Who’s your junior team

Don’t think so mate. I grew up in Barlanark & my grandad worked in the bottle work so went to see them with him as a kid.

The bottleworks were closed a year before I was born but the spare ground with all the glass was there for many, many years, I may or may not have waited on the other side of the wall from the ground and ran away with a ball when it came over from someone missing a shot :D

Despite the username my mums family were all from Barrhead and me my dad and my grandad used to go and watch Arthurlie together when I was a younger (and a few years after my grandad passed away) have kept an eye on their results ever since

East Kilbride Thistle. My auld man never bothered much with football but had leanings towards the Tims. My Uncles would take me to Ibrox from time to time growing up but most of my younger year from the age of about 7 or 8 until 15 or so were spent going to pretty much every EK Thistle game home and away. I only get to the off game now but the auld man still goes to every game.

Sauchie for me. Well run club who have punched well above their weight the past 10 years or so.

No ones said St Roch's yet!!!!
Apart from them and the Ants are there any other junior teams that are mini St Pat's?

Local team is Johnstone burgh, but I look out for beith results as used do there lotto through guy in work who was on the committee

Troon fc i go to virtually every home game unless Rangers are playing at Ibrox and the new Troon pie (chicken with haggis) it's amazing.

Hope he scores v lochee next week. Would like four west super league teams in the semis - as long as one is Talbot :)
I am feeling a good bit guid the noo, what a dilemma Newlandsfield or Portland

Last edited:
Talbot for me

Among the folks I stand with it’s split

Me gers, my wife who doesn’t really bother but would probably say killie, her pal - a Tim who loves winding folk up but you know she’d pick “them” over any other senior team, pals wife, gets, older pal, gers, one Everton fan, one Liverpool fan, three who prefer killie, two ex ceptic season ticket holders and a guy who supports Talbot and only Talbot.

I am feeling a good bit the noo, what a dilemma Newlandsfield or Portland

Got to be Portland park. Should be a cracker of a game

Pals went to the craigmark v lochee game. Said it was quite even until the mark had a guy sent off. Who then, apparently, told the ref he was going to kill him :(

Got to be Portland park. Should be a cracker of a game

Pals went to the craigmark v lochee game. Said it was quite even until the mark had a guy sent off. Who then, apparently, told the ref he was going to kill him :(
Portland it is then but he will be on bench wee cegunt was at a stag party in Tenerife 2 weeks ago. Didnae realise McColl got sent off lol at Dalmellington

Pollok for me. I usually go to about half a dozen home games a year when it doesn't clash with a Gers match.

Dulwich Hamlet.

They get crowds bigger than some SPFL sides can muster.

Proper old school football - drinking beer on the terracing on Saturday afternoons, 3 o’clock kick offs.

Pucka, as the locals say!

Back