Who is the best opposing player you’ve seen in the flesh?

Cruyff, Rummeniger, Beckenbauer, Liam brady was no slouch either, if forced to pick one it would easily be Cruyff

Ronaldinho was one of my favourite ever players but if your asking about actual performance then I find it hard to think of anyone better than Requilme when he was at villareal.

He was unreal and he passed at late fitness test and was only supposedly 70 percent fit. Thank god for us!

Got into this chat last week with my pals, my best xi ive seen play in the flesh was
Van der saar
Alves Nesta Sammer Thuram
Modric Pirlo
Messi Ronaldinho Henry
Rivaldo

Not a lot of balance in that side. The best xi based on performances Ive seen on the day would be very different

Riquelme.

A phenomenal player who delivered a performance as good as expected. Ran the game with ease, linked everything together, created chances... Was a joy to watch.

One thing I find, sometimes if Im watching us/ Scotland getting beat, I'm hardly paying attention to the players doing the damage cos all I'm thinking is "he should be closer to him/ he shouldnt be jumping in there etc". I personally am too biased and it's easier to appreciate how good a player is when you're not caught up in how we are dealing with it.

Back