Who is the greatest Glaswegian football player?

Triggered by a Twitter post and a quick realisation that a lot of my favourite Scottish Rangers players were actually from the East of Scotland , I cannot , at the moment see past Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Any alternatives , preferably Rangers players?
What is it on here with the love in for Dalglish

Wow. You are so staunch. Give your answer instead of playing to the gallery.

Dalglish , if I remember right, worked briefly for Rangers as a scout in the 2000s and was also lined up , and had accepted the role as a Director of Football with Walter taking a back seat rather than being effectively sacked in 98. This negates your point about coming back to Celtic as DOF which basically allowed him to get in a load of golf whilst Celtic were getting horsed by Super Caley.

The full name was to invoke both Dalglish's Scottish heritage and his upbringing as a Rangers fan and also his acceptance of a knighthood which annoyed the rebels.
Nothing worse than a jump the dyke imo

I'm not playing to any gallery and I'm no stauncher than the next guy that goes to our games.

Anyway I'm leaving it there, as I'm not copping a ban over some ex mentally challenged captain and manager who saw fit to hold a press conference in the same pub the IRA brigadier for Glasgow drank.

Classy from Sir Kenneth eh?
I agree mate and I'm out of it to last time I' gave an opinion on the turncoat I was banned so in true dragons den for that reason I'm out

QUOTE="Scoot, post: 3593737, member: 10321"]If longevity was a factor, John Wark would be up there.[/QUOTE]

Even if there were 000's of alternative universes, in none of them would Wark be comparable to Dalglish as a footballer.

Since this is subjective and emotive I'm going to go for Robert S. McColl, 13 goals in 13 games for Scotland, 13 for Rangers and the only player to score 6 in one Game.

I cannot , at the moment see past Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

If he had seven middle names, would you have quoted them all? Cannot fathom why folk do that.

"Who's the greatest singer? Francis Albert Sinatra". Just comes across as daft.

I'd agree with your choice, however.

Morton was considered by many the greatest player in the world at his peak.

Dalglish was a great footballer but don’t think many would have said similar about him

I’ve not read a single reply in this thread, but I’m almost certain it’ll be a Dalgliesh love in.

Boakfest, I’m oot.

The op will be calling him king Jenny next FFS starting a thread by worshipping an ex tim player and manager

Triggered by a Twitter post and a quick realisation that a lot of my favourite Scottish Rangers players were actually from the East of Scotland , I cannot , at the moment see past Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish.

Any alternatives , preferably Rangers players?

Can't think of any reason this was posted apart from someone wanting to highlight a Celtic player. How strange.

QUOTE="Scoot, post: 3593737, member: 10321"]If longevity was a factor, John Wark would be up there.

Even if there were 000's of alternative universes, in none of them would Wark be comparable to Dalglish as a footballer.[/QUOTE]
There is one alternative universe though where John Wark played in the same team as Pele.Can Dalglish say that?

Back