Who else wants to admit it?

I could be wrong and I've missed a thread on the subject.

But me apart, who else is hoping Kris Boyd and even Ally McCoist will point out the cheating performance of Clancy last week at Ibrox and the subsequent farce that is the Compliance Officer?

Because we have all come to realise that shamefully the club won't.

You are living in fantasy land if you think theres the slightest chance Boyd, McCoist or any other pundit will jeopardise their cushy TV gig by accusing, or even hinting at, a referee of cheating.

Theres no point in us speaking out. Gerrard criticised 1 ref and got a touchline ban for it. His first game here he mentioned a decision and was laughed at by the media for being paranoid. He mentioned the double standards of Clancy after the tackle of Morelos and the reaction was to shut up and get on with it, thats basically a direct quote from Sportscene.

This happened the last time we publicly criticised a ref -

It just shows how corrupt and biased the refs and league here are.

We would all love the board/management to be doing what you propose.

Deep down, I think you know we are not though.

This keeping the stiff upper lip and turning the other cheek simply cannot go on.

It is almost an absolute certainty that by the end of the game on Sunday this website will be choc-a-bloc with posts citing another outrageous refereeing performance.
Oh it can and most likely will go on as long as the same disinterested bunch are in charge.
As you say the next feck up is waiting round the corner most likely Sunday with that other card happy prick Robertson.

Just wait until a game changing decision goes our way that is not 100 % accurate. The ref will be crucified and the decision dissected for days afterwards in the tabloids.
Really, you see the remotest possibility of that ever happening...not the ref bring crucified, the decision going our way? :))

Broadfoot assaults Jack

Jack gets booked

No action against Broadfoot

8 minutes later

- after 4th official enters field of play to convince the referee to upgrade yellow to red -

Ref dismisses Jack for being assaulted.

Should’ve been a watershed moment.

What the fućk are Rangers afraid of
And it's not even close to the worst officiating we've seen.

We should have ended that bastard Thomson when he changed his mind on the Jelavic penalty in the cup final against the filth.

And still some think referees don't cheat.

We did.
Ryan Jack was banned after an appeal.

It's not just the ref in this case but also the 3 man panel.
What did 4 of them see from Jack on May that was worse than the tackle on Alfie?

timing ....... alfie incident happens within 2 yds of where both players initially go after the ball , in the jack/may incident the ball is 5/6 yards away so Jack has more time so appears to be more calculated in his actions......

Kevin Thomson said in commentary a valid point and that he belives only the player actually knows the intent

And it's not even close to the worst officiating we've seen.

We should have ended that bastard Thomson when he changed his mind on the Jelavic penalty in the cup final against the filth.

And still some think referees don't cheat.
or the scandalous decision to give that shower a penalty near the end of the game in 2011 where it could have given them the league (thankfully mcgregor shoved that right up samaras"s arse) atruly disgraceful decision against steve davis that afternoon we really ought to have gone to town on the c@nt

Broadfoot assaults Jack

Jack gets booked

No action against Broadfoot

8 minutes later

- after 4th official enters field of play to convince the referee to upgrade yellow to red -

Ref dismisses Jack for being assaulted.

Should’ve been a watershed moment.

What the fućk are Rangers afraid of
Gerrard called the officials out at the start of his management tenure. He was roundly condemned by the mhedia for doing so.. He has since elected to adopt the old dignified silence stance.

Good morning all.

Regards the OP? It must be the first time we've had some form of brain to digits Tourette's come brain freeze on here. Well, in my case, maybe not.

I actually had the weasel's face in my mind as I was typing. But there you go.

However, it is slightly worrying that there was a good many on here chose to zero in on that gaffe, and it was a lulu of WT actual F proportions and no mistake, rather than address the main issue, which is, that when it comes to defending the club, by and large the board/management are still sadly lacking.

In fact to me, it seems for all the good they have done us in multiple other areas (and yes, I'll say it for the nth time, they saved our club from oblivion) it is no different to the approach favoured by Murray and Renfield.

As for compiling Dossiers? if the board had any kind of street smarts, or were capable of simply doing their job regards what is unfolding on the park, not just in games involving us, but elsewhere, the tome, even in the last two years would make War and Peace look like an anorexic Novella.

As for me thinking McCoist and Boyd would be prepared to give up their cushy media numbers? I never said that and please feel free to point out where I did.

What I said, and will repeat.

What we are now reduced to as a support is hoping that the likes of Kris Boyd, who has been something of a revelation this last month or so, and even Ally McCoist, who for instance has not been slow to point out the reason for the timing of the first OF game (as at this point in time) and the reasons behind it, because the board simply won't.

The bottom line is, there are still far too many, not only on message boards, but the support as a whole, have this inbred forelock tugging approach towards the people running the club. A support who simply won't hear a bad word against them.

For me, in many aspects of the day to day running of the club nothing has changed since the Murray era. But hey, just keep clinging to me absurdly writing McCurry instead of Clancy. That negates the real issue here.

Good morning all.

Regards the OP? It must be the first time we've had some form of brain to digits Tourette's come brain freeze on here. Well, in my case, maybe not.

I actually had the weasel's face in my mind as I was typing. But there you go.

However, it is slightly worrying that there was a good many on here chose to zero in on that gaffe, and it was a lulu of WT actual F proportions and no mistake, rather than address the main issue, which is, that when it comes to defending the club, by and large the board/management are still sadly lacking.

In fact to me, it seems for all the good they have done us in multiple other areas (and yes, I'll say it for the nth time, they saved our club from oblivion) it is no different to the approach favoured by Murray and Renfield.

As for compiling Dossiers? if the board had any kind of street smarts, or were capable of simply doing their job regards what is unfolding on the park, not just in games involving us, but elsewhere, the tome, even in the last two years would make War and Peace look like an anorexic Novella.

As for me thinking McCoist and Boyd would be prepared to give up their cushy media numbers? I never said that and please feel free to point out where I did.

What I said, and will repeat.

What we are now reduced to as a support is hoping that the likes of Kris Boyd, who has been something of a revelation this last month or so, and even Ally McCoist, who for instance has not been slow to point out the reason for the timing of the first OF game (as at this point in time) and the reasons behind it, because the board simply won't.

The bottom line is, there are still far too many, not only on message boards, but the support as a whole, have this inbred forelock tugging approach towards the people running the club. A support who simply won't hear a bad word against them.

For me, in many aspects of the day to day running of the club nothing has changed since the Murray era. But hey, just keep clinging to me absurdly writing McCurry instead of Clancy. That negates the real issue here.
Morning,

You simply chose the wrong time to highlight a pertinent and ongoing issue.

We won during the week and in that scenario 90% of the punters on here will accept no criticism of anything Rangers related.

It's just the way it is and it will come back and chew our collective arses before the sun has set on this season.

Morning,

You simply chose the wrong time to highlight a pertinent and ongoing issue.

We won during the week and in that scenario 90% of the punters on here will accept no criticism of anything Rangers related.

It's just the way it is and it will come back and chew our collective arses before the sun has set on this season.

Morning to you too squire.

We could also meander into a couple of cast iron reasons, why we should not be granting Sky Sports any interviews with our players and management.

Those two stand out reasons being the outrageous hypocrisy displayed by Andy Walker and Dermot Gallagher in this calendar year.

Walker after the cheering up of 1 - Kris Boyd around February and then the about face with Stevie Clarke, a few days later. Given the time devoted to the one sided nature of the sectarian debate that was an open goal if ever there was one.

And - 2- Gallagher last week. One view of a Ryan Jack tackle at Pittodrie the other season and the tackle on Alfie last Saturday.

Again, another striking example of double standards because it is Rangers and once again we get a pocketful of nothing from the board.

But that is another issue.

Morning to you too squire.

We could also meander into a couple of cast iron reasons, why we should not be granting Sky Sports any interviews with our players and management.

Those two stand out reasons being the outrageous hypocrisy displayed by Andy Walker and Dermot Gallagher in this calendar year.

Walker after the cheering up of 1 - Kris Boyd around February and then the about face with Stevie Clarke, a few days later. Given the time devoted to the one sided nature of the sectarian debate that was an open goal if ever there was one.

And - 2- Gallagher last week. One view of a Ryan Jack tackle at Pittodrie the other season and the tackle on Alfie last Saturday.

Again, another striking example of double standards because it is Rangers and once again we get a pocketful of nothing from the board.

But that is another issue.
Indeed.
I highlighted the Walker double standards at the time. It was the openest of goals,but Peter Van Vossen must've been chairman of the board at the time!
It's a situation that has long since passed the point of no return as far as those running the club are concerned. They are simply not interested.

Anyway, I'm off to dip my volunteers in my egg and take a break from the Madhoose!

timing ....... alfie incident happens within 2 yds of where both players initially go after the ball , in the jack/may incident the ball is 5/6 yards away so Jack has more time so appears to be more calculated in his actions......

Kevin Thomson said in commentary a valid point and that he belives only the player actually knows the intent
It's reckless and endangers an opponent, that is what is in the rule.
There is no allowance for time.

The issue I have with this board is a more general one. They’ve had five and a half years now to start having some kind of effect on the Yahoos’ control of the Scottish game.

For me that’s always meant operating at a level above and probably less visible to what we see played out in the media.

Cultivating stronger relationships with those who own those media outlets, who govern the Scottish game and who help shape decisions in Holyrood or even Westminster is probably the only way we’re going to affect significant change.

I appreciate that was always going to take time especially when considering the stranglehold Lawwell and his lackeys have on it, but I did expect that over half a decade down the line there would have been some visible signs of progress by now.

Willie Young was a fud too.

Cheated then nothing said.

Cheated now not enough said.

Fucking call clsncy out Rangers
Willie Young was awful. He red-carded Amoruso at Pittodrie in only his second game for us when we had a free-kick on the edge of the penalty box and was preventing Ammo from taking it. He took the needle when Ammo told him to get out of the way. We lost 1-0 that day, a blow to our 10-in-a-row bid. A few weeks later he refereed the Cup Final v Hearts. In the first minute he gave Hearts a penalty kick for a foul two yards outside the box. In the last minute he gave us a free-kick right on the 18-yard line when McCoist was tripped by Davie Weir inside the box.

We would all love the board/management to be doing what you propose.

Deep down, I think you know we are not though.

This keeping the stiff upper lip and turning the other cheek simply cannot go on.

It is almost an absolute certainty that by the end of the game on Sunday this website will be choc-a-bloc with posts citing another outrageous refereeing performance.
The referees in Scotland are poor, poorer than ever but they are all we have and will still be reffing us next week regardless of the amount of howling about them we do. Celtic caused a referee strike by complaining but ultimately celtic weren't good enough to win consistently. This has been our problem in recent years, not referees. If the fans or the managerial staff look to referees as being the reason we can't win then they're negligent as the real reason ultimately is the 11 on the park can't get the result. Look at why we can't score or defend and you get the reason we drop points. Howling about a referee? It's hardly the first time a loser has done that.

The referees in Scotland are poor, poorer than ever but they are all we have and will still be reffing us next week regardless of the amount of howling about them we do. Celtic caused a referee strike by complaining but ultimately celtic weren't good enough to win consistently. This has been our problem in recent years, not referees. If the fans or the managerial staff look to referees as being the reason we can't win then they're negligent as the real reason ultimately is the 11 on the park can't get the result. Look at why we can't score or defend and you get the reason we drop points. Howling about a referee? It's hardly the first time a loser has done that.
Not this pish again.

Look at the examples right through the thread.
Clancy at the piggery.
Clancy last week.
Thomson LCF v the beggars.
Thomson LCF v St Mirren.
Thomson at Ibrox when stokes dived.

In all of these instances we either won the game or in the case of the mentally challenged game at Ibrox, still won the title.

Not this pish again.

Clancy at the piggery.
Clancy last week.
Thomson LCF v St Mirren.

In all of these instances we either won the game or in the case of the mentally challenged game at Ibrox, still won the title.
So you think we are referred to the same standard as the other sides?

So you think we are referred to the same standard as the other sides?
No mate I'm replying to a guy who doesn't think we are, and are only complaining because we haven't won.

I'm listing the examples of us winning in spite of horrendous cheating, funnily enough, from 2 refs the filth have never had issue with.

Last edited:
I could be wrong and I've missed a thread on the subject.

But me apart, who else is hoping Kris Boyd and even Ally McCoist will point out the cheating performance of Clancy last week at Ibrox and the subsequent farce that is the Compliance Officer?

Because we have all come to realise that shamefully the club won't.
I think Boyd was angling to it in the co-commentator to the OF game in December. I can’t remember his exact words but it was along the lines of rangers being undone by a refs decision (talking about celtics goal)

Not this pish again.

Clancy at the piggery.
Clancy last week.
Thomson LCF v St Mirren.

Complaining about the referees isn't going to change the standards of refereeing mate, it's all we have. If we got rid of the grade one refs and promote the refs from the juniors we would be worse. If we paid to have refs from Wales we would be worse. Every team complains about refereeing decisions going against them, you've listed some against us, other team's fans can list their own. What would you do that could improve things?

Complaining about the referees isn't going to change the standards of refereeing mate, it's all we have. If we got rid of the grade one refs and promote the refs from the juniors we would be worse. If we paid to have refs from Wales we would be worse. Every team complains about refereeing decisions going against them, you've listed some against us, other team's fans can list their own. What would you do that could improve things?
I just knew 'everyone complains' was about to make an appearance.

Every support in Scotland will tell you that Rangers get all the decisions, so that blows away the idea that we should be listening to what fans of other clubs think.

Unless ,of course, you agree with that?

I just knew 'everyone complains' was about to make an appearance.

Every support in Scotland will tell you that Rangers get all the decisions, so that blows away the idea that we should be listening to what fans of other clubs think.

Unless ,of course, you agree with that?
It's true all fans complain about refs, it's also true that they think we get more than our share of decisions. Fans of the smaller club worldwide think refs favour the big club in games. You haven't answered the question mate. What would you do to improve things?

It's true all fans complain about refs, it's also true that they think we get more than our share of decisions. Fans of the smaller club worldwide think refs favour the big club in games. You haven't answered the question mate. What would you do to improve things?
Have a proper system in place for monitoring refs.
Consistent failures like Thomson and Clancy get demoted rather than awarded more high profile games.
Remove the automatic fines and bans for highlighting bad referees and actually consider the possibility that they don't get everything right.
Introduce VAR.
Examine referees on the rules of the game, if they're passing a test then they have no excuses on the pitch.

Of course none of that will happen in Scottish football.
Now consider just why that is.

Do you want to hazard a guess what set of fans will be complaining come the back of two tomorrow? Us or that shower from Leith?

Have a proper system in place for monitoring refs.
Consistent failures like Thomson and Clancy get demoted rather than awarded more high profile games.
Remove the automatic fines and bans for highlighting bad referees and actually consider the possibility that they don't get everything right.
Introduce VAR.
Examine referees on the rules of the game, if they're passing a test then they have no excuses on the pitch.

Of course none of that will happen in Scottish football.
Now consider just why that is.
The refs get monitored.
Refs get a spell in lower leagues after what's deemed a poor performance. We'd have no one left if we demoted poor performers, what then?
All your third point does is remove a fine for complaining.
VAR has proven that decisions aren't always correct and complaints continue.
Every ref has to pass a referee exam, they are updated all the time with laws and how they should be interpreted.

The refs get monitored.
Refs get a spell in lower leagues after what's deemed a poor performance. We'd have no one left if we demoted poor performers, what then?
Every ref has to pass a referee exam, they are updated all the time with laws and how they should be interpreted.
If they don't perform then replace them with refs who can actually do the job, you know the same as what happens in every other line of employment in the world?
They don't get demoted at all, referees will rarely get two or more top flight games in a row. Regardless of performance, a referee will more often than not be at a lower league game the following week.

You seem to think we should just accept the shit we have, sit back quietly and say nothing when they underperform or just downright cheat and you want to give credence to the views of other supports.

Those same supporters will tell you Rangers don't exist, we cheated to win trophies and that we're a disgrace if we mention the filth child abusing history.

Forgive me if I couldn't give a shiny shite what any of them say.

Anyone expecting us to get a level playing field in the press is frankly delusional, the press has become extremely left leaning or in some cases Marxist ,when he was chairman Dave King could have found a cure for cancer and Vivid, brokered a peace deal in the middle east ,and stopped global warming and they would still call him dodgy Dave , if anyone in the press spoke out they would be ostracized and the key board warriors would get them cancelled, so I doubt they will be calling anyone out as a cheat,they can and should however be highlighting obvious mistakes and inconsistencies.

If they don't perform then replace them with refs who can actually do the job, you know the same as what happens in every other line of employment in the world?
They don't get demoted at all, referees will rarely get two or more top flight games in a row. Regardless of performance, a referee will more often than not be at a lower league game the following week.

You seem to think we should just accept the shit we have, sit back quietly and say nothing when they underperform or just downright cheat and you want to give credence to the views of other supports.

Those same supporters will tell you Rangers don't exist, we cheated to win trophies and that we're a disgrace if we mention the filth child abusing history.

Forgive me if I couldn't give a shiny shite what any of them say.
I don't care what other supports think either. The point is that the refs who can do a job aren't there. We have no-one to replace them with.

The refs get monitored.

Who monitored Collum at Paisley last week and what was his punishment?

We did.
Ryan Jack was banned after an appeal.

It's not just the ref in this case but also the 3 man panel.
What did 4 of them see from Jack on May that was worse than the tackle on Alfie?
A Rangers jersey on the player that made the tackle.

I don't care what other supports think either. The point is that the refs who can do a job aren't there. We have no-one to replace them with.
You've argued that I'm wrong because of what other supporters think, now you don't care what they think?

You're so inconsistent, you could easily be a referee.

A Rangers jersey on the player that made the tackle.
I've made the point that he made a challenge exactly like that the season before.
Same two teams, same stadium, but this time Ryan Jack wore an Aberdeen shirt and the tackle was on a Rangers player.
He wasn't sent off, he wasn't cited by the compliance officer, he wasn't subject to any scrutiny whatsoever.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I think it was the same referee in both games.

Back