Who is all out for the Old Firm?

Talk now seems to be that Furuhashi is actually worse than they feared and he needs surgery.

If that's the case, then his season is over.
Hamstring surgery rehab can be anything between 16 and 20 weeks normally.

Wouldn't be suprised if there's another scattergun transfer looming.
If that is true, they better think the League Cup was worth it.

A big if... as I never believe any of their injury stories.

Talk now seems to be that Furuhashi is actually worse than they feared and he needs surgery.

All because Ange The Great played him while injured lol!

Mental.

Just shows how threadbare they really are though.

My only concern is how we deal with that atmosphere and how it will affect both sets of players. Man for man we're better than them and have a better coaching team.

They'll come out flying and play at a hight tempo for the first 30 minutes, using the crowd. Weather that and I reckon they'll run out of gas

It will not matter who they line up with, it comes down to our players turning up on the day and playing with the correct attitude to take the points.
Disagree - McGregor and Furuhashi are huge losses for them, if they are definitely out.

Even then Rangers will still have to be on their best. We have had two real bad performances under Gio but I expect us to go up a few gears at the piggery.

Also, we will have to overcome organized cheating from the officials.

Praying we get through these next two games without picking up any injuries.

If we can and with maximum points I am going to be very optimistic next Wednesday.

Their new Japanese CF doesn't seem that great from the limited amount I've seen of him. It would be a huge downgrade.

My only concern is how we deal with that atmosphere and how it will affect both sets of players. Man for man we're better than them and have a better coaching team.
Surely we should have no concerns? The players have done it before with just a few hundred Gers fans in that dump.

I think they’ll relish it. The likes of Kent especially, with his gun fingers celebration, he won’t be phased at all. Roofe as well, these guys have no fear, they’ve been there and done it before in hostile environments.

The one guy I’d have concerns about is Itten. He seems too “nice” for me. A good option to have but Roofe has spite and is more suited to the Old Firm with the way he throws himself about and sometimes makes hard challenges. Doesn’t even play with shin pads ffs.

I just meant for the rest of the season if Furuhashi is out that long. He got a goal against Hibs but he couldn't really miss, he hasn't looked great apart from that.

Giakoumakis will play the OF but I don't think they are keen on him.
I think they'll play Abada through the middle rather than him, with Jota and Forrest wide. It's their midfield that'll be by far their weakest area though as McGregor, Rogic and Turnbull are their first choice midfield and all of them will be out.

I just meant for the rest of the season if Furuhashi is out that long. He got a goal against Hibs but he couldn't really miss, he hasn't looked great apart from that.

Giakoumakis will play the OF but I don't think they are keen on him.

Wouldn't be suprised if they went with Abada through the middle against Hearts, although that's not a great option either for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from his goal, he was garbage against Aloa.

No movement, won nothing in the air and the Alloa central defenders totally dominated him.

Wouldn't be suprised if they went with Abada through the middle against Hearts, although that's not a great option either for them.
Not according to Peter Grant

Surely we should have no concerns? The players have done it before with just a few hundred Gers fans in that dump.

I think they’ll relish it. The likes of Kent especially, with his gun fingers celebration, he won’t be phased at all. Roofe as well, these guys have no fear, they’ve been there and done it before in hostile environments.

The one guy I’d have concerns about is Itten. He seems too “nice” for me. A good option to have but Roofe has spite and is more suited to the Old Firm with the way he throws himself about and sometimes makes hard challenges. Doesn’t even play with shin pads ffs.
Hopefully mate, team selection will be key here, for me Sakala has to start. We need as much pace as possible running at that back line.

Japanese market backfires. Diver out, so national manager calls up Maede. Double bubble.
Welsh has had PTSD since JD spun him like a top last term. Sleep loss & flashbacks....

Very much doubt it
Hope you're right because he's an important player for them. Not good, but experienced.

I see Weinstein is saying he's "feeling better" though, and since Tims and the truth have always been strangers I'm not sure I believe the "month out" narrative.

If that is true, they better think the League Cup was worth it.

A big if... as I never believe any of their injury stories.
I never believe their injury stories either DH. There have been plenty of times in the past when they've claimed key players were out injured before key matches only for the same players to miraculously appear on the day of the game. In fact, I've learned never to believe anything they say on any subject because it's almost always a lie aimed at gaining an unfair advantage. Sporting integrity? Don't make me laugh.

Apparently their new Japanese midfielder ideguchi? Is out injured now as well, worse than it looked at the time. That’s then down to bitton and McCarthy and their new midfielder o’reilly:))

Back