Which was the better goal? Mendes v Miller

Mendes or Miller

• Pedro

Votes: 289 88.1%
  • Alex

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters
If it's based on the goal itself then Mendes by a mile for me. Both of them are a great watch.

Was down the front at the sty that day and my dad had cane down the terrace go get me , we were going back up the terracing to the exit when we stopped to see our last attack / you can see from the video the scenes :)

only the second time I’d seen us win at the sty the first time was a 3-1 Glasgow cup win on a wed night when that tourney was meaningful !

Today's poll features 2 cracking strikes at the Rangers end of Parkhead, both in slightly unexpected wins there, and both in August near the start of the season.
Neither player scored all that often but they found the perfect time to find the net.

If you had to choose between them, which was the better goal?

Pedro Mendes

Today's poll features 2 cracking strikes at the Rangers end of Parkhead, both in slightly unexpected wins there, and both in August near the start of the season.
Neither player scored all that often but they found the perfect time to find the net.

If you had to choose between them, which was the better goal?

Pedro - a thing of accuracy and beauty

Alex Miller, his goal was a last minute winner at the Glitter dome where we hadn't won for 9 years IIRC.
Also wee Bud dinking Provo on the head with the ball just before it makes it all the sweeter.

It's clear to anyone who knows football that Pedro's is by far the better goal - the pre-rehearsed set piece, the quality of the strike from a quality player, Rangers end at the piggery. Easy decision -

So I voted for Miller - it was the first time I'd seen us win at that dump, there was Bud bouncing it off Provan's nut, and then throwing it perfectly for the unlikeliest of heroes to score a last minute winner at the home of our biggest rivals. As a fan last minute winners don't come much better

Pedro goal is the better of the two but Miller's goal has more significance for me as I was there that day.

Pedro for me. Unbelievable strike. Clean as a whistle, with the added bonus of a mentally challenged behind the goal hitting his scarf off the deck repeatedly as it hits the net!!

I was there to witness Pedro's and what a goal it was, but I've watched footage of Alex Miller's goal countless times and seeing the whole Rangers end explode when it goes in is amazing.

Parkhead must've been incredible as a Gers supporter in the 70s and early 80s,

I also know what that goal meant to Bears of that era, as we hadn't won in the league there since 1974, despite winning 2 trebles.

Throw in the fact it was a last minute winner too.

I'm voting Alex Miller.

The goal meant much more.
Spot on mate and well put. I was in the Rangers end that day when Miller scored. Always seem to remember wee Bud touching provans head with the ball more than the actual goal coz the whole Rangers end went crazy

Last edited:
I already voted but what a goal that was from Pedro! I went absolutely mental when it hit the back of the net!

Back