Who’s the mastermind behind all of this? - RTV upgrade and club website revamp?

Any idea if they plan to have a studio? It was okay having the presenters along the pitch side in glorious weather, but give it another 4-6 weeks and the 8 month Scottish winter sets in.
Glorious weather? Emma's nipples were freezing up she had to put on a coat to hide them. :))

Seemless process for me to cast from the Rangers App to the TV from my android phone, fantastic set up, the odd buffer but nothing major.

Just downloaded the app and have logged in.

Watching Sunday's game over again on the mobile and I can't see an option to cast to TV.

Am I missing/doing something wrong ?

Didn't really need a mastermind, all you had to do was look at the site compared to any other modern day web platform to realise it needed upgraded.
and recruit people who could actually manage an interactive database and a media platform.
rather than a "list" and 2 expensive cameras.

Regarding Rtv and the new website what an absolute upgrade.
Loved the game yesterday with that commentary and also the website is class and modern.
The new signage around the stadium also is class.
Who is it that deals with all that as they deserve a pay rise lol

feel bad but I used to hate watching the game on RTV , now I’m looking forward to the game now, even pre game was class, good pundits and speak a lot of sense.
Me. Your welcome. Doing my best bro

Watching Sunday's game over again on the mobile and I can't see an option to cast to TV.

Cast icon is in top right corner after the stream is actually playing. I believe it only appears if you have a compatible device to cast to on the same WiFi network though.

The only solution is turning your phone off! Even Amazon who have millions of quid ploughed into their EPL coverage can’t sort the streaming delay.
Exactly, that's what I do before every game. Nothing worse that watching it and getting wound up as an attack unfolds, and then you get the ping on your phone letting you know that someone has scored before you actually see it. Feck that.

Correct,
Cast icon is in top right corner after the stream is actually playing. I believe it only appears if you have a compatible device to cast to on the same WiFi network though.
when viewing the game it is in the top right hand corner, just click on it and the phone/laptop etc will automatically link with your TV if they are on the same network

Loving it myself. I've had a love hate relationship with RTV over the last few years. US based had real trouble with them. Was buying away games from B/R Live and home games RTV.
RTV was forever buffering and hard to watch. Been good now since before the covid shutdown, with the latest upgrade to the presentation of the whole package being the icing on the cake.

Everything about the non footballing side of the club seems to have taken a massive leap forward since Bisgrove came in.
The off-the-park side of the club has came on leaps and bounds since Dave King took the reins and continues to improve. The sick irony is we are still coming up short ON the park.

Hi mate when i access the game on the App to watch the cast option appears automatically at top right of my mobile phone as the pic below, My TV has built in chrome cast.

Hugely encouraging strides being made off the park.

Going from attending every match home and away all my life to now going over 11 years + of working abroad and watching every match via RTV annual subscription was never going to be perfect.
I am absolutely thrilled to say that Sunday’s programme is the best it has ever been throughout the last 11 years. Everything we have been asking / wishing / hoping for; a live introduction to the game with studio pundits different to the commentary team, team line ups and discussions on shape, tactics, form etc. seamless handover to the commentary team, commentary team superb and above all else impartial and insightful, half time and full time insight and analysis on the games talking points.
Absolutely loved it-well done rangers and all involved.

I would love to see the same programme set up for away games also. I am sure opposition teams wouldn’t allow our studio presenters into their grounds, but even if they were based on a studio providing the same analysis and discussion pre and post match this would be great.

Hopefully the start of the new normal for us fans who are deprived of visits to Ibrox with or without a global pandemic.

Absolutely outstanding if I’m honest, In such a sort space of time as well.

The club seem to be moving really quickly off the field it’s now up to the players to match it.

I watched it on PS4 browser on flat screen tv and worked great on Sunday , actually now looking forward to watching games hassle free and good quality . Well done Rangers .

Exactly, that's what I do before every game. Nothing worse that watching it and getting wound up as an attack unfolds, and then you get the ping on your phone letting you know that someone has scored before you actually see it. Feck that.

My worst experience of this was watching Sunderland in a pub on a stream. Place was packed and then some dick at the bar started celebrating that Sunderland had a penalty in the last minute... 2 mins before it was on the tele. Some folk are unable to leave their phones alone for 90 mins.

In case you're wondering, Defoe stepped up and buried the penalty.

Things are moving apace at Ibrox both on and off the park, new people new ideas, all good, from my
point off view, certainly yesterday, in my first venture on live RTV, was a failure, Laptop HDMI to the TV it must have been at my end, something I was not doing right later after midnight I was able to watch the whole prog, from start to finish on the LT and I was, well impressed with the whole show, I will try again on Wednesday.

Laptop/HDMI should have been a dawdle.

I assume you are a VST viewer - or did you do PPV? Big difference in how you source the stream. If on the laptop as a VST viewer it’s via the live.rangers.co.uk website and if it’s as a PPV viewer it’s via the RangersTV website. Hopefully you tried on the correct one for your circumstances.

James Bisgrove the main do-er as above; but I think having Douglas Park and his business experience to hand will also help enormously.

The silk brows

the silk browser will the App make a difference?
Thanks, no I don't think so. I have a feeling it's more to do with the TV. I've only noticed it since I got a new Samsung TV. It could be an effect I need to switch off like auto motion. Seemingly it can also be the frames per second streaming compared to the TV setting.
I try playing around with it and let you know if I get any joy.

Thanks, no I don't think so. I have a feeling it's more to do with the TV. I've only noticed it since I got a new Samsung TV. It could be an effect I need to switch off like auto motion. Seemingly it can also be the frames per second streaming compared to the TV setting.
I try playing around with it and let you know if I get any joy.

To be honest with you most of the fancy motion effects in a tv are worthless and best switched off. I’d try with any motion sensing turned off tbh and if that doesn’t work then there will generally be a Sports setting or something similar try.

To be honest with you most of the fancy motion effects in a tv are worthless and best switched off. I’d try with any motion sensing turned off tbh and if that doesn’t work then there will generally be a Sports setting or something similar try.

You're right, apart from one thing - where you say "most" replace it with "all" :)

The only one worth using is a dedicated Game mode, as it reduces input lag. For watching TV/movies, turn them all off and get the screen properly calibrated.

Last edited:
Was there not a small studio in the Govan West Corner previously?

Got converted to a sensory/ chill-out room for kids on the autistic spectrum a couple of years ago.

The wee portable studio for mainstream TV is still set up at Copland/ EE corner - reckon it will go to that depending on social distancing regulations. Might even use the Ibrox Suite while we are still behind closed doors

Regarding Rtv and the new website what an absolute upgrade.
Loved the game yesterday with that commentary and also the website is class and modern.
The new signage around the stadium also is class.
Who is it that deals with all that as they deserve a pay rise lol

feel bad but I used to hate watching the game on RTV , now I’m looking forward to the game now, even pre game was class, good pundits and speak a lot of sense.
Few wee snags tonight with the cameras and pundits facing the wrong way but generally I’ve been really impressed by it. Would be keen to have it expanded beyond the 30min ore kick off format with some more pre-recorded interviews etc.

Really good set up and it’s a professional look. After the sky deal expires I wouldn’t be surprised to see more teams advocate a subscription only ‘football Netflix’ type set up where fans can just watch their own team home and away. There were a few chairman in the championship talking about that a while back.

Set up an account, bought tonight's game and had no problems at all. 15 minutes tops from start to finish. Really enjoyed the show, decent comentry and pundits. Ill be doing it again.

Back