Who has been scammed?

The more I think about it, the less likely it is to be the scammer. He would have to be monumentally fucking thick to hand over bank details and name to someone he was trying to rip off. To open a bank account you need legit details, so I would hedge a guess that it is a stolen id doing the scamming rather than the guy giving out legitimate details.

Well worth chasing this one all the way, however, just in case it is a proper dullard.
Come on :)

He had two random tickets then managed to find the three I need right next to each other.

He’s a scammer :)

Come on :)

He had two random tickets then managed to find the three I need right next to each other.

He’s a scammer :)
eh?

You missed the point :D

by a lot.

You have the bank details and name of someone. The scammer is not likely to have given you his own personal details, and the details he has given you are probably from a stolen ID he has used to set up a bank account. This means that finding the name and account number most likely do not find the person doing the scamming.

Unless, as I said, it is a dunce who is just firing his own name and account details to folk he is about to rip off.

The ‘scammer’ only passed his account numbers I guess. The name appears when you put it in the bank app/website, the scammers is probably unaware of this.

Don’t you need a bank account to link to PayPal too?
Nope. When you set up a new payment you are asked to give the name and account number. The bank then checks them against each other and confirms that the account you are sending the cash to is in the name of the person that you have been told it is.

eh?

You missed the point :D

by a lot.

You have the bank details and name of someone. The scammer is not likely to have given you his own personal details, and the details he has given you are probably from a stolen ID he has used to set up a bank account. This means that finding the name and account number most likely do not find the person doing the scamming.

Unless, as I said, it is a dunce who is just firing his own name and account details to folk he is about to rip off.
I did.

You should have transferred a small amount over ask him to verify how much, this confirms it’s his account. Contact the police. That’s the simple answer.

Other is tell FF his real after it’s confirmed to be him and let the internet do the work.

If its RBS phone them and they will at least put a stop on the account. If not set up load of direct debits to charity!

Is it just me or has this chancer now changed his Twitter page to some sort of Twitter Feedback Team to make his page look like an official Twitter page?

Back