Who is good enough and who isn’t...?

I'm trying to fathom out why Barisic is good enough yet Rossiter isn't given we have seen next to nothing of either?

Personally I think Candeias is good enough as well, but simply has having a dip in form, which may explain why Tav has been shite recently.

I would send all the loan players back that we have, none are good enough or weven have the desire to put in the effort required at Rangers.

If we are serious about winning the league?

Good enough, I’d sayMcGregor, Tavernier, Barisic, Goldson, Arfield, Morelos.

Not good enough, I’d say Halliday, Worzel, Jack, Coulibaly, Ejaria, Rossiter, Lafferty, Candeias, Grezda, McAuley, Middleton.

We have more players who are below the standard required than we have who could do this job. We are more than 5 first picks away from being a serious outfit.

Candeias is absolutely good enough if he has quality around him imo

I'm trying to fathom out why Barisic is good enough yet Rossiter isn't given we have seen next to nothing of either?

Personally I think Candeias is good enough as well, but simply has having a dip in form, which may explain why Tav has been shite recently.

I would send all the loan players back that we have, none are good enough or weven have the desire to put in the effort required at Rangers.
Kris boyd said today "for months now I just haven't seen it with rossiter" found this absolutely bizarre.

Ability wise most are probably good enough. It's being able to perform with that heavy Rangers jersey on and realising that every team that plays you will raise their game as it's their cup final. I don't think some of the loan players care about this TBH and the management have a responsibility to ensure that this attitude is instilled in the players.

Candeias is absolutely good enough if he has quality around him imo

No he isn’t. His final ball is 8 times out of 10 is bloody woeful. When you only have 1 up front who scores then that isn’t good enough.
None of our wide players playing in our 433 are getting enough assists or goals.

I’d put it into 4 categories, good enough starters, good enough squad options, not good enough and jury still out:

Good enough starters:
McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Arfield
Morelos

Good enough squad players:
Foderingham
McAuley
Katic
Jack
Candeias
Murphy
Kent

Not good enough:
Worrall
Flanagan
Wallace
Coulibaly
Ejaria
Halliday
Dorrans
Lafferty
Sadiq

Jury still out:
McCrorie
Barisic
Grezda
Rossiter
Middleton

How many games did Fleck, Foster, Velicka and Rothen play in title winning sides?

Fleck made 17 appearances in 2010-11. Ricky Foster made 24 appearances in 2010-11. Gregg Wylde (who was also rotten) made 21 appearances that season as well.

Rothen made 8 appearances in 2009-10. Fleck made 23 appearances in 2009-10.

Fleck made 10 appearances in 2008-09. Velicka made 11 appearances in 2008-09.

We are not as short of them as being made out.

We have a lot of decent players in the squad but not enough in terms of real quality. We probably look a completely different side with 1 or 2 very good additions to midfield. Jack and Arfield are both alright but not great, either of them could play in a league winning first 11 but with two new faces, rather than both every week. Coulibaly and Ejaria are miles short of what is required.

I find the criticism of Haliday harsh. He’s came on leaps and bounds from where he was last season. I would never in a million years of thought he had a future.

If half that team show some of his passion some of our results might be better.
got to agree he's not been our worst that's for sure

I don't know who to keep and who to get rid of, because one week they are great and then the next they are shite. All I do know is that I would hate to be the manager of this lot

Last week 90% of them would have been good enough. This week we need a full new squad.

That's the Bi-Polar nature of FF for you.

No he isn’t. His final ball is 8 times out of 10 is bloody woeful. When you only have 1 up front who scores then that isn’t good enough.
None of our wide players playing in our 433 are getting enough assists or goals.

I agree his final ball could be better. There's a bigger picture though, a good few of your 8 out of 10 is nobody to get on the end of them and no runners. Like I said, with quality around him he's good enough

Imho but it's Gerrard decision:
McGregor
Goldson
Murphy
Jack
Lafferty (only because he tends to come good at season run in)
Kent
Morelos
Candeias (But i still think we can get better)
Barisic (hopefully come good)
Grezda (hopefully come good)
Arfield

Back