Whittaker/Swansea Why

Feel a bit for Whittaker in it all but in general who cares now. We move on to other targets now. No big deal. Not like we were signing anyone of know quality. Could easily have been another Matondo type signing

Whittaker surely a different option to either of those.
What I’ve seen is he’s primarily a left footed wideman plays on the right capable of interchanging positions.
The role Sakala has been playing quite a lot recently.
Kent Tillman Cantwell will be the 3 forwards behind the striker - we’ll then have Hagi Sakala Lawerence Lowry Roofe Matondo next season unless we can move a couple on.

Just don’t see it as a position that is priority - GK CM No9 will be.

Kent Tillman Cantwell will be the 3 forwards behind the striker - we’ll then have Hagi Sakala Lawerence Lowry Roofe Matondo next season unless we can move a couple on.

Just don’t see it as a position that is priority - GK CM No9 will be.
I don’t necessarily disagree but Whittaker is a different option and a decent offer was put in for him which suggests we wanted him priority or not .
Funnily enough the right forward position was seen on here for yonks as a position to fill.

I’ve mentioned before that I live in Plymouth and been to a fair few Argyle games this season. Although he has impressed I never really thought he could be one for Rangers. Definitely promising tho

That said it’s shit of Swansea to take him back and not play him. He was doing well for Argyle, playing most games and performing well

I don’t necessarily disagree but Whittaker is a different option and a decent offer was put in for him which suggests we wanted him priority or not .
Funnily enough the right forward position was seen on here for yonks as a position to fill.
Agree wide right/RW was a problem position when we played with a front 3 - now playing with a front 4 definitely not.

Apparently during the January window Swansea let go 6 players and never brought any player in.
Seems a decent bid from Rangers yet didn’t let Whittaker go.
Can’t see rationale.
Any ideas?

It's no big deal, either way.

He was an English Championship player who had to go to League 1 to get regular football.

No chance he'd be a regular starter for us.

Joe Aribo never struggled in the English Championship mate and had to drop a division get a game.
Are you sure?
My recollection was Charlton were in Div 1 when we signed Aribo.
Think Charlton may have got promoted or at least played in play offs to Championship for Charlton at the end of the season .
If I’m right Aribo was picked up on the basis of league 1 form.

Anyway I’m sure you’ll check it out and it might just be an old fogey has got it wrong.haha
Let me know.

Back