Who is in this Summer?

StuWoolf

Apologies in advance, but over here in the Colonies() there is not much "Word oan the Street" about signings.

With that in mind which players are being lined up to join Rangers in the forthcoming Windae? Who do you think we should be looking at (money permitting, of course).

The next question is who should be / will be leaving?

If most of those out of contract leave then we need a
GK
2 centre backs
A quality winger opposite Kent (feel like I've been saying this for donkeys)
And a forward of the quality of Roofe or Morelos who isn't isn't injury prone

as for names I'd have looked at Doekhi but he's off to Germany maybe a few young Dutch players that the coaching staff and scouts think are ready to make a mark at the senior level or maybe hidden gems from some of the mid table/lower end of the eredivise

Seen a report linking us with Cedric Kipre to replace Bassey or Goldson but I doubt there's any validity to it

Last edited:
If most of those out of contract leave then we need a
GK
2 centre backs
A quality winger opposite Kent (feel like I've been saying this for donkeys)
And a forward of the quality of Roofe or Morelos who isn't isn't injury prone

as for names I'd have looked at Doekhi but he's off to Germany maybe a few young Dutch players that the coaching staff and scouts think are ready to make a mark at the senior level or maybe hidden gems from some of the mid table/lower end of the eredivise

Seen a report linking us with Cedric Kipre to replace Bassey or Goldson but I doubt there's any validity to it
I've liked the look of Kipre, big unit of a defender.

Birmancevic the winger from Malmo, only 22/23 and looked a cracking player when we played them, Young player of the year in that league

If McGregor, Goldson, Balogun, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Davis (plus loanees going back) leave like a lot of us think, then we'd be left with:

GK - McLaughlin, McCrorie
RB - Tav, Zukowski, Devine
CB - Bassey, Souttar, Helander, King
LB - Barisic
CM - Lundstrom, Jack, Sands, McCann
CAM/WM - Hagi, Wright, Lowry, Sakala, Arfield
ST - Roofe, Itten

Plus guys like Middleton, Kelly, Katic, Simpson, etc to probably be moved on.

So for me we need:

A starter CB
A starter LB (For me Bassey is a CB now and Borna isn't physically the player he was)
A creative CM (Depends on if Gio feels he can rely on McCann or gives Kelly a shot as 4th choice)
A starter RW (though we've needed one for 3 years now)
A starter LW
A starter ST

If Kent, Aribo, Morelos and Kamara all leave surely that brings in atleast £35+ million. With even £20 million to spend of it, we could bring in good additions.

1 GK/ 2CB/ 2 Attacking central midfielders- one with ability to play put right/left 2 forwards - one a out and out goalscorer and the other who can play many roles. All of these need to be considered starters or pushing starters and a upgrade on likes of Wright and Sakala and be 2 footed preferably with the ability to rotate formations.

We will also need to bring Lowry more into the fold and hopefully one or two more push there way into squad from the youngsters.

Need new left back
Bassey will be permanent left back. He is a good CB but is too one footed and much better using his physical nature to get up the pitch and will also prove much better at filling the hole between fullback and the left centre back. Bornas weakness is he stands of players and tries to lead then outside so they just cut past him directly in behind his right. Bassey is much stronger and quicker and this does not happen with him

We could do with buying some players whose fitness can reasonably relied upon to play long seasons, which we all hope is the norm.

Back