Who has been the best footballer you have witnessed playing at Ibrox?

Not counting our own players ( Baxter Laudrup Gazza ) I had said Cruyff and hold to that but I remember seeing Robbie Rensebrink play an outstanding match against us a few years before Cruyff and just thought I’d mention it.

Seen too many great world class players to choose just one would be too difficult, from Rumminige, Voller, Matheus, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Mendietta, Hagi, Messi there's just too many.

For us - Laudrup and it's not even close

Against us - Mendieta, that whole Valencia team were outstanding but he was head and shoulders above the rest.

That Inter Milan team we played in the 80's- as well as the Brilliant Rummeneige and Brady, also had the big Italian winger Altobelli, who absolutely destroyed us in the first leg in the San Siro.............he didnt stick in my mind at Ibrox for the second leg though when we gave them the fright of their lives and nearly overturned their 3-0 first leg win when we horsed them 3-1......what a night that was

Wilf Mannion, it was so long ago I do not remember who he played for. I was just a wee lad I had to be about eleven or twelve. was so impressed by him I spent a lot of time drawing his image, he had a shock of blond hair, but what a player. I am eighty three now.

Not counting our lads I remember being unbelievably impressed by Lilian Thuram when we played Parma back in the day.

fun fact : the most capped player ever in the French National team ( 142 caps ) so it’s not only me that reckoned he was pretty good

Back