Who do you think the were the subs Beale was critical off after the game

No manager should be making subs to "keep players satisfied". Subs should only be made for the good of the team.

Also a bit concerned that he will not make a decision on the goalkeeping situation and stick with it.

We had this under Gerrard/Beale continual rotation focused on individual player minutes.

When you have a good individual performance as part of a good team performance you carry that in to your next game. What we resting them for ? Partick Thistle next week ?

Today almost anyone could have been taken off such was the poor standard, but flinging on players particularly in the 83rd minute when the crowd were already getting restless smacked of change for change sake.

We done it against Celtic on 85 mins then conceded 2 minutes later on 87.

Kamara needs to look himself in the mirror as looked like he couldn’t be arsed today. Was hopeful he would be revitalised under Beale, however today he reverted to his attitude under Gio.
Beale said at his presser that Kamara and Raskin are very similar players and it would be a real fight for the jersey. Kamara can either accept that challenge, or take the attitude that Raskin wasn't brought in to warm the bench, so feck it. Beale maybe said what he said deliberately to guage the reaction.

Wright makes some terrible decisions when trying to see out a game. As others have said, Colak was very poor when he came on today. Beale had to protect Alfie though as the ref would have taken any opportunity to show him another yellow.

Sakala doesn't seem like he'll be one you can trust on a yellow not to do something stupid a second time. Wright was probably a more obvious like for like, but Kamara going into shore things up in midfield made sense to me with Tillman and Cantwell capable of going wide right.

Eh, Morelos anyone?

It was a batshit crazy decision to sub him off for Kamara. At least bring on Colak, Hagi or Wright.

Wright, Colak and Kamara were all very poor today. The first two have limitations no doubt, but the latter is much more capable of what he's shown the vast majority of this season.

There's different reasons all three might possibly be better off moving on in the summer if they want to play any sort of regular football.

No manager should be making subs to "keep players satisfied". Subs should only be made for the good of the team.

Also a bit concerned that he will not make a decision on the goalkeeping situation and stick with it.

He has a big squad, so he has to keep them happy some way, I think he knows he went about it wrongly today tbf, also he needs to get players minutes and ticking over, eg something happens to Morelos, Colak has practically no time so we waste time getting him up to speed.

Personally he should be thinking that thistle is coming up and thats the time to start the likes of colak. In this case Morelos was probably subbed due to the booking, if he had got another wed all be mad at beale for not doing it.

You mean when the players had downed tools under Gio and nobody was getting pass marks?

Yet by Beale & Colak's comments recently, Colak was a player they'd been monitoring for years, even before Malmo.
I might end up completely wrong but I don’t see him starting many games under Beale this season and I reckon we will have a new first choice striker next season that will also be ahead of him.

Good finisher but an absolute man down when his goals dry up.

Kamara was half arsed

Colak was brutal

Scott Wright was as ineffectual and pointless as he always is.

I’d rather Kent over Wright if Kent had been running nonstop for 6 hours.
Colak will probably start against thistle as he didn't look match fit ?
Wright probably as well

Colak looked like he hasn't played for ages......oh wait!
:rolleyes:
You can't expect him to come on after months out and within 10 mins be playing like Lewandowski ffs!
I don't think he was the one "playing for himself and not the team" he was just way off the pace and clearly not match fit.
I suspect Beale was referring to Kamara but can't be sure.
Exactly what I thought
needs more game time hopefully v thistle in cup

Colak hasn’t looked anything like the player we seen early in the season.
Let's get the guy fit before judging him too harshly. You can tell the guy is nowhere near match fit yet. Barring no more injuries and a few games under his belt, I'm convinced he'll start hitting the back of the net again.

It’s been said a good few times already but Colak has no future at the club purely because he doesn’t fit into the way MB will want to play

Despite Beale repeatedly saying they (Gerrard and his team) were scouting Colak for a long time and saying he can't wait to work with him?
Beale talks a lot, he’s also said we have the best goal keeper in Scotland. Colak does not fit the way Beale wants to play, if Stevie Wonder has watched us and disagrees, fair enough!

Kamara needs to look himself in the mirror as looked like he couldn’t be arsed today. Was hopeful he would be revitalised under Beale, however today he reverted to his attitude under Gio.
Ok , he was good against Hearts.
Imo , we should sell him in the summer and extend Jacks contract by 2 years.

You do know he currently has an injury which requires surgery but continues to make himself available?

It would be very easy for him not to play at the moment if his heart isn't in it but clearly he cares and is willing to play through injury. He was certainly outstanding midweek and has been a regular starter under Beale.

Picked up a bit of the post-match presser and Beale says he has to maybe look at himself for making changes in 2nd half to keep players sattisfied (or a word to that effect), then went onto say some of the subs that came on played for themselves and not for the team. Who do you think he was getting at?
110% aimed at Kamara. He was useless today.

I think Sakala should have stayed on and there was no need for Kamara another defensive midfielder.
We should have gone more attacking.

This is no slight at Beale as he's excelled since coming in.
There is a slight on Beale here. He clearly knows he fecked up

You do know he currently has an injury which requires surgery but continues to make himself available?

It would be very easy for him not to play at the moment if his heart isn't in it but clearly he cares and is willing to play through injury. He was certainly outstanding midweek and has been a regular starter under Beale.
If this is true then perhaps it would be better if he got the surgery required rather than produce shite most of the time with the odd good performance in there ??

I don’t get the hatred for Scott Wright. Ineffective as usual - he came on with 8 minutes to go!

Against Aberdeen in the LC semi final he came on and basically won the game with a superb piece of wing-play.

Short memories on here.

Kamara is like Jekyll and Hyde. Can be one of our very best players when he tries and is on form. Can also be totally disintrested.

Sign Jack for another 2 years and you are almost guaranteed that at least 1/3 of that will be spent on the treatment table.
He s been fine recently, stay away from playing for Scotland as well.
I would have agreed with you, but arfield and kamara need to go imo.
Keep some expierence and Rangers fan about.

I think MB thought wed steam roll them after Wednesdays great performamce,

He took his eye off the ball a little with those subs

For me first lundstrum for Tillman, yes it worked but at the time made no sense, defensive player for an attacking player.

They he takes an attacking player off to put a defensive on.

I’m not going to lie wasn’t a big fan of bringing Beale in but how wrong was I ?

Since he’s came in I’d say we have only turned up once for full performance (hearts away) but I have that feeling again like 55 that no matter what we will get a result.

We would be absolutely stupid not to give Morelos a new contract never mind Kent.

We would have dropped numerous points the last month or two if gio was in charge.

We had this under Gerrard/Beale continual rotation focused on individual player minutes.

When you have a good individual performance as part of a good team performance you carry that in to your next game. What we resting them for ? Partick Thistle next week

I think a lot of this is also down to sports science. They'll be analysing and determining who needs minimum minutes to keep ticking over and what's the most someone can get without increasing their risk of injury.

I agree, at times you can see it ruins our momentum. But I there's method behind it.

Picked up a bit of the post-match presser and Beale says he has to maybe look at himself for making changes in 2nd half to keep players sattisfied (or a word to that effect), then went onto say some of the subs that came on played for themselves and not for the team. Who do you think he was getting at?

He didn't say that. He said one or two came on and I wouldn't say they played for themselves but they weren't in tune with the rest of the team and those decisions are on me.

I don't think it did work in general yet it was Tillman that got the opener

All out attack left us out of shape, and there was so much rotation it was hard to tell who was playing where. It was summed up in the first half when Alfie got the ball in the right looked up and there was no one in the box so he had to cross it to barisic
Shortly after we reverted to 2x defensive mids screening the back four, they collided under a high ball.

Kamara and wright were pretty average. Some ok, some not quite ok.
Raskin looked assured.
Čolak was absolutely abysmal again.

Under Beale, Čolak is looking worse than Alfie did under GvB. He's falling over the ball regularly, not getting into the right positions, and just entirely ineffectual. We know if he does get in the right positions he'll more than likely score, but when the system needs the 9 to be a strong player out of the box, then his time would appear to be limited.

He’s played 60 minutes since the second week in November

God knows how long Morelos has been afforded to start putting in acceptable performances again
Morelos has not been "afforded" any time to put in acceptable performances, He has been slaughtered week in and week out (and rightly so) for poor performances. Barely a day passes without a 'should Alfie go' thread being started. Even with his recent improvement in form he has still been slaughtered on here. Do not make stuff up. Alfie has not been afforded time.
Colak clearly needs game time to get up to speed. It is also very clear that he is an excellent finisher and the reason that such an excellent finisher plays with us and is not playing in a bigger league is that the rest of his game is weak. His lack of pace, movement, physicality, link play etc etc means he is a liability if not scoring.
I thought that just before his injury he was doing more work off the ball; more running the channels and was improving his link up play. BUT I just do not see him as the answer in the long term.

I don't think it did work in general yet it was Tillman that got the opener

All out attack left us out of shape, and there was so much rotation it was hard to tell who was playing where. It was summed up in the first half when Alfie got the ball in the right looked up and there was no one in the box so he had to cross it to barisic
We should have been two-nil up (an alfie missed header) at half-time against a team playing, for the most part, with 11 men behind the ball and, at times, in their own penalty box.

We scored twice and only a goalie blunder gave them a goal.

I thought it worked OK and just needs a bit more composure in the final ball and finishing. We didn't flood the box as much as I'd hoped, and there were a lot of quality balls into the box that just needed someone coming in at the front or rear post more regularly.

The decision to bring Kamala on was tactically sound enough, it just didn’t work, we expected more after Wednesday’s performance but yet again, he failed to deliver. Consistency and confidence in his own ability is a major issue, the suggestion he is the gaffers mate and that affectshis decision making is ridiculous.

Colak was terrible.
During his scoring run, I suggested then although he is a born finisher, if the goals dry up, as they do with all strikers, then he has absolutely nothing to offer.

I was concerned he had stopped scoring just before he got injured.
Most disagreed with me but it’s obvious when on form and confident, he is lethal inside the 18 yard box, if he loses that, he is incapable of playing himself into a game and can’t vary his play.

He is very one dimensional and that doesn’t work over the course of a season in the modern game with 1 striker leading the attack.

Allie isn’t a great finisher but he can influence the game and importantly, he can build attacks and can create space for and link up with the attacking midfield players arriving in the box.
Even on current form, Allie will be extremely difficult to replace and Colak moving to No1 choice striker isn’t the answer.

I think Colak will go in the summer but a lot depends on what the gaffer decides to do with Alfie, assuming the decision sits with the club that is.

Kamara for Sakala was as mental a decision as you'll ever see.
Put Kamara in midfield where he was excellent the other night, and move Cantwell or Tillman up 1 into the front 3.

It was hardly ‘mental’. Mental would be bringing Kamara on at centre half. It was a bog standard substitution that we’ve made the same type of dozens of times in the last 4-5 years. Hyperbolic nonsense to call it mental.

Back