Who do you want in the next round?

This thread has divided posters.

Half the posters are picking who would potentially be our easiest opponents.

The other half are picking places that would be a great trip. :D

Got to be either Arsenal or Man United, both I think we could beat at Ibrox.

As for Ajax, lets avoid them for now, very unfairly put out the UCL!

Man united or arsenal for me. Being realistic we ain’t going to win the full competition due to the quality of teams in it now so I’d rather get a glamour tie just now. Would be magic seeing the bears head down to Manchester again :cool:

Nothing wrong with saving the 'glamour tie' until the last 16 - or beyond.;)

At this stage there are teams in there that we are capable of beating - and several that would hump us. Surely the sensible thing is to forego all the selfish stuff about where would be 'a good trip' and focus on drawing a team that actually gives us the best chance to progress.

LASK, Malmo or Genk would give us a reasonable chance I reckon.

Would absolutely dream to get Man Utd and smoke them, just for all the shit my manc mates down here in England give me all the time :D

Arsenal,A day out on the kings road and hopefully a huge allocation for the traveling bears

Nothing wrong with saving the 'glamour tie' until the last 16 - or beyond.;)

At this stage there are teams in there that we are capable of beating - and several that would hump us. Surely the sensible thing is to forego all the selfish stuff about where would be 'a good trip' and focus on drawing a team that actually gives us the best chance to progress.

LASK, Malmo or Genk would give us a reasonable chance I reckon.
If we focus hard enough, do we guarantee it?

Has to be the most winnable tie. The bigger games will come as we progress. The more money we can generate on this European run the better. It's the only way we're going to improve long term.

Malmo is probably our best bet but won't be push overs.

If we focus hard enough, do we guarantee it?

Only if you put the tinfoil hat on as well.;)

Common sense says we want the Club to progress as deep into the tournament as possible - and not just for the financial rewards - rather than wanting to play one of the top sides simply because its 'a good trip'. Given the choice I'd take the 'easiest' tie in very round - no problem.

Only if you put the tinfoil hat on as well.;)

Common sense says we want the Club to progress as deep into the tournament as possible - and not just for the financial rewards - rather than wanting to play one of the top sides simply because its 'a good trip'. Given the choice I'd take the 'easiest' tie in very round - no problem.
Being honest, I think we have won a watch and anything from here is 100% bonus. The schedule is obviously far slower now that the groups are done, so the impact on the squad should not be nearly as high, making it an absolute no brainer that we should be hoping to go as far as possible. If it started to impede any title challenge, I would want us playing an U15 side, though.

Doesn't make their stadium big
Ok so they moved stadiums. They had been playing in the one Liverpool won the Champions League in.
However the point I make is there will be plenty of tickets for whoever wants to go.
Plus as I said the city is one of the best there is.

I apologise in advance should you find any additional flaws to my post.

Malmö, I want the easiest game. Alfie gets a few more goals and adds a few more million to his price tag. Then I'd like a Man Utd, Alfie stars and adds mil to his price tag.

I don't won't to lose Morelos in the summer but it is almost a foregone conclusion at this point. So I think getting Utd and him bagging a couple would add millions to his price, that could massively help us.

Being honest, I think we have won a watch and anything from here is 100% bonus. The schedule is obviously far slower now that the groups are done, so the impact on the squad should not be nearly as high, making it an absolute no brainer that we should be hoping to go as far as possible. If it started to impede any title challenge, I would want us playing an U15 side, though.

Anything after Legia was a bonus really, especially with the group we got.

If we get Arsenal or Man United will fans travel like a normal Euro match? Would love us to take over Trafalgar Square or something.

Want to avoid Red Bull Salzburg as I can see them beating anybody left in the comp. Probably put a wee sneaky bet on them at 14/1 if we avoid them.

Ok so they moved stadiums. They had been playing in the one Liverpool won the Champions League in.
However the point I make is there will be plenty of tickets for whoever wants to go.
Plus as I said the city is one of the best there is.

I apologise in advance should you find any additional flaws to my post.

I agree, said that further back in this thread. Stayed there for Bursaspor in 2010, had a great time.

What's with the "Big Game" hangers on comments?

Doesn't matter if you go to 1 game or every single one we're still all Bears.

Doesn't make someone any better a fan.

That’s your opinion.

They do my tits in personally. Example, after the game in Vienna I walked into McDonald’s and there was a group of neds being rude as %^*& to the staff and singing about Tommy Robinson. I much prefer the qualifiers or the more obscure places like Moscow, when they aren’t interested going.

That’s your opinion.

They do my tits in personally. Example, after the game in Vienna I walked into McDonald’s and there was a group of neds being rude as %^*& to the staff and singing about Tommy Robinson. I much prefer the qualifiers or the more obscure places like Moscow, when they aren’t interested going.
So what about the fans who are in travel club and have got us banned from away games due to singing etc? Are the big game hangers any worse?

We have a pretty good schedule around the games whoever we get.

15/02 - Livingston (H)
20/02 - Europa League (H)
23/02 - St Johnstone (A)
27/02 - Europa League (A)
01/03 - Scottish Cup QF
04/03 - Hamilton (H)

If the Scottish Cup draw is kind to us, we are laughing.

Man united or arsenal for me. Being realistic we ain’t going to win the full competition due to the quality of teams in it now so I’d rather get a glamour tie just now. Would be magic seeing the bears head down to Manchester again :cool:

Would rather a glamour tie with a warmer venue :)

That’s your opinion.

It's not my opinion it's a fact.

No one person is anymore of a Rangers fan that goes to games as opposed to one who doesn't. Its nonsense suggesting otherwise.

Agreed re the Moon Howler element though in our support.

The glamour ties would be Arsenal Ajax United inter

Possible chance of going through Malmo LASK

Manchester was shite the last time. Bus to Wigan. Bus to ground. Pish. I hope we avoid them.
Been thinking today about the 2 trips we've had to OT.Where did they take us in 03.Know it was Wigan's ground 2nd time round but can't for the life of me remember where we went 1st time round.

Back