Who has been scammed?

I used a debit card and paid through friends and family? Will the refund that? I’ve got screenshots of it all.
Chances are slim but go via your bank on the fraud angle, specifically no supply of good paid for. PayPal will squeal T&Cs around F&F but stick with the "risks not made clear at time of payment" and your bank will continue the chase. PayPal know F&F is confusing and you are not alone so keep up on them regardless of their initial responses telling you to get lost.

I used a debit card and paid through friends and family? Will the refund that? I’ve got screenshots of it all.
It's a 50/50 mate.

Tell PayPal you've been scammed, and that the person blocked you as soon as you realised this. Tell them the truth (except the having a bevvy part!). And make SURE that they know you were coerced into sending it via friends/family, that the seller told you to do that because it would be quicker, and that you are relatively unfamiliar with how PayPal works. Really lay it on thick that the seller scammed you into choosing all those PayPal options, and that you didn't do it knowingly and willingly.

Also tell PayPal that your bank told you to come to them (go to your bank too and file a fraud report).

At first PayPal will give you the usual copy+paste replies, maybe even a few different agents. But keep pushing, and keep saying the same thing. Just keep hammering the point home, and that you were scammed via PayPal and that you can't believe PayPal would allow scammers to get away with this on their platform.

It's 50/50, but we weren't even 50/50 to beat Leipzig.

The level of naivety on Twitter is actually frightening. A well known bam up account on Twitter posted they were giving away tickets last night and they had 3000 retweets within the hour, and plenty of “pick me” comments.

That being said, the people who play on the desperation of others and scam folk are horrible, rotten scumbags. I hope you get your money back OP.

Been out drinking all day and thought I got myself a bargain off some random lady's front bottom on Twitter, £550 for 2 off PandaTickets. Blocked within 2 minutes of transferring the money, the dirty bastard.

They were calling themselves Pat Tickets just the other day as well. Must’ve scammed loads of Bears.

If you’re paying over the odds to strangers online ALWAYS do it through a site allowing you to pay by credit card.

It all goes pear shaped and you can instigate a charge back. NEVER do a bank transfer.

As for the OP, it might seem a pain but report it to the police and your bank. The bank account number and sort code are easily traceable. It’s fraud and should be chased by the cops (don’t hold your breath though). Certainly if it’s UK bank account it’s a 5 minute job for them to find out who the scumbag is.
The cops aren't interested unless it's over £15k.

The Twitter accounts they’ve retweeted saying things like “got tickets for the Europa league final, thanks to @pandatickets” were only created in April and have very few followers. Clearly a scam. Hope you get your money back OP.
One of them has bought concert tickets and football tickets. Its most definitely a scam

Have any of you got a contact for PayPal?
Link on point 1. below.
  1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Select either I didn't receive an item I purchased or the item I received was significantly not as described or I want to report unauthorized activity, depending on the nature of your dispute.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to file your dispute.

Your wrong here - one if not the best for buyers - they hold the sellers money for 3/4 days after event to ensure you get the ticket - I bought today and 2 arrived in my UEFA app within 20 mins

Whats to stop the person saying they didn't get it?

Back