Which was the better goal? Numan v Ness

Which N scored the better goal?

• Numan

Votes: 87 30.7%
  • Ness

Votes: 196 69.3%

• Total voters
I think I am going for Numan in this one, and it's for the same reason others think Ness.

Ness has little time to think or to take aim, and leathers it. And what a hit.
Numan is further out, at more of an angle, and gets a second to look up and target the only corner of the goal that he could score in. He then executes it perfectly with pace and swerve.

I've been in the minority a few times in these polls!

Before really looking at them again, I thought right off it would be Numan.

But ... it really is Ness's goal.

btw -- Ness's goal should be played to every one of our outfield players with the following remarks:
"To vary the play, have a shot from distance occasionally. It may seem that it will be blocked, but sometimes (more often than you'd think) it flies through. Have a go !!"

I've went for Numan as I remember being in my seat in Row A in the Copland behind the nets and watching it fly in. Great memory.

I voted Ness for sentimental reasons as it was the 1st time I had taken my son to an old firm game. Really hurt my throat when that goal went in, I was hoarse for weeks cause of it.

Needless to say, both great goals but Ness had to bring the ball under control, tee his shot up see the space and hit it superbly with two of the cnts galloping at him. Alfred had more time to do the same thing without any real opposition; they were all scared to run at him in case he mugged them.

Ness for me.

Standing in the WE and was right in line with him. Thought he'd made a cùnt of his first touch then when he got a shot away I was expecting it to land in the Broomloan.

That moment of silence before everyone erupts as the see the ball in the net. Superb strike.

Still pisses me off that we ultimately lost that tie.

Ness for me.

Standing in the WE and was right in line with him. Thought he'd made a cùnt of his first touch then when he got a shot away I was expecting it to land in the Broomloan.

That moment of silence before everyone erupts as the see the ball in the net. Superb strike.

Still pisses me off that we ultimately lost that tie.

criminal how we drew it mate - they should have been dead and buried but as usual we let them back in it

criminal how we drew it mate - they should have been dead and buried but as usual we let them back in it

We were lucky to draw it tbh. Outplayed by 10 men and only a wonder save from Shagger kept us in the cup.

Even more infuriating was that for the full second half McCoist stood on the touchline, arms folded, watching us get the run around and took no action to rectify it.

We were lucky to draw it tbh. Outplayed by 10 men and only a wonder save from Shagger kept us in the cup.

Even more infuriating was that for the full second half McCoist stood on the touchline, arms folded, watching us get the run around and took no action to rectify it.

Your post and your username don't match very well!

Ness for me - think it's the first time I've seen that goal, strangely.

Numan's is taking the piss - his line up and stride was so telegraphing he was pulling the trigger he might as well have pointed and let the keeper know where he was hitting it, but even so, he still wouldn't have stopped it.

Saw this poll and said Ness right away.
But had to look at Numans again as I knew it was a cracker aswell.
But for me Ness has it...

Probably going against popular opinion based on the comments I've seen so far but it's Numan for me. More difficult angle with less to aim at whereas Ness, while still a great goal, was fairly central - now Thern against Numan would be a closer comparison.
It may also be the case that my decision has been influenced by the fact that I'm still ragin' that we never won the Ness game.

Numan for me. Ness' goal was a belter but more a smash as he was getting closed down. Numan appeared to just pick his spot.

Numans for me. Reminds me of a goal that Norwegian full back scored, Cant remember his name but Souness sent him packing after he bad mouthed us in the press

Back