Who else thought Haji was going to be subbed and then he scored?

The Goal Machine

I thought the game was running away from him and thought Gerrard would substitute him.

Thank god Gerrard never heard me.

He lacks physicality but the lad is a matchwinner.

Just give him the ball in the final third and wait for the magic.

He turned the game and the crowd did the rest.

Two goals , one with the left foot and another with the right, incredible.

One of Ibrox's great nights and I was not there.

But I jumped off the couch, you bet I did.

Like most of the team he had a couple of awkward moments in the first half. But I thought it was more to do with some of the passes getting put to him. Saw glimpses in first half that he was one of our better players.

Thought he was our most consistent player the whole game. I would have been very suprised if he got hooked.

I have to say that I was convinced it was going to be one of Kent or Hagi. Seemed fairly obvious. Like Stevie G I had decided to leave Hagi on. I didn’t think he had been particularly effective to that point but what he had done offered more than Kent. Hagi’s first goal was inch perfect, he wasn’t scoring if he’d put it anywhere else the way their ‘keeper was playing.

Hagi is one of those exceptional players who may try things that don’t come off
But then he does something incredible like he did tonight and against Hibs that very few players can do
He can and will be a sensational player for us

I have to say that I was convinced it was going to be one of Kent or Hagi. Seemed fairly obvious. Like Stevie G I had decided to leave Hagi on. I didn’t think he had been particularly effective to that point but what he had done offered more than Kent. Hagi’s first goal was inch perfect, he wasn’t scoring if he’d put it anywhere else the way their ‘keeper was playing.
Totally disagree. I said on the match thread Kent and Kamara should be hooked at the half. Hagi was the only one, In my opinion, able to string a couple of passes together first half. Kent, Kamara, Tavernier, Davis etc were fkin rotten. I don’t think we should be rewriting history because of the result. The boy was the only one getting pass marks from me first half.

Too much negativity, let's rejoice in the positives of which there were many.
One of the best comebacks inner history doesn't deserve scrutiny of the first half.
Braga are an exceptional team, they were well on top in the first half and we managed to overcome that.
Let's rejoice bears and focus on how good we can be.

I thought he had a great game and was one of our only creative forces throughout, first twenty minutes or so he looked a bit lightweight but he's still young and even at that he was putting good balls about but he was putting himself about in an effective manner, winning the ball and driving us on as the game went on. He's a tremendous player, very gifted.

Braga are a top quality side currently and the team deserve huge credit, they should all be proud of themselves. I hope this is the start of a run of domestic wins that stretches to the end of the season, it should give the players confidence back.

It was in my thoughts.

I did think Kent was poor again along with Kamara. Maybe the amount of games are catching up with them.

Created more than anyone else before his goal so if he was subbed questions would have been asked of the manager but he wasn’t so full credit to him and the manager. Serious talent to be so youmg and contribute like that on this stage. Sign him up now. Yes he will be frustrating at times but he is going to be very important to us.

Thought he was our most consistent player the whole game. I would have been very suprised if he got hooked.

Agreed, he always looked like he could exploit the high line they were playing.

Kent and Kamara were the players having nightmares.

I thought the game was running away from him and thought Gerrard would substitute him.

Me! Greeting to take him and Arfield off. What do I know. Well played SG!

That’s twice I’ve made a dick of myself wanted him subbed in Hibs game then again tonight we’ll done son

Although Kamara was having a stinker I thought he may have be sacrificed to shore up the midfield with Aribo coming on...what do I know.

Sounds weird but he should have been subbed but I’m glad he wasn’t and I’m more glad my opinion means F-all - that wasn’t a brilliant performance but one of my favourite games since 9iar.

He was our best player last night, even when we were getting hammered.

Kent and Kamara were atrocious and were the obvious ones to take off.

Totally disagree. I said on the match thread Kent and Kamara should be hooked at the half. Hagi was the only one, In my opinion, able to string a couple of passes together first half. Kent, Kamara, Tavernier, Davis etc were fkin rotten. I don’t think we should be rewriting history because of the result. The boy was the only one getting pass marks from me first half.

We’d already replaced Kamara with Aribo by the time Kamberi was coming on. Regardless of how anyone was playing - and it’s fine if we disagree on Hagi’s contribution to that point, since most of the team had been poor - it was going to be one of Kent, Morelos or Hagi to come off. It wasn’t going to be Morelos given the scoreline so the choice was one of the two. In my eyes Hagi had been less poor than Kent - and the choice of wording is deliberate, so he got to stay on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GF7
I was expecting Kent subbed tbh. Yet again not enough from him for me. Hagi has came in and done what Kent was bought to do.

Guy behind me at the game said when the board went up. it must be Hagi, he’s done nothing all game.
I said, he’s not been great but no one has but he’s got it in him to produce that moment of magic he must stay on.;):cool::cool::cool::cool:

His name is 4 letters FFS. Hagi isn't a hard name to spell, given it is one of the most famous surnames in European football in the last 30 years!
It would feel like Follow Follow if there wasn’t a misspelled name in the thread title though

We’d already replaced Kamara with Aribo by the time Kamberi was coming on. Regardless of how anyone was playing - and it’s fine if we disagree on Hagi’s contribution to that point, since most of the team had been poor - it was going to be one of Kent, Morelos or Hagi to come off. It wasn’t going to be Morelos given the scoreline so the choice was one of the two. In my eyes Hagi had been less poor than Kent - and the choice of wording is deliberate, so he got to stay on.
Hagi set Morelos up for three sitters, which he missed. You were watching a different game from me. Again: the boy was the only one on the park creating anything first half. Why would he be subbed?

I also thought Kent or Kamara as they contributed least. I would also like to know the distance Arfield ran last night as he seemed to be non stop all night.

Thought he was poor first 30 mins and boy did he grow into the game after that. I was 1 for shouting at the tv to get him pulled but boy did he prove me wrong. Take a bow son turned what I thought was a poor start into an incredible performance

My mate said this and I thought he was off his head. Kamara was awful and to have taken off Hagi instead of him would have been madness.

He was the only player on the park creating anything in the first half and he set Morelos up with some beautiful passes that Morelos really should have done better with. Kent was way off it though, don't know what's up with him recently.

Hagi set Morelos up for three sitters, which he missed. You were watching a different game from me. Again: the boy was the only one on the park creating anything first half. Why would he be subbed?

Whatever mate, pointless discussion given how events unfolded. As far as I’m concerned he was as shite as anyone else in that first half. Bar maybe Kamara who, unfortunately for him, was having a nightmare. I’m not gonna sugarcoat that first 45 on the basis of the good 15-20 minutes we had.

You should never sub a potential match winner who has skill.

Whatever mate, pointless discussion given how events unfolded. As far as I’m concerned he was as shite as anyone else in that first half. Bar maybe Kamara who, unfortunately for him, was having a nightmare. I’m not gonna sugarcoat that first 45 on the basis of the good 15-20 minutes we had.
Totally agree mate. Said it on another thread about so and so was brilliant etc that we shouldn’t be rewriting history. This place would have been in meltdown and every one from SG on down would have been getting it...but. Fkin lovely!

I thought he was going to be subbed. Looking at the highlights, he was creating in the 1st 45, but I thought at the match he was out his depth. Big improvement in 2nd half. That's why I'm on here and SG is our manager.

Hagi is the type of player we’ve been screaming out for. Not afraid to try something different to get us back into/win a match. Also can we just all agree he will be the penalty/close range free kick taker

I thought he was the one standout.

My thoughts were deffo Kamara then Kent. Aribo n Stewart on. Then the game plan changes. Probably the best 15 minutes of watching Rangers an I'm 60.

Back