Which players is Gerrard referring to?

Couldn't agree more, a bang average footballer and if Forest want him back in January they can have him. He's dreadful and should be nowhere near our first team, he can drop Ejaria at Liverpool on his way past.

As I'm sure is the case with you, as well, Fatbluebear, I'm not one to make snap judgements about players, so I've been holding off on these two. However, I've now seen enough.

As you say, would be perfectly happy to see these two heading back south. It isn't working with them.

I was against spending money in Lafferty, would've took him last year in a free.
Saying that the criticism of him is harsh, he's hardly had much game time and yesterday we created nothing for him, if the linesman had done his job yesterday lafferty woukd be the toast of follow follow today for scoring the winner.

Lafferty’s an easy target and is already being made a scapegoat for yesterday even though he was good in the first half, better than Morelos was against Aberdeen, and should’ve had a goal too.

Some of the hot takes on Grezda from posters on this thread are absolutely laughable as well.

The one time we got proper service into lafferty he scored albeit wrongly disallowed our midfield delivered nothing to him our wide players continually hit the first defender or straight into the goalkeeper
It could be said that was the one time he got in the right position to receive the ball!

With regards to Grezda he looks a complete waste of money all pace and no end product.

He’s still recovering from injury, think he deserves a bit more time. Compare to when Steven Naismith returned from injury years ago.

Was a good 6/7 months before we seen the best of him, then he got injured again. Then Sevco...

Lafferty’s an easy target and is already being made a scapegoat for yesterday even though he was good in the first half, better than Morelos was against Aberdeen, and should’ve had a goal too.

Some of the hot takes on Grezda from posters on this thread are absolutely laughable as well.

It's the same scapegoats all the time from the same roasters on here. They don't have a clue about football.

We’re stuck with lafferty for Hamilton, mores the pity. Can’t say I’m happy that the ones who said don’t sign him look to be very right. A traffic cone would have offered more in the second half.
I think it highlights how ordinary the team are without Alfredo,we'd have been better signing Naismith in hindsight,at least he'd take the game to them.

Worrall and Lafferty were the two that instantly came to my mind.

Harsh people mentioning Grezda and Rossiter. Both these guys need a consistent run of games before we can properly judge them.

I don't know - but who is the men he can trust? He seems to be showing a lot of faith in players who are constantly failing to do the job asked of them. Perhaps he should be answering the door.

For me the 2 worst players we had on the Park v Dundee was Goldson and Tavernier.

Goldson has at least one full-on car crash per game and it usually results in our net rippling.
Tavernier was a mess and it's nigh on time he gets told that others will be taking the set pieces bar penalty kicks.
Middleton and Kent are the best at taking Corners, when Tab does manage to clear the 1st defender it's usually a gift of a catch for the opposing Keeper.

Tin Hat on but I'd be happy enough seeing Flanagan in his natural position at Right Back between now and New Year and let Tavernier rest.

For me the 2 worst players we had on the Park v Dundee was Goldson and Tavernier.

Goldson has at least one full-on car crash per game and it usually results in our net rippling.
Tavernier was a mess and it's nigh on time he gets told that others will be taking the set pieces bar penalty kicks.
Middleton and Kent are the best at taking Corners, when Tab does manage to clear the 1st defender it's usually a gift of a catch for the opposing Keeper.

Tin Hat on but I'd be happy enough seeing Flanagan in his natural position at Right Back between now and New Year and let Tavernier rest.
Said to ma old man Thursday night wouldn’t mind seeing Flanagan right back with tav infront it him

Apart from last week when he set up our two goals from set plays.

And as for Flanagan, just lol

Our problems are creating chances when teams sit in, how Jon Flanagan helps that then ive no idea.

Last edited:
Should the manager be doing this in public? He should be toeing balls behind close doors. In this day and age the premadona players will take the huff. You can't blame the gaffer tho

Yes he should.

He publicly backed Alfie to the hilt 2 days before a big game and then is let down badly!

We have a manager that is not to be trifled with, if you ain't delivering then you are out the door.

Remember this Gerrard was treated poorly during a period at Liverpool when they didn't have a team that was challenging so he knows what its like to play with inferior players.

It's got to be Joe "brick wall" Worral. I'd imagine Lafferty not being happy with his role. Rossiter is being nursed back in and he's maybe getting a bit impatient. Though, I don't think it's either him or Grezda the manager is talking about.

as for the topic at hand Worrall is defo one that sprang to my mind straight away.

you could tell from his 1st interview that he fancied his barra more than most, "I'm a wall" aye well I f.ucking agree with you the ball bounces off him like he is a wall.

that pass in the 1st half to the left flank clearly summed up the coaching staff about him as well, the one with the dark hair (forget who) came raging out the dug out, f.ucking fuming!

that guy is way above his station. Don't know about the rest at the minute.

Lafferty and Worrall no doubt. Can’t see Rossiter banging on the door demanding a game, he comes across very well in interviews and it’s clear he’s grateful that he’s still here.

He said he gave a run out to some players who had beeb banging the door looking for game time.

That suggests to me the inclusion of these players wasn't forced.

Lafferty was an enforced change.

I'm a wee bit concerned with who he believes he can trust.

Morelos and Arfield are givens.

Who else comes into that category, guys who got us results earlier in the season?

Coulibaly? Flanagan? Can they really be trusted given recent form?

You'll find out on thursday if Worrall is dropped it will probably be about him he is usually preferred for European football

We’re stuck with lafferty for Hamilton, mores the pity. Can’t say I’m happy that the ones who said don’t sign him look to be very right. A traffic cone would have offered more in the second half.

We’re not playing to his strengths. He needs ball into feet and ‘round corner’ type passes.....he is not a target man for crosses

He said he gave a run out to some players who had beeb banging the door looking for game time.

That suggests to me the inclusion of these players wasn't forced.

Lafferty was an enforced change.

I'm a wee bit concerned with who he believes he can trust.

Morelos and Arfield are givens.

Who else comes into that category, guys who got us results earlier in the season?

Coulibaly? Flanagan? Can they really be trusted given recent form?
He changed it so drastically yesterday because we were utter horseshit against Aberdeen.

It was a strange comment, we have a Croatian International full back, he must surely play even if only partially fit. Morelos, Goldson, Arfield and Tav will start, Candieas is suspended. The rest is much of a muchness tbh.

Lafferty, Rossiter, Halliday and Grezda are the only players he can be talking about surely?

Everyone else hasn't been playing recently regularly.

McGreger, Tav, Goldson, Worrall, Jack and when he was fit Kent.

Lafferty, Rossiter, Halliday and Grezda are the only players he can be talking about surely?

Everyone else hasn't been playing recently regularly.

McGreger, Tav, Goldson, Worrall, Jack and when he was fit Kent.
Lafferty is who I thought it was, but could well be wrong.

Lafferty and Worrall.

None of the others strike me as chap the manager's door types.

Neither will start on Thursday.

I think some of the players have flattered to deceive so looking good in training is one thing but failing to show it on a consistent basis come matchday is breaking point. Gerrard has tried to give them a chance but the tone of his post match interview on Sunday makes me think he has made up his mind on some of them.

I'd like to think we'll move a few on in January as well as bring a couple in. The way Souness used to do - 6 months to convince or be shipped out. This is where Mark Allen becomes crucial. I'm confident he and Gerrard know what's required and will suss out those who can't do what it takes. To expect just one transfer window to fix the damage of the last few was never realistic.

Initially many of us, myself included, thought that only Sadiq of the 15 in the summer was a failure but it might be more like 5 out of 15 don't cut it. A 1/3 failure rate is probably more realistic.

The last 2 matches have been poor, both in terms of result and performance, but that just shows how vulnerable we are without our 2 best outfield players and goal threats (Morelos and Arfield).

We're not as bad as these last 2 games have shown in the same way as we're not as good as earlier good results against Hearts, Motherwell, Austria Vienna, etc have shown. We're somewhere in between. Good on our day but inconsistent. Gerrard and Allen have to quickly identy the bits that work and replace the bits that don't. I believe they will get it right.

Watching the game, can't remember what time or who the opposition player was, lafferty went head to head with one of their players. It was just at the dugout and SG was standing facing lafferty as he stood his ground.....SG didn't seem to react and just stared right at lafferty as he put himself in a position to maybe get sent off.

He looked annoyed, but never even made any attempt to call lafferty to back off. Thought it looked a bit strange at the time especially as everyone knew lafferty was playing because morelos was out due to red cards. I would imagine all the players were warned about getting involved and incurring another red....but there was big kyle doing it right in front of the manager.

Grezda, Lafferty, Worrall would be my guess.

With him hooking Rossiter, possibly him too. Although could be his fitness.

Tough on Grezda and Rossiter, both just back from long time injuries.

I think maybe the manager should ask himself why he continues too pick- Ejaria, Coulibaly, Worrell and Flanagan. He has given them a fair crack, but they continually let us down

We get it that you don't rate Jack - solid 7/10 every game for me in the role he plays.

Plus did you notice that Halliday had an ice pack strapped to his calf muscle at the end of the game.

5/10 at best.

Jack is standard SPL dross, we need far better to win 55.

We get it that you don't rate Jack - solid 7/10 every game for me in the role he plays.

Plus did you notice that Halliday had an ice pack strapped to his calf muscle at the end of the game.
He's beyond pathetic now! He should just stick to wrestling.

I think it highlights how ordinary the team are without Alfredo,we'd have been better signing Naismith in hindsight,at least he'd take the game to them.
And Arfield. In attack/midfield we, arguably, we're without our two best players.

100% Worrall. The guy thinks he’s a proper player which is baffling. C unt can’t pass a ball 5 yards yet tries 30 yard diagonals constantly.

Would be pissing myself laughing if he was at any other team doing it.
What??
Did U not see that 45 yard diagonal ball straight to the Gaffers feet???

Some people really have it in for Grezda, the guy ia a good player and is still trying to settle.

Even in two shit shows of games you could see his class with a touch way better than just about anyone else at the club. He does however remind me of countless players who took time to get up to speed with the game here. Especially as the game wore on you could see him get caught on the ball more often. I still see huge potential in him but it will be hard to show it if the form of the team continues to dip.

Lafferty is definitely one.The fact that he had to apologise for his performance against Livingston and then produce the same static performance in the second half on Sunday would suggest the manager has seen enough and he'll be replaced in January imo

It can’t be just me that thinks continually filleting sections of the squad is a fairly high risk strategy, even if you are Steven Gerrard.

We’ve had it after Livingston, Aberdeen twice and again now.

We, more than most, know that footballers can be very precious.

I think the manager has to be very careful with how he manages a squad who he is disappointed with.
The best managers in history have tended to be those who keep their slating within the confines of the training ground and dressing room.
Fair enough, keep the bawling and shouting in the dressing room, but i would be raging if he didn't replace under performers for others who are looking the part in training. By keeping on playing players who are not cutting it, really has a negative effect on the others. The problem we have seen in the last couple of games is that too many don't appear up to it or are having a dip in form at the same time. if the loss of just Arfield and / or Morelos can diminish the team to that, we may well have a real problem.

What i dont understand with what Gerrard is saying is that if a player knocks on his door wanting a game then gets pitched in to a game like yesterday where the whole team struggles to function and doesnt perform well is that the only chance they are going to get?

When you have players like Ejaria, Goldson, Worrall, Flannagan and jack who have consistently been poor or average seem to get chance after chance

I think hes going after the wrong personal imo

He should be looking at the players who play week in and week out rather than ones flung in because injuries suspensions etc
I agree mate. I think hes made a boo boo with this comment.
You played cause you knocked on my door. SG always says he makes changes cause its a long season and its not fair to play to many games.

Who can he really trust when push comes to shove? This is a squad mostly well beneath what he’s played with throughout his career.

He can trust McGregor, McAuley to be solid enough, a shift out of Arfield, Tav, perhaps one or two others.

Even gems like Alfredo can’t really be trusted not to do something daft.

These sorts of comments are treading a fine line because many of them just don’t have it in them to give the consistency required or produce on demand after being left out.

I understand where the Lafferty rage is coming from but I for one am not willing to criticize any forward until we start supplying them with decent balls that they should bury. We create zero chances...... what is any stronger to do. Lafferty could score a barrel loaded given the proper supply. Until we address this issue we are doomed. We MUST bring in a creative midfielder. Too many defensive guys. Morelos should not be needed to fight for a back and deliver a ball to who exactly....... he is the striker. Last night perfect example. Third is Gerrards job.

Back