Who else had Ulster tv growing up?

Growing up in Fife on the coast, we got a local tv man to install Border and North of England BBC aerials. Picture was a bit ropey at times but you could live with it.

Growing up with me supporting Liverpool and my old man Man Utd, it was great.

Living in the Borders we used to get Shoot on a Sunday from the North East which showed Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough & Carlisle who were in the old 1st division at the time I’m sure. Sunderland were at Roker and Middlesbrough at Ayresome Park in those days.

That was the only English league game that was shown throughout Scotland at that time

STV never showed any live games from England other that one but I think Grampian did show some?
Of course those that received Border TV in the South of Scotland got every English game

Liverpool 0 Arsenal 2 was on stv on a Friday night.
Oh how I danced and sang after the final whistle.:))

Used to go down to large every Sunday for english games. Always had a designated driver. Earlier poster was correct about pubs shutting at 2:30,but games were shown in hotel at the front

We used to drive down to Girvan on FA Cup final day to watch it if Rangers weren't in the Scottish final.
In the 60s we couldn’t get STV in the south end of Girvan. Ulster TV was brilliant for English football with the Big Match on a Sunday afternoon. There were very few games shown live in those days, but the FA Cup Final and the Scotland v England games were particular highlights.

I seem to remember it was to get you an extre channel and you could get the English first division games on it.
We used to get STV Grampian and if we got my wee brother to stand on a chair on top of the kitchen table holding the areal up we got Borders which was handy for football.

If the tide was in my brother got the day off as we got a perfect picture.

I seem to remember it was to get you an extre channel and you could get the English first division games on it.
Yes lived in Wee village near Solway firth and we had Ulster from an aerial when it was friendly ! But could never guarantee a picture - then we got what was called piped TV probably a prelude to cable and we then got BBC Scotland and Border ITV - we never got Scotsport but got English football on Sunday afternoon

My papa had it in Saltcoats through the relay. Remember watching the Leeds first leg game out there.
The Harris of Saltcoats relay cable service was one of the first to have sky tv way before folk had dishes. Most houses in largs had the relay as the aerial signal was so weak. All you needed was a converter box.

I didn't have it but my uncle would tape the big game on a Sunday and send me it.only chance you really had back then to see the likes of Liverpool and Spurs on telly unless it was a cup final
Exactly ythe same for me, uncle in London sent me the games ups, mad when you think about the saturation of football nowadays

Got it in kilwinning. Ulster news every night at 6. Some great finals Man U v Liverpool milk cup, Man Utd v Everton fa cup final (whiteside). Also Liverpool 0 Arsenal 2 clincher in the league.

Remember having to go down to my sisters in Kilwinning to watch Leeds v Rangers.

Growing up in the 80's in the Border TV region meant we got a live game every Sunday. Was pretty much nearly always either the big two of Liverpool or Everton from what I remember. Oh how times have changed!

Downside was Scotsport was a bit of a lottery. Sometimes they showed it, sometimes they didn't.

Most memorably, whilst all of Scotland were watching Scotland v Switzerland at Euro96, we were watching England v Holland. Great game though!

Back