Who is the greatest Glaswegian football player?

baselbear

Official Ticketer
Triggered by a Twitter post and a quick realisation that a lot of my favourite Scottish Rangers players were actually from the East of Scotland , I cannot , at the moment see past Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Any alternatives , preferably Rangers players?

Triggered by a Twitter post and a quick realisation that a lot of my favourite Scottish Rangers players were actually from the East of Scotland , I cannot , at the moment see past Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Any alternatives , preferably Rangers players?
Probably the greatest Scottish player of all time

If you put away the uber-staunchness for a second then there is no doubt about it. Behaviour in later life does not change his playing ability or achievement.
A terrible error by our club.

Many of Scotland's greatest weren't from Glasgow.

Bingo. Next time it'll be what one of Larsson's dreadlocks was your favourite?

%^*& Dalglish and %^*& Celtic

Get it right mate.

Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish ffs.

Wtf is going on here?

I'll bet the OP has never mentioned a Rangers player on here in such glowing terms.

Get it right mate.

Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish ffs.

Wtf is going on here?

I'll bet the OP has never mentioned a Rangers player on here in such glowing terms.

Wow. You are so staunch. Give your answer instead of playing to the gallery.

Dalglish , if I remember right, worked briefly for Rangers as a scout in the 2000s and was also lined up , and had accepted the role as a Director of Football with Walter taking a back seat rather than being effectively sacked in 98. This negates your point about coming back to Celtic as DOF which basically allowed him to get in a load of golf whilst Celtic were getting horsed by Super Caley.

The full name was to invoke both Dalglish's Scottish heritage and his upbringing as a Rangers fan and also his acceptance of a knighthood which annoyed the rebels.

Wow. You are so staunch. Give your answer instead of playing to the gallery.

Dalglish , if I remember right, worked briefly for Rangers as a scout in the 2000s and was also lined up , and had accepted the role as a Director of Football with Walter taking a back seat rather than being effectively sacked in 98. This negates your point about coming back to Celtic as DOF which basically allowed him to get in a load of golf whilst Celtic were getting horsed by Super Caley.

The full name was to invoke both Dalglish's Scottish heritage and his upbringing as a Rangers fan and also his acceptance of a knighthood which annoyed the rebels.

I'm not playing to any gallery and I'm no stauncher than the next guy that goes to our games.

Anyway I'm leaving it there, as I'm not copping a ban over some ex mentally challenged captain and manager who saw fit to hold a press conference in the same pub the IRA brigadier for Glasgow drank.

Classy from Sir Kenneth eh?

I hate they bastards just as much as everyone else. In fact at times I worry I hate them even f*cking more than I really should . But for me sadly the answer is Dalglish. Not a love in for them or for him. To be perfectly honest I think the guy is a tosser but can't deny the talent the guy had.

I'm not playing to any gallery and I'm no stauncher than the next guy that goes to our games.

Anyway I'm leaving it there, as I'm not copping a ban over some ex mentally challenged captain and manager who saw fit to hold a press conference in the same pub the IRA brigadier for Glasgow drank.

Classy from Sir Kenneth eh?
Two things,He had the Press conference in Bairds to ridicule the so called Sportswriters, and the ' Brigadier ' drunk in his own Pub, which was on London Road.

Back