Who has been scammed?

Been out drinking all day and thought I got myself a bargain off some random lady's front bottom on Twitter, £550 for 2 off PandaTickets. Blocked within 2 minutes of transferring the money, the dirty bastard.
Was it a bank transfer?

Been out drinking all day and thought I got myself a bargain off some random lady's front bottom on Twitter, £550 for 2 off PandaTickets. Blocked within 2 minutes of transferring the money, the dirty bastard.
Sorry to hear that. Using F&F in PayPal unfortunately diminishes your chances of restitution. However, get onto your bank / CC provider and state that PayPal does not make it clear things are at risk when using F&F at the time you push the button to pay. It’s one thing hiding behind pages of T&Cs compared to spelling it out at the time you commit to payment. The point is PayPal know it is easy to get caught out and they have a responsibility to make that clear, yet they don’t. Don’t be fobbed off by their first response, keep pushing they should make it clearer and you have a better chance to get your money back. Good luck.

scammers few tweets down on their account was the last name they used which is suspended the email is something carding redlight

If you’re paying over the odds to strangers online ALWAYS do it through a site allowing you to pay by credit card.

It all goes pear shaped and you can instigate a charge back. NEVER do a bank transfer.

As for the OP, it might seem a pain but report it to the police and your bank. The bank account number and sort code are easily traceable. It’s fraud and should be chased by the cops (don’t hold your breath though). Certainly if it’s UK bank account it’s a 5 minute job for them to find out who the scumbag is.

Back