Which set up was better?

• Cooper

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Two very different pieces of set up play, but both featuring moments of utter brilliance. I’m purposefully not using the word ‘assist’ since Ferguson didn’t get the direct assist despite the key passage of play in the goal being executed by him (seems unjust but that’s why assists aren’t always a solid stat for measuring one’s creative quality). On one hand you’ve got Cooper tying half a team in knots with sensational close control to leave Fleck with a simple finish, albeit against more modest opposition. Then you’ve got a young Ferguson bamboozling a few players from a top European side to play in Johansson who then fed it to Gio to set us up for a massive away win.

Cooper vs Tampere

Ferguson vs Leverkusen

I feel sorry for anyone up against Cooper in this one!

The level of opposition was much lower, but even then, Cooper's skill there is just on a different level.

I feel sorry for anyone up against Cooper in this one!

The level of opposition was much lower, but even then, Cooper's skill there is just on a different level.

I actually liked the idea of putting Hutton’s assist for Adam vs Stuttgart against him but I couldn’t find any fecking footage of it.

I actually liked the idea of putting Hutton’s assist for Adam vs Stuttgart against him but I couldn’t find any fecking footage of it.

Having that same problem with my goal polls, I keep thinking of great goals to post then can't find them anywhere.

Having that same problem with my goal polls, I keep thinking of great goals to post then can't find them anywhere.

It’s a pain in the hole. I liked the idea of having it be two pieces of play both against good German sides. But in the end it was just a good excuse to get everyone to watch Cooper’s dribbling again, ball control the likes of which you just don’t see from players on these shores now.

A good poll could be aribo against braga vs lovenkrands vs stutgaart in the champions league.

in this one..... Cooper. He just makes it look so easy. Plus he is celebrating the goal before the ball is in the net.

Landslide so far. I genuinely thought the quality of opposition might influence some, as well as age. Quite a lot of younger folk on here who often side with the players of their own era.

Incidentally I voted Cooper too just because for me there’s no better sight in football than a top player dribbling multiple players.

I expected to see Coops setup for Durrant v the scum, which is the best reverse pass you will ever see.
For this it’s still Coop all day long.
Was just about to say the same. One of my favourite goals ever. Went mental that day

I expected to see Coops setup for Durrant v the scum, which is the best reverse pass you will ever see.
For this it’s still Coop all day long.

To be fair Coop had too many of those moments of magic for them all to be included

I'm in the minority who went for Barry.

I took into account the quality of the opposition and the fact Cooper gets a wee break of the ball when the 2nd guy gets his foot in.

Also a factor is the age Ferguson was at the time. That's a 19/20 year old selling pretty much an entire top class midfield a dummy with one move. Great composure and awareness. They were Champions League finalists a couple of years later remember.

I think they both took the same number of players out of the game, Barry just did it with less touches.

2 moments of genius.

Cooper - it is, however, a bit unfair on Barry as I'm pretty sure a lot of the votes are sentiment based.
How could you vote against Davie Cooper?

Back