrera, he's hardly played and has a couple of goals and assists to his name.

A mixture of coaching,man management and the exit door for Windass,Pena and Herera
Time we cut our losses on Rossiter and Kranjcar. These two are never going to be first team regulars.

Getting rid of them though, might not be that simple.

I really feel the squad is far better than last year and with a few additions and good man management we will do much better,There were rumours the players were struggling to understand what pedro was instructing them to do,it certainly looked that way.

Time we cut our losses on Rossiter and Kranjcar. These two are never going to be first team regulars.

Niko is away in the summer. Rossiter I dont know,not fit enough even to loan out.

What ever manager is in place he will have the same group of players and attitudes so what realistically does this new man need to do to make us competitive?

Identikit situation for Big Eck

Useless at putting his own team together but excellent at getting a misfiring squad to play

Caretaker till summer

Reactions: TQ3
Whether the right thing or not there was underlying issues with a group of players and the manager this has got rid of that issue but I now worry that these players are more than ever required to help the foreign players out and they need to do so and not hold grudges, I still believe Miller has to answer for what went on he had a part to play in Pedros dismissal

How does this new manager get the best out of the players cos I feel half the squad would disappear into their shells at a rollicking and the other half might be inspired.

To me, the next manager must be strong personality but also a good man manager. Forget the new ideas in training, get back to basics and look at a more 'British style' game.
Guys like Candeias and Windass, Dorrans and Cardoso need a talking to, not been good enough.

Exactly what Rodgers came in and done at the scum. Take a squad of unfit duds and instill a winning mentality and solid style of play.

Decent - Wes, Alves, Dorrans
Can be coached - Candieas, Cardoso, Morelos, Jack, Tavernier, Holt
Look a tad uncoachable - Herrera, Pena, Windass,
Not our players - Nemane, John
Probably done - Wallace, Niko, Miller, lad from Liverpool
Promising - McCrorie

Kranjcars contract is up this summer, along with Wilson and Miller. Personally i will be glad when they go and we can use their wages for better use. We certainly dont need Kranjcar hes never fit and doesnt do much when he is. We dont need Wilson we have enough young cbs who can do his job. That leaves Miller, i would imagine this is his last season, i think we should be giving young hardie a run out to see what hes got,cant be any worse than what we have had lately

Whether the right thing or not there was underlying issues with a group of players and the manager this has got rid of that issue but I now worry that these players are more than ever required to help the foreign players out and they need to do so and not hold grudges, I still believe Miller has to answer for what went on he had a part to play in Pedros dismissal
Miller should be out the door with Pedro. I'm sure his pals from his time at celtc will console him.

binning pedro was the easy part ,getting something out of this spineless squad will be a major task ,good luck to inherits this mess .

Kranjcars contract is up this summer, along with Wilson and Miller. Personally i will be glad when they go and we can use their wages for better use. We certainly dont need Kranjcar hes never fit and doesnt do much when he is. We dont need Wilson we have enough young cbs who can do his job. That leaves Miller, i would imagine this is his last season, i think we should be giving young hardie a run out to see what hes got cant be any worse than what we have had lately
Give me young McCrorie over Wilson any day.

I might be wrong guys but if we are going to be serious about challenging for the league we need a clear out.

Foderingham.....50/50

Wallace ..........50/50

Alves. ............Yes

Cardioso..........Not good enough

Tavernier ........ Not good enough as a defender/ possibly as midfield .

Windass ..........Not good enough.

Jack ..............Yes

Dorrans ..........Yes

Candias...........50/50

Pena..............Not good enough

Morelos..........Yes

Miller.............Needs moved on

John..............50/50

Moh...............50/50

All of our players can play better than they have been. With a bit of a game plan, some extra fitness & proper coaching

We're a good while away from worrying about challenging for the title.

Next objective is still the same as it was 18 months ago - start winning consistently in the league.

Every player in the world can improve, even Messi and Ronaldo.
The issue we face is improving attitude as much as technical ability.

Give me young McCrorie over Wilson any day.

That goes for me as well mate, he will make mistakes and may have some howlers but he has potential unlike Wilson who isnt going to get any better. I want to see hungry players at the club, people who want to succeed and do well and want to play for the club. So many games recently and last year the team doesnt look like it gives too shits and chucks it

Plenty of the current team still young enough and with ability that can be coached/improved

Tav
Cardoso
McCrorie
John
Jack
Dorrans
Candeias
Morelos
Herrera

Windass I think has had his chances, I don't see it enough from him
Pena the jury is well and truely out. Can't see him being a key player for us

Every player can be coached.

The majority of the current Celtic first team is Ronnie Dildo’s players who we beat in the semi final.

Their only main additions are dembele and Sinclair.

Bit harsh on Herrera, he's hardly played and has a couple of goals and assists to his name.
Herrera should be starting next to morelos, hardly been given a chance and he has looked fine when he has. Far too soon to write him off.

Latest posts

Back