Which Youngster will breakthrough this season?

Crouchy

Not necessarily the most talented or hyped, but which one do you think will see some extended game time, if any?

We’ve had McCrorie. Who’s next on the conveyor belt?

Middleton came in and did a job.

I think Dapo will see a few cup games and sub appearances.

Hopefully by having a stronger overall squad we can blood youngsters here and there, perhaps in Cup games or league games we are in control of, without it impacting as greatly on the club.

Would be good to see the likes of Mebupe or even McPake?

Depends on who goes on loan.

I reckon Kelly is the best of our teenagers but it will be hard to break into our midfield given the numbers there.

Same applies for Dapo and McPake as we have plenty wide men especially if Kent returns.

Shiels at left back has a chance.

As above McPake may be in with a shout, especially if he signs a new deal with us. All depends who impresses the most in training/games for the younger sides as well. Seems like most of the impressive youngsters are more on the attacking side where we are more stronger but would still hope to see a few get some game time here & there.

I think Robbie McCrorie may head out on loan again this year, lower end SPL club where he'll play every wee would be ideal then ready to compete for No 1 jersey the season after

Would like to see Robby McCrorie get a cup game here and there.

I hate this “lets play number 2 keeper in the cup” fad that’s in football now. We haven’t won a cup for how long now? Strongest team possible every week.

Hated it when it was Alexander, still hate it.

I actually don’t see any getting enough games to be classed as a breakthrough. Squad depth will be a lot deeper this season.

Would agree with that. The 'pathway to the first team' that they always go on about seems to be pretty blocked off.

None of them.

We have brought in players and some will go but we are well covered in most positions.

I would say Josh McPake needs another year but we really need to try and keep him. Losing our best prospects before they even get a debut for the first team is rendering the academy useless.

I can't see there being any given any opportunity next season unless it's the odd occasion of a last few minutes sub appearance.

I actually don’t see any getting enough games to be classed as a breakthrough. Squad depth will be a lot deeper this season.
The most truthful quote I heard in long time ,the academy is a frustrating place for the boys as a they look to hit the scene , unfortunately they have no opportunity at our club we don't breed them in and this is why the lads are so frustrated and would rather leave,we have them to stop and let's be realistic the gaffer hasn't showed anything so far to say he will use youths .
Ross is not regarded as a youth at 20 for me.

Think Cammy Palmer can make an impact if we decide to get rid of some midfielders like Dorrans Rossiter and Doc

I'm a big fan of Palmer mate, but he's not at 1st team level yet.

With the depth and quality of our squad now, I don't see any of the youths making the step up this season.

Next season more likely.

Would agree with that. The 'pathway to the first team' that they always go on about seems to be pretty blocked off.

The pathway to the first team will be there, along the lines of Liverpool’s system but on a smaller scale.

It will involve meeting certain targets, doing well in loan spells etc and then if good enough a promotion to the first team squad. Once in the squad it’s up to them to win a place in the team at training and in matches.

It won’t just be a case if we have a weak area so a kid gets thrown in.

That’s how I see it anyway - I could be wrong

Not many of the guys mentioned stand a chance as things stand, the squad is too bloated. Hardie and Rudden are in with a shout to be 3rd choice striker if Lafferty leaves but that's about it. Some of the more promising 17/18 year old guys need time to bulk up.

Not many of the guys mentioned stand a chance as things stand, the squad is too bloated. Hardie and Rudden are in with a shout to be 3rd choice striker if Lafferty leaves but that's about it. Some of the more promising 17/18 year old guys need time to bulk up.
I tend to think some could do with bit more bulk,but the reflection on that is look at other youngsters thriving elsewhere ,they are not the biggest but do a job if your good enough your in for me and unless they are tested and tried they will all move on that's the simple facts off this situation, therefore what's point of breeding them?

I can't see any breaking through with the depth we'll have and until we secure silverware, and I personally don't have a problem with that.

I tend to think some could do with bit more bulk,but the reflection on that is look at other youngsters thriving elsewhere ,they are not the biggest but do a job if your good enough your in for me and unless they are tested and tried they will all move on that's the simple facts off this situation, therefore what's point of breeding them?
Mebude has been suggested and he is still very slight, he hasn't even turned 18 yet. He just needs a bit more time.

Think Cammy Palmer can make an impact if we decide to get rid of some midfielders like Dorrans Rossiter and Doc

Seems well thought of but needs games. Would suggest a season loan somewhere he will be challenged but get a regular game.

Mebude has been suggested and he is still very slight, he hasn't even turned 18 yet. He just needs a bit more time.
This is one I will totally disagree on this lad is nowhere near our team and if he makes more than 5 appearance in competitive games this season IL put £1000 into our youth system.
Nothing personal just think miles away.
For me Rudden is much much closer in position and even he probably won't get near it.

The most truthful quote I heard in long time ,the academy is a frustrating place for the boys as a they look to hit the scene , unfortunately they have no opportunity at our club we don't breed them in and this is why the lads are so frustrated and would rather leave,we have them to stop and let's be realistic the gaffer hasn't showed anything so far to say he will use youths .
Ross is not regarded as a youth at 20 for me.

SG future depends on being a success at Rangers , Will he get the dream job at Liverpool without being a success at Rangers NO

Will SG take the chance to play some of the young fellas quoted on here this season or next NO
SG reputation and future depends on success , clubs in Scotland must be monitoring the situation with a smile on there face knowing that if it continues to be a stumbling block for youth players at Rangers they have every chance of picking up current and future players from our club

It must be extremely frustrating for the youth department who seem to be doing a tremendous job

SG future depends on being a success at Rangers , Will he get the dream job at Liverpool without being a success at Rangers NO

Will SG take the chance to play some of the young fellas quoted on here this season or next NO
SG reputation and future depends on success , clubs in Scotland must be monitoring the situation with a smile on there face knowing that if it continues to be a stumbling block for youth players at Rangers they have every chance of picking up current and future players from our club

It must be extremely frustrating for the youth department who seem to be doing a tremendous job
100%agree

Not necessarily the most talented or hyped, but which one do you think will see some extended game time, if any?

We’ve had McCrorie. Who’s next on the conveyor belt?

Middleton came in and did a job.

I think Dapo will see a few cup games and sub appearances.

Someone better phone an engineer out that conveyor belt hasn’t started

Maybe Serge Ataky will get see some minutes, just back from a loan spell on Finland.
He is probably ahead of Rudden.

I don't know why people keep saying this about Mebude, he's not the tallest but he's built like a fucking tank.

14vs45h.png

If he doesn't make it, it's certainly not going to be anything to do with his physical presence.

I don't know why people keep saying this about Mebude, he's not the tallest but he's built like a fucking tank.

14vs45h.png

If he doesn't make it, it's certainly not going to be anything to do with his physical presence.

Baron if you put a wig on you would be his double

A few from each part of the team could depending on circumstances.

Gk: is obviously McCrorie
Df: Houston, Finalyson, Breen.
Mid: Kelly, Palmer, Thomson.
Fw: Mebude, McPake, Rudden

14vs45h.png

Hard to argue with the photographic evidence! I thought he had looked a bit small on the pitch but I might have been thinking more of Serge Atakayi.

To be honest, I’m hoping that Ross McCrorie gets a chance to properly establish himself. He has been in & out for a couple of season now and at 21 should really be playing the majority of matches.

Mebude on the bench and ready to come on and add something different and quite physical would be great to see.

If we are really pushing Them for the title next year then I can see Gerrard quite rightly sticking with experience so expecting Ross McCrorie, Mebude, Houston etc to be held back a bit.

There’s a lot of excess in the squad that are probably ahead of the youngster in the queue to the first team sadly - we need to shift the likes of Lafferty, Grezda, Baricic(?) before the youngsters really have a chance.

The club , via DoF , needs to demand a portion of games for our development players . They should be a big part of the pre-season planning exercises and i would imagine they most definitely are.

Rangers really ought to have a set of fixtures assigned across the season where these players are going to feature . Win those games in 1H / 60 mins and get quarter games for 1 or 2 guys. That is what the jobs of the manager / coaches / players has to be. Games v lower league could see them start a match if all goes well .

The squad needs to be thinned out , some senior / established guys shoukd be displaced to facilitare this program. Tough decisions need made , and i think SG / MA will make them . This can be seen as a very interesting / revealing pointer on our professionalism imo.

As much as they won't really get a chance in the next year or two with us, they won't get a chance anywhere else either unless its a considerably smaller club. If they want to play for a big club in the near future we are the best chance they have got IMO.

As much as they won't really get a chance in the next year or two with us, they won't get a chance anywhere else either unless its a considerably smaller club. If they want to play for a big club in the near future we are the best chance they have got IMO.
Nonsense I'm sorry there is boys getting opportunities elsewhere and to a 17/18 year old Hearts , Aberdeen,etc are big clubs for them to start there career that's the hard facts

McPake, Rudden or Mebude. Really depends on who we send out on loan this season.

There is a lot of talent waiting to come through so hopefully we will see a few in the first team as we go for 55.

Atakayi
Mebude
McPake
Young-Coombes
Kelly

There's your 5 to watch. Young-Coombes maybe a bit too young but we'll see the other 4 involved this season, I am sure.

Nonsense I'm sorry there is boys getting opportunities elsewhere and to a 17/18 year old Hearts , Aberdeen,etc are big clubs for them to start there career that's the hard facts
Hearts and Aberdeen shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as us.

Just can’t see it

Back