Who is good enough and who isn’t...?

Morelos
McGregor
Arfield
Kent
Goldson (not on todays showing)

Maybe Tav but his poor games are catching up with good ones. Maybe Katic young and started well but faded. Maybe Barasic, looked good against us. Maybe Grezda but not been brilliant so far. Maybe Coulibaly as he started well but faded. Murphy deserves a chance. Maybe Middleton young with potential. Halliday as versatile back up. Maybe Candieas can be good but can be poor. Can't really fault McAuley but age against him.

Rest not overly fussed and the msybes some can probably go.

McCrorie will get there too with experience & game time imo. And he is one of our few winners.

I just hope to Fvck none of these players decide to have a look on here and see that most on here think they are aw shite

McGregor ....
Tav .....
Morelos ..
For me, are three certainties. .......
The rest , well the chance is given to them every week whether it's in training or on match day to prove they are both good enough and mentally strong enough to be at our club ...

This for me is the secret, we are not spending our way out of this .

Yes, we need to recruit but it won't be household names we bring in .

The rest is up to Gerrard , he needs to mould a unit that is , as you point out, greater than the sum of it's parts.

Given that he himself is a novice in the management dept. it's no easy task

Steven needs to have a plan B, and maybe C. We are getting predictable.

Keep: mcgregor, barasic, katic, Middleton, morelos.
The rest can go back to their clubs or be sold on as far as I'm concerned. We ain't winning anything with this squad in my opinion.
Barasic ain’t been that impressive agree with rest goldson keep and I would give McCauley a run out experience is key we need guys who know how to
Win only players who have won a medal are McGregor and Lafferty......... %^*& would go as far to say Gerrard to shove on his boot for a few games show the rest of them what needing done. And Tav to give up the captaincy he’s a great player not a captain pass that over we need a leader in hard times

To win the league?

Greegs
Tav
Borna
Goldson
Katic
Jack
Morelos
Kent
McCauley
Candleias
Arfield

The rest? Nope. Sorry. We need better.

Really disappointed with Grezda and Laffery.

I do wonder though if the rotation isn't helping.

Jack isn't good enough. He constantly passes the ball sideways and has no killer pass. He offers no goal threat either

Realistically McGregor, Tav, Morelos, Arfield and maybe Barisic are the only players that have the quality required. We need another two or three first team players on that level.

We won leagues with very average players before, our problem is we are relying on a few guys to carry the rest. Without Morelos, McGregor and Tav we’d be gubbed. We need a few more match winners, but they cost money.

McGregor Tav Barasic Goldson MacAuley Arfield Morelos Kent

I think Candeias Middleton Jack McCrorie Katic should be good enough to step in when required but we’re still about four starters of a high quality away from being serious about toppling the paedos

Barasic ain’t been that impressive agree with rest goldson keep and I would give McCauley a run out experience is key we need guys who know how to
Win only players who have won a medal are McGregor and Lafferty......... %^*& would go as far to say Gerrard to shove on his boot for a few games show the rest of them what needing done. And Tav to give up the captaincy he’s a great player not a captain pass that over we need a leader in hard times
I would keep barasic because I think he will prove his worth to Rangers, poor players don't get capped for Croatia. But aye, the way I'm feeling just now, don't think I would care too much if a lot of them were moved on.

To win the league?

Greegs
Tav
Borna
Goldson
Katic
Jack
Morelos
Kent
McCauley
Candleias
Arfield

I do not get what people see in grezda, i have thought he s average from the start.
When he came i thought maybe a shota averladdse( spelling wrong) but he aint shota.
In fact maybe get shota of him.

Haha brilliant. So we need to buy 20 players in the summer :D
The thread is asking opinions on who people think is good enough and who isn't. I'm not personally going to move most of the squad on in the summer so your post is a bit fucking stupid to be honest.

He's not the only one, but I know what you mean. He's not the marauding player I imagined he'd be when he signed.
Because he's croatian though he must be good. If he was called Barney Baxter from Fife he'd be on 'the list' of most folks.
Dunno what’s happened to them......... think Gerrard needs To stick to a team and keep it now let the rest fight it’s ridiculous that McCauley wasn’t playing or Middleton staring

Goldson seems to be getting off lightly here. He really isn't very good. Cost us on a few occasions now. Don't rate him . Aberdeen first game he jumps backwards out the way of the shot . Motherwell away he slips and cost us a goal.. Own goal in Europe trying to clear with wrong foot. And today all he had to do was boot the ball away from danger. He is not what we need . We need an animal in there clearing everything that comes in the box .

1st names on teamsheet:
McGregor
Morelos (if he can sort himself out)

Decent:
Tavernier
Goldson
Candeias

Too early to tell:
Barisic
Grezda
Rossiter
Katic

Potential:
Kent
Middleton

The rest are not good enough. I suspect Gerrard knows this but needs more time to get replacements in. But he can help himself by stopping tinkering unnecessarily with the starting XI.

I’d agree with that other than Grezda, who I think we need to give more time, and Middleton who is still young enough to improve, plus he has shown he can finish given the chance.

Katic is another not listed I wouldn’t write off yet.

I was rightly pulled up when I made a first impression on gresda as not being very good.
I just don't see a player in there. No first touch or control.
And we paid money.
The Albanian manager thinks he's a winner

Bad time to ask OP, place is in hysterics at the moment

When we win our next 3 games, you’ll be hearing title talks again, every player on long term contracts, Ejaria, Coulibaly and Kent to be signed up permanently ASAP, etc.

Some of these threads are brilliant!
I’m going to bet that some of the posters above have blown their load on here over some some of the players now deemed not good enough!

I was rightly pulled up when I made a first impression on gresda as not being very good.
I just don't see a player in there. No first touch or control.
And we paid money.
The Albanian manager thinks he's a winner

I agree he hasn’t shown a lot thus far, but I think given he arrived injured and wouldn’t be the first foreign player to take time to settle, he should be given time.

What I would say though is I don’t think we would have signed him had Murphy not got injured.

McGregor, Morelos.

Struggle to see who else. I'm fed up giving the same players since 2016 chances. Just scunnered to be honest.

Keep: mcgregor, barasic, katic, Middleton, morelos.
The rest can go back to their clubs or be sold on as far as I'm concerned. We ain't winning anything with this squad in my opinion.
I don't get the hype over Middleton.

Bit of a one trick pony and can't seem to beat a man, always passing back to the left back.

Grezda clearly has something about him. He’s shown more good than he has bad, the folk writing him off need to give themselves a shake.

I can’t agree. What’s he done? He can’t seem to beat a man, find a cross and unlike Candeias, he doesn’t work hard to get the ball back. Couple of times today he lost the ball
And just strolled back while the full back was 10 yards away from him.

McGregor
Morelos
Arfield (maybe)

We could maybe afford 1 or 2 passengers in the side if we have another 5-6 quality players.

Unfortunately we don’t and we are getting found out all over the pitch because of it.

We can’t keep clean sheets and we struggle to create chances and score goals.

Our squad is still miles away.

I don't get the hype over Middleton.

Bit of a one trick pony and can't seem to beat a man, always passing back to the left back.

I think the boy will improve with experience to be honest. But like I said earlier, this whole thread is about opinions, some will agree, some won't.

I am starting to get fed up with Jack, he has had 2 outstanding games this season on the openibg day and v Osijek but thats it and now he is just a side to side passer who takes far too many touches.

Not the only one mind you, apart from Arfield its depressing thinking about the midfield 3

I actually think we have the spine of a good team now, we need a few more quality players especially in midfield and to get the rid of the players that are not going to cut it

We also need to start playing a settled defence

To win the league?

Greegs
Tav
Borna
Goldson
Katic
Jack
Morelos
Kent
McCauley
Candleias
Arfield

Ryan Jack is a dumplin never good enough.

I agree with most of the Op, but the Middleton inclusion is very unfair. I think most of the names there are right, and I think the manager knows it as well.

As the Gub said last week.

We have a goalkeeper and a nut job unreliable striker. Everything else is ordinary as phuck.

I'm certainly not writing off Barisic but I'd be interested to hear why he makes the good enough list given he's been poor for us in his limited appearances so far.
I think that's harsh. After he came on today the quality of his crosses was evident; he is a star in the making.

Kirk Broadfoot
Ricky Foster
Steven Whittaker
Maurice Edu
Andrius Velicka
Jerome Rothen
John Fleck
Steven Smith
Christian Dailly
Kyle Lafferty

Were part of our last 3 title winning squads.

Let's not pretend you need to be particularly brilliant to get a Scottish League winners medal.
How many games did Fleck, Foster, Velicka and Rothen play in title winning sides?

Staggered that people mention Goldson in a positive light , more importantly , the manager is a problem - big time .
Big problem in my opinion is no one looks happy playing beside that bag of wank worrell. He needs to concentrate on his own game and stop mouthing off at the rest. Would really %^*& me off playing with him and I’m shit

Back