Who has been the best footballer you have witnessed playing at Ibrox?

Blue Goose

On the back of the if you could relive a game thread, it got me thinking about the best football player or players who have played at Ibrox and not just for Rangers. There are an abundance of players but I'm going to say Gascoigne for sheer natural talent.

On the back of the if you could relive a game thread, it got me thinking about the best football player or players who have played at Ibrox and not just for Rangers. There are an abundance of players but I'm going to say Gascoigne for sheer natural talent.
There have been so many, off the top of my head Juan Roman Requilme,Gaizka Mendieta,Mario Kempes & Our very own Prince of Denmark.
WATP

Apart from the Gers, Rummenigge for Inter Milan. Liam Brady was in the same team, but not a patch on the German.

Another Cruyff vote here for forward players but Franz Beckenbauer stands beside him in a photo finish for me.

Wlodzmierz lubanski of gornik had a wand of a left foot and destroyed us at Ibrox and Mario kempes of valencia's lethal finishing did the same!

Laudrup and Gazza obviously, but for other teams I’d go for Riquelme when he played with Villarreal.
Ridiculous talent should have done a lot more than he did in the game.

Good shout that one

For me Valencia at Ibrox were the best team I'd saw, any one of claudio Lopez, kily Gonzalez or mendieta who were all magnificent that night

Last edited:
Best player? Messi.

Best performance? Probably Benzema.

Davie Cooper. Close the thread admin.
i was there every home game in the early 80's and granted we were pish but for a player that had more skill in his left toe than any of his peers, he delivered 1 game in 4, while i understand he was one of the most skillfull players ever when he was in the mood, why was his nickname the moody blue? Laudrup for me !

Against us without a doubt Johan Cruyff other opponents who deserve a mention. Beckenbaur Prosinaski Del Piero Hagi and messi

For the Gers. Gazza by a mile the best player ever to pull on the blue jersey

When Requelme played against us he wasn’t even fully fit, thankfully haha. He made playing football look very easy.
Gazza for us.

Gazza, Laudrup and Cooper are hard to separate for us.
I have watched Cruyff and Messi at Ibrox but neither played well. Jimmy Johnstone was a fantastic player but the best visitng display possibly Prosinecki for Red Star - he was outstanding.

First thought was Prosinecki as a performance at lbrox
Best Rangers player, Laudrup
My dad would have said Baxter, but l was too young to see the best if him

Possibly Hagi.

Once said Henrik Larsson in a similar thread, not having that abuse again.

Back