Which was the better goal? Jelavic v Ehiogu

The better goal?

• Jelavic

Votes: 152 49.7%
  • Ehiogu

Votes: 154 50.3%

• Total voters

dh1963

After yesterday's poll being a landslide, hoping this one is more of a debate.

Two 1-0 wins at difficult venues, 2 acrobatic overhead kicks that had us open mouthed as well as celebrating.

One a striker who has scored goals in many countries, the other a centre back scoring his only goal for the club.

But which is the better goal?

Big Ugo's!
I remember the day after someone posted a screen grab from one of their forums about Ugo.
It simply said "They're not playing him are they?" there was probably a laughing emoji after it.

Jelavic as it was all down to his ability, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and did it perfectly.
Big Ugo, for all it was a great goal and any goal against that mob is special it was essentially a hit and hope 999,999 times in a million that ball is in beside the bears!

Got to be Jelavic because he meant exactly that. As someone posted Big Ugo's goal was more a hit and hope effort, plus Boruc could have done so much better. Still a brilliant goal though, but Jelavic was different class.

I actually thought Jelavic's bicycle kick/volley v Dunfermline was better.

Jelavic for me. The way he got it lined up whilst backing in to the defender is sublime.

Ehiogu's, whilst stilla great goal, was more on instinct.

I’ve gone for Ehiogu.
Both great goals but Jelavic loses out for allowing Naishame to jump on his back during the goal celebrations :p

Jelavic.

A crucial goal late in the season to secure a vital win on the road to title.

The big man was absolutely unplayable around then.

Tough one, both very similar goals, not your acrobatic overhead but snatched a goal from nowhere. Ugo's just edges it.

Ugo for me! Had actually been sitting next to the big man on a flight up from London during the week before the game. He said he was buzzing for the OF game... wish I'd put a few quid on him to score!!

Back