• Jermain

Votes: 113 25.7%
  • Jon Mclaughlin

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • Ianis

Votes: 75 17.0%

• Total voters
Voted Glen and Borna

We need to be careful this year about who goes but its inevitable we are going to lose some good players

Reactions: TQ3
It shouldn’t be looked at as losing players. We should be looking to move players on for profit and reinvest in the squad. That’s how to run a football club and keep us dominant. We have the structure in place for that to be successful.

Glen kamara and this absolutely breaks my heart thinking about it but reckon morelos will be away as well

I would have thought that in a time of decent scouting and with some of the high-profile Euro games that we've had, Kamara will be away in the back-end of this summer.

If we are able to keep him for even another year, it genuinely would be like winning a watch, on the player front anyway.

I wonder if our own scouting team have got their eyes on any other Scotland-based midfielder that they could develop along the same lines ?

Alfie, Kamara and Fil unfortunately. 3 of my faves. Also think we might get a big bid in from the blue for Kent. Would be gutted at that.

Morelos, Kamara and Helander . I think we have a big transfer window coming up both in and out. These players will take some replacing.

Morelos and Kamara will go for good fees.

I think we will keep a hold of Barasic.

I don't think Kent would push for a transfer. If he left it would be because we got an offer we couldn't reject.

Goldson is making me worried by not having his contract renewed yet. He might want a shot at the EPL. Hopefully we get a contract extension announcement soon.

I actually think we could afford to lose Kent. Sunday was a perfect example. He scored a fantastic goal. Too few for me ( just my opinion). Sunday he ran ask over the park and goal apart he delivered very little in the front third. This has been his norm of late

He's contributed 20 odd goals and assists combined this season, in all competitions. Can he get better? Absolutely, but selling him would be a massive loss for us. He's vital for our attack and the defensive shift he puts in is unparalleled by any other attacker we currently have.

I'm of the opinion that Alfie and Kamara are both EPL bound.

Most of the interest for Borna has come from Mid to Upper table Serie A sides so far and none of them really splash the cash. I think Borna stays purely because no team will match our valuation of him. Hagi will stay this summer but is a stick on to leave in the following summer imo. Similar thoughts with Aribo.

I think Kent and Goldson will stay but wouldn't be surprised if we got an offer we couldn't refuse for either of them.

I've maintained all along, whoever we sell first will dictate our ability to keep a hold of certain others. If we get a big fee, for say, Morelos early on, then that will allow us to really hold out on offers for the likes of Kamara and Kent. If we qualify for the Champions League that will also boost our ability to keep a hold of certain players.

I don't think we'll see many push for a move this summer but the following summer is the key one for me. I think we'll be reshaping the squad for that in the next two pending windows. Making sure our bases are covered. You don't get a lot of longevity or continuity with the transfer model we are trying to use, so it's about getting yourself set up for losing players. All depends entirely on how the marketplace is post Covid. We may see players leave for less upfront fees but with more structured deals with future clauses etc.

I know that he had just signed a contract extension but with Patterson in the wings, I could see Tav moving on.
If it comes to getting a decent fee, and minimizing impact on the team then it is the most straightforward move to make.

I think the contract extension was as much about securing the highest fee if we do sell, as securing the player.

Goldson is a tricky one... he has been immense, and clearly really enjoys everything about being a senior player at Rangers - he embraces the responsibility. If he wants to play in the EPL and do himself justice then it’s this year or possibly next for that move though.

Barisic and Kamara will move on at some point - I think we need to take care with getting the replacements worked out for those though. With Barisic, Bassey might be the answer depending on the fallout of the Covid party.. we’ve barely seen him kick a ball in a while.
Kamara will be so difficult to replace.

I can see 5 off that list going.

Morelos has to go at some point. He won't spend his while career in the SPFL. He won't sign another contract so will go before it runs down.

Defoe will be away down South again.

Helander, Kamara and Barisic all playing in the Euros and will attract interest.

If they all go that is a huge chunk of money in and would need to be invested wisely

I can see 5 off that list going.

Morelos has to go at some point. He won't spend his while career in the SPFL. He won't sign another contract so will go before it runs down.

Defoe will be away down South again.

Helander, Kamara and Barisic all playing in the Euros and will attract interest.

If they all go that is a huge chunk of money in and would need to be invested wisely
Minimum of £60 million in total of those 5 go .

He's contributed 20 odd goals and assists combined this season, in all competitions. Can he get better? Absolutely, but selling him would be a massive loss for us. He's vital for our attack and the defensive shift he puts in is unparalleled by any other attacker we currently have.
I'd rather keep all but the question was asked so based on your pretty accurate description he is a sellable asset. I think if we lose anyone it will be to maximize profit and buy better. That's why Kamara is one to look at. What is clear is to progress in Europe we need one or two special players

It shouldn’t be looked at as losing players. We should be looking to move players on for profit and reinvest in the squad. That’s how to run a football club and keep us dominant. We have the structure in place for that to be successful.
Not as easy as you put it though.its a false economy as well.
We need to find good players at good prices that add value.
It’s more difficult today than it ever was,
We need to f

I fear a lot going. Barisic, kamara, morelos anyway.

I think the barisic is at the age where we should at this stage. Last chance potentially to cash in.

Kamara we will struggle to keep.

I think it will be Goldson but he isn’t on the list .
I’m with you but if truth be told goldson would only go imo if a top 7 club came in for him and I don’t think we would get crazy enough money for him, him like the others, I think they will all want CL next season so that’s why I’ve not voted for anyone to go, part of me is keeping everything crossed as I feel we can win the league again with the exact same squad, another bit of good scouting we could get another good free one for midfield just to bolster the squad but I like what we’ve got and think it’s strong enough . Don’t get me wrong, if anything over 20 million comes in for one of them the the board will definitely take it.

Given the performance of this season, the Champions League pending and the sterling way Gerrard runs the team I cannot see more than 2 (via transfer) from the list going.

Theres a reasonable chance Defoe will leave if hes not going to play much as itll be his last season and he'll want games. Maybe a coaching role might entice him to stay but what happens with Morelos will likely influence things with his situation.

Morelos will leave. Hes earned it and the club will profit nicely.

Kamara seems to have a lot of action, albeit it the media filler kind, around his name these days but he has been exceptional and his Arsenal pedigree will have a lot of clubs thinking theres always been something special there just untapped until now.

Ultimately Rangers are building not rebuilding so cant see more than that going and rightly so.

I know there is alot of emphasis on celtics rebuild, but I actually think that we could be for some change of our own. For me, both Alfie and Borna will be off, both have been vocal regarding transfers and I can see us cashing in. I can also possibly see both kamara and goldson leaving, if both don't extend deals. Both have been immense and potentially at a peak in terms of transfer fee if they don't extend.

Whilst losing those 4 is huge, the difference we have over the other mob is that we have strength in depth, and IF we happened to lose all 4, we'd have a significant kitty at our disposal to go replace

They all have a price but we also can't sell them all at the same time either. I expect 1 or 2 to go, whoever is pushing for a move and more importantly whoever we get a bid for that we are happy with.

I suspect some of them will be happy to give it another season and a go at the CL with us and hopefully fans back in the stadium.

We have been building towards this point and the business model we have tried to create is now in place. We need to sell to reinvest and it will be a continual process every season. Who goes depends on bids / identified replacements. We are 100% in a good place.

Thought Alfie would have been a goner but now I think he might stay.
Think we could loose borna,glen and big Phil with interest in all and all taken part in euros would be the time to cash in especially if they show up well.

This is such a depressing thread, only just got a team we can trust & love again & to think we may lose 3/4 of the main starter’s is horrible.

Alfredo won’t go IMO. He’s made his name in European games for us. He will want a crack at CL. Does well there and it will open all new doors for him

I've voted Kamara, Barisic and Defoe.

I've got a feeling Morelos might just stay for one more year IF we make the Champions League group stages, but reckon he'd probably be sold later in the window if we didn't qualify.

Kamara will get us the £££££
Maybe wise to sell Borna , given his age .
We would do well to hold onto Alfie and Goldson .

Personally I'd be looking to sell Barisic. Last chance of getting any sort of transfer fee for him.
Came onto say the same, can see Morelos leaving also, possibly with Kamara. Which is worrying as the midfield needs a shake up as it is.

Back