Who Employs the Ball Boys for EL games?

Scotty Arfield

Are the ball boys independent of Rangers or do UEFA employ them?

There was parts of the game last night where Rangers were out of position and the ball boys were giving Feyenoord the ball back in a matter of seconds and not letting us get back into shape.

If they are Rangers supporters and picked by us, they should be getting a clip round the ear. Everyone should be pulling together to help us win, not giving the opposition an advantage.

The club.

The SPFL & SFA do not allow multi ball as most clubs are too tinpot to be able to implement it.

Are the ball boys independent of Rangers or do UEFA employ them?

There was parts of the game last night where Rangers were out of position and the ball boys were giving Feyenoord the ball back in a matter of seconds and not letting us get back into shape.

If they are Rangers supporters and picked by us, they should be getting a clip round the ear. Everyone should be pulling together to help us win, not giving the opposition an advantage.

FFS, a new level of trying desperately to find something to moan about...

FWIW, I was there and not for one second did I think the ball boys were secretly trying to undermine our efforts.

The club.

The SPFL & SFA do not allow multi ball as most clubs are too tinpot to be able to implement it.

multi-ball has been mentioned but at £80 and you need 12 balls and every SPFL game has to be with a new ball a few clubs said it was a cost that they could do without ( £960)

which means VAR at £5000 a game will never be implemented in Scotland

We seem to have under 10’s who struggle to chuck the ball back. The tims have pre indoctrinated mid teens who know when to take their time or speed it up.

Anyone notice Jaap Stam giving us the ball for a throw in during the second half strangely quickly when his players were still trying to get back into their shape?

Does any one remember the Wee lad from Swansea v Chelsea a few years back, thats the kind of ballboy we should have

As I stated, we already use Academy players. From a Record article dated August 2018:

There’s a whole lot different about Rangers under Gerrard but this was something on the periphery.

It was the age of the ball boys. The usual kids who provide the service had been replaced by older guys in tracksuits.

Bear with me on this one. An enquiry provided a real insight into Gerrard’s growing influence at a club now being guided with a renewed sense of purpose.

The idea is to use the Under-16 academy kids as ball boys so they can get accustomed to the surroundings, the atmosphere, the stadium and they also get a close-up view of what’s required to play at first team level.

multi-ball has been mentioned but at £80 and you need 12 balls and every SPFL game has to be with a new ball a few clubs said it was a cost that they could do without ( £960)

That's just 35 punters at the inflated ticket prices they charge when the 'Cat A' teams come to town.

An illustration of just how fu*king tinpot some of the shite in this league actually is.

F*ck them, make it a requirement.

which means VAR at £5000 a game will never be implemented in Scotland

A price the spfl should be paying if they gave a fiddlers %^*& about improving the game in Scotland

Or let clubs who want to use it use it, would help us immeasurably at home

Or actively seek out a new deal with a ball maker who would provide the balls for a bit of advertising etc

The club.

Massive bugbear of mine, such an easy thing to change and helps the flow of the game so much.

I doubt the diddy teams would vote for it though, helps them massively with timewasting/getting a breath against us

I've said this for years, it should be youth team players doing these games, A. they are more game aware & B. get's them used to an atmosphere

I agree completely. I’ve long advocated this.

The ball boys got the ball back quick last night but for both sides and occasions when we really needed to slow things down to regain our shape.

Back