Whittaker/Swansea Why

After they let go 6 players they said they couldn’t let any others go as the squad would be too light.

Apparently during the January window Swansea let go 6 players and never brought any player in.
Seems a decent bid from Rangers yet didn’t let Whittaker go.
Can’t see rationale.
Any ideas?

Seems they didn't agree the bid was decent.

I think once they lost Obafemi they felt they were short in forward areas, and with no one coming in they had to keep Whittaker.

Maybe they brought him back to provide cover for those that were going without anticipating that we or anyone else would come in with a bid.

Maybe turn out best for both parties he stays at Swansea gets more experience and comes to us in the summer I doubt he would have been an automatic starter with us just now

Apparently during the January window Swansea let go 6 players and never brought any player in.
Seems a decent bid from Rangers yet didn’t let Whittaker go.
Can’t see rationale.
Any ideas?

Clearly Swansea didn’t think it was a decent bid…. Hence why he’s still there!

Clearly we thought it was a more than fair bid…. Hence why we never improved our bid and he’s still at Swansea.

It’s not really rocket science

The obviously wanted more money - not sure they'll ever get it but that's what they wanted. It wasn't Martin, think he's made that clear.

Who knows what happened in the background, one thing’s for sure, it’ll be hard for the lad to get motivated and give his best for Swansea after being dicked about by them, especially as he was doing very well on his loan move

Why are we having a crywank over a guy from League One?
Not at all.
Wondered if anyone knew the reason considering they let 6 go presumably for financial reasons.
Rangers clearly offered decent dough which you would have thought would have secured his release in their financial circumstances.
If not acceptable to Swansea fair enough but seems out of kilter with the rest of their transfer business.
If they sold Whittaker presumably could have held onto others.

The obviously wanted more money - not sure they'll ever get it but that's what they wanted. It wasn't Martin, think he's made that clear.
I thought they were happy with the amount we’d offered just now how we’d structured the deal

I reckon he comes in the summer unless he absolutely flies for Swansea and becomes an EPL target

I thought they were happy with the amount we’d offered just now how we’d structured the deal

I reckon he comes in the summer unless he absolutely flies for Swansea and becomes an EPL target
It didn't even seem that Martin wanted him at Swansea all that much - be interesting to see if he does get some game time.

If he barely plays or doesn't do much when he does, our interest may wane - or, at the very least, our offer drops. Curious to see what happens.

They clearly have a value for the player which is more than we were willing to pay.

Back