Which players is Gerrard referring to?

Grezda, Lafferty, Worrall would be my guess.

With him hooking Rossiter, possibly him too. Although could be his fitness.

It's ok slating the players after the last 2 games that's fair enough but the manager needs to take his share of the blame as well the system and game plan to deal with playing 10 men was non existent for nigh on a total of 90 minutes on Wed and today.

Surely to fu.ck there is a plan in place that is triggered if we're facing 10 men or we are reduced to 10 ourselves?

I don't think he's saying that about Grezda today, he was the one forward player who actually provided decent balls into the box.

I think it unlikely that Rossiter is demanding game time given his time on the sidelines and obvious need to be eased back in.

Worrall has played plenty so I doubt it's him.

Which leaves Lafferty. The support were split on him, and before anyone takes it as a dig, I was firmly in the bring him back camp. He got off to a good enough start with the double at Motherwell and a goal at Villarreal.
Since then? Less than fûck all.
Played at Livingston, today and against Aberdeen midweek in Morelos' absence and offered absolutely nothing.
For a guy who should be running through brick walls for that jersey, he looks a shadow of the player who fought like fùck for Hearts.

I don't think he's saying that about Grezda today, he was the one forward player who actually provided decent balls into the box.

I think it unlikely that Rossiter is demanding game time given his time on the sidelines and obvious need to be eased back in.

Worrall has played plenty so I doubt it's him.

Which leaves Lafferty. The support were split on him, and before anyone takes it as a dig, I was firmly in the bring him back camp. He got off to a good enough start with the double at Motherwell and a goal at Villarreal.
Since then? Less than fûck all.
Played at Livingston, today and against Aberdeen midweek in Morelos' absence and offered absolutely nothing.
For a guy who should be running through brick walls for that jersey, he looks a shadow of the player who fought like fùck for Hearts.
Disagree Chief. Worrall has been playing the Billy Big Baws since he's been here. "I'm not here to sit on the bench" crap that his fanboys on here loved. You can bet your bottom dollar he was one of the ones banging on SG's door demanding a game. Hope Gerrard has seen the light and punts him back to Forrest sharpish. Agree about Lafferty. Looked like he was looking to get sent off again today. Baffling as fk.

Disagree Chief. Worrall has been playing the Billy Big Baws since he's been here. "I'm not here to sit on the bench" crap that his fanboys on here loved. You can bet your bottom dollar he was one of the ones banging on SG's door demanding a game. Hope Gerrard has seen the light and punts him back to Forrest sharpish. Agree about Lafferty. Looked like he was looking to get sent off again today. Baffling as fk.

Couldn't agree more, a bang average footballer and if Forest want him back in January they can have him. He's dreadful and should be nowhere near our first team, he can drop Ejaria at Liverpool on his way past.

We’re stuck with lafferty for Hamilton, mores the pity. Can’t say I’m happy that the ones who said don’t sign him look to be very right. A traffic cone would have offered more in the second half.

I definitely think if we're playing lafferty he needs a partner. We don't have one for him just now as Alfie is pretty much a lone wolf. So, if and when we play lafferty there's a formation change and gives teams something else to think about.

Worral, Ejaria, Grezda, Lafferty.
I would be amazed if Grezda was included. The guy has just come back after seven months out with injury and I would have thought he`s at least another month away from full match fitness. In addition, he`s hardly had time to acclimatise to the hurly burly of the Scottish game and better players than him have had problems doing that. I think he will come good for us, provided he isn`t mucked about from position to position in the manager`s game of `chop and change`.

I would be amazed if Grezda was included. The guy has just come back after seven months out with injury and I would have thought he`s at least another month away from full match fitness. In addition, he`s hardly had time to acclimatise to the hurly burly of the Scottish game and better players than him have had problems doing that. I think he will come good for us, provided he isn`t mucked about from position to position in the manager`s game of `chop and change`.

Had a few decent runs before young full back got measure of him then done nothing.

It can’t be just me that thinks continually filleting sections of the squad is a fairly high risk strategy, even if you are Steven Gerrard.

We’ve had it after Livingston, Aberdeen twice and again now.

We, more than most, know that footballers can be very precious.

I think the manager has to be very careful with how he manages a squad who he is disappointed with.
The best managers in history have tended to be those who keep their slating within the confines of the training ground and dressing room.

Ever since gerrard swapped Katic for worrall our back line has been ropey, I hope to god he is back at Forrest in jan

It’s pretty clear he means players who didn’t start v hearts so it’s lafferty , Worral , Rossiter .

Should the manager be doing this in public? He should be toeing balls behind close doors. In this day and age the premadona players will take the huff. You can't blame the gaffer tho

It might not only be players that played in Dundee game. I would imagine it was aimed at Lafferty and Worrall but could also be Flanagan who he’s subbed at half time often recently.

I think Grezda and Rossiter will be excluded from that right now. The manager knows they are working up to full fitness.

What i dont understand with what Gerrard is saying is that if a player knocks on his door wanting a game then gets pitched in to a game like yesterday where the whole team struggles to function and doesnt perform well is that the only chance they are going to get?

When you have players like Ejaria, Goldson, Worrall, Flannagan and jack who have consistently been poor or average seem to get chance after chance

I think hes going after the wrong personal imo

He should be looking at the players who play week in and week out rather than ones flung in because injuries suspensions etc

Only guys I can think are Lafferty, Rossiter and Worrall.
That's the way I heard it in his interview yesterday; Rossiter seemed to give the hint that if he was one of the players the manager was referring to then he was aware of that. Worral was well off the pace yesterday, and too indecisive for a CH at this level. He should be dropped for Katic.

The one time we got proper service into lafferty he scored albeit wrongly disallowed our midfield delivered nothing to him our wide players continually hit the first defender or straight into the goalkeeper

This is the reality of the situation. Lafferty was actually pretty bright in the first half and scored a perfectly good goal. We fell to f*ck the second half because Kent went off and we had no creativity. Messi would have struggled up there in that second half yesterday.

The supply to our strikers from the wide areas simply isn't good enough but the players in these positions are fans favorites so you aren't allowed to criticise them.

I definitely think if we're playing lafferty he needs a partner. We don't have one for him just now as Alfie is pretty much a lone wolf. So, if and when we play lafferty there's a formation change and gives teams something else to think about.

Hearts, Hibs, Dundee, any championship side, I'm sure there are partners there he can team up with.

Worrall & Lafferty I would think. Can’t see Grezda & Rossiter banging on his down given both just back from long term injury. Not sure what players he can say he trusts fully to deliver after the last 2 performances McGregor only one who hasn’t let us down.

He had a partner at Livingston and just stood about like a traffic cone (see second half yesterday) to the extent he had to apologise to the manager the next day.I would give Dallas or Mebude a start against Hamilton

He had a partner at Livingston and just stood about like a traffic cone (see second half yesterday) to the extent he had to apologise to the manager the next day.I would give Dallas or Mebude a start against Hamilton

My point being, his partner that day IMO, isn't suited to playing with a partner. Morelos is built and plays like a lone striker. We need to find somebody suitable for lafferty to feed off.

Our lack of creativity doesn't help either to be fair

Probably Lafferty, I was in the bring him back crew, he was doing a job with Hearts, we needed a striker that knew the game up here and knows how to win and he fits that bill. However Lafferty imo needs to be playing games, it does him no favours sitting on the bench and then brought back in from the cold and expecting him to be on fire. Problem being he doesn’t look like he can play alongside Morelos and Morelos will start before Lafferty.

What i dont understand with what Gerrard is saying is that if a player knocks on his door wanting a game then gets pitched in to a game like yesterday where the whole team struggles to function and doesnt perform well is that the only chance they are going to get?

When you have players like Ejaria, Goldson, Worrall, Flannagan and jack who have consistently been poor or average seem to get chance after chance

I think hes going after the wrong personal imo

He should be looking at the players who play week in and week out rather than ones flung in because injuries suspensions etc

Yes - I’m not sure who he meant exactly but my first thought was “ok well what about the starters week in week out who are mostly terrible and lose or draw game after game but still start and play 90 minutes?” No clue what the gaffer is on about here but it all seems a bit harsh.

Probably Lafferty, I was in the bring him back crew, he was doing a job with Hearts, we needed a striker that knew the game up here and knows how to win and he fits that bill. However Lafferty imo needs to be playing games, it does him no favours sitting on the bench and then brought back in from the cold and expecting him to be on fire. Problem being he doesn’t look like he can play alongside Morelos and Morelos will start before Lafferty.
However bad Lafferty was he at least put away the one chance that fell to him cleanly.

Our midfield today and Wednesday was devoid of any invention and guile thus making Laffertys role almost impossible.

Yet I think SG was probably referring to him in his comments.
This is a SG problem as he signed Lafferty and it's became apparent that he can't play alongside Morelos and has problems operating as a main striker in a 4.3.2.1

SG created this problem and it's one he will have to solve sharpish

Yes - I’m not sure who he meant exactly but my first thought was “ok wellwhat about the starters week in week out who are mostly terrible and lose or draw game after game but still start and play 90 minutes?” No clue what the gaffer is on about here but it all seems a bit harsh.

Surely if you look at the games we dropped points in and there has been a lot he will see that certain players have been playing in most of they games

To deem players who come in for one game and dont play well in a team thats missing our 2 main attacking outlets Alfie and Arfield is madness imo

Looks to me like confirmation bias so he can get his favorites back in

I am right behind the gaffer but feel he deserves some of the criticism for out poor results

I hear a lot of people saying the players arent good enough but our budget dwarfs everyone in league bar the mentally challengeds so we should be able to get a good enough team on park to beat your dundee and Aberdeens etc

I feel we should try something different maybe a change in formation 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 as we are so predictable

Even the wife says to me at game yesterday this game and weds is like watching a Mark Warbuton team you know we are going to have all the ball and not score

Something has to change and quickly

I thought yesterday first half Grezda and Halliday were the only two players to get pass marks. He looked done by the hour mark but I’d really like to see Grezda get a run. Him and Barasic have huge potential to make that left side their own
Agree mate, I thought Grezda looked bright in the first half for sure. So did Lafferty tbh honestly looked right up for a goal. Think he let the disallowed goal bother him too much

Gerrard needs to be careful with his comments as it could demotivate some of the players if they are the ones he can't trust.

There are very few out there getting pass marks at the moment and it is a concern.

The performance levels of Goldson, Worrall, Katic, Flanagan, Coulibaly, Middleton, Jack, Lafferty and Ejaria haven't been good enough when they have played.

Only pass marks I'd give are to Tavernier, McAuley, Halliday, Arfield, Morelos and Candeias.

McGregor has been outstanding and benefit of the doubt has to go to players who haven't featured due to injury Barisic, Kent, Rossiter and Grezda hasn't really got a proper run in the team yet.

Also think we're missing players like Arfield, Kent and Murphy who can offer something in the final third.

Lots to think about with the chance to do something about it in January.

Should the manager be doing this in public? He should be toeing balls behind close doors. In this day and age the premadona players will take the huff. You can't blame the gaffer tho

He has to in my opinion.

The players go out and make him publicly look a c#nt when they don't perform, so he should call them out for it.

100% Worrall. The guy thinks he’s a proper player which is baffling. C unt can’t pass a ball 5 yards yet tries 30 yard diagonals constantly.

Would be pissing myself laughing if he was at any other team doing it.

Couldn't agree more, a bang average footballer and if Forest want him back in January they can have him. He's dreadful and should be nowhere near our first team, he can drop Ejaria at Liverpool on his way past.
He'll probably take the M73, M74, M6, A50 mate, it will be well out his way to go into Liverpool.

This is the reality of the situation. Lafferty was actually pretty bright in the first half and scored a perfectly good goal. We fell to f*ck the second half because Kent went off and we had no creativity. Messi would have struggled up there in that second half yesterday.

The supply to our strikers from the wide areas simply isn't good enough but the players in these positions are fans favorites so you aren't allowed to criticise them.

Not Lafferty's fault that the crossing in the second half was utterly abysmal.

I think Worrall's Billy big baws attitude is the problem with his partnership with Goldson.

When Goldson + Katic played together at the start of the season the combination worked because Goldson took the role of senior pro guiding and talking Katic through the game. Katic being younger accepted this.

Worrall however thinks he is the business despite having been no better than average from what I have seen. He seems to do his own thing and thinks he is the most senior/better player so doesn't take direction from Goldson so they aren't working as a partnership.

Personally I would have made Goldson captain at the star of the season. Our most successful captains have always been vocal centre halves.

Back