Who says the Scottish mhedia ain’t biased !

He is what he is and the media didn't need to use that photo.
Good on him for the gesture hopefully more people donate.

Didn’t the press do the complete opposite when some English player did something untoward and they scoured the net to find him in....a gers top.

Nobody.

Good on him to be fair, shame he is one of them nobody’s perfect.. liked The Pool, Band of Brothers, Filth, Automic Blonde etc

Anything to shoehorn cellik into a what could have been a positive story. Defeats the purpose people.

This is done just to lay the foundations of cellik being handed this season. We know where they're going...

Can I just point out that it almost certainly wasn't him who choose the photograph.

So good on him for actually doing something positive to try to help the situation.
Correct, taken at face value then 10/10 to him. By any standards, that’s a sizeable sum and he deserves respect for it.

Doesn’t invalidate the OP’s point about the subtle media bias but I’m quite sure that his donation didn’t come with a “when you run the story, run it with a picture of me in a green and grey top” caveat.

Correct, taken at face value then 10/10 to him. By any standards, that’s a sizeable sum and he deserves respect for it.

Doesn’t invalidate the OP’s point about the subtle media bias but I’m quite sure that his donation didn’t come with a “when you run the story, run it with a picture of me in a green and grey top” caveat.

I'm not arguing with the point that it demonstrates media bias, why use that picture.

I just didn't want anyone having a dig at him when he had done such a laudable thing.

I’d rather the shithole of a club he supports finally looked after the kids and families whose lives they destroyed

I get the point about the picture and possibly he didn't have anything to with the story but at this time his money is more than welcome as I have a daughter who is a paramedic and I really worry about her and her colleagues.

Can I just point out that it almost certainly wasn't him who choose the photograph.

So good on him for actually doing something positive to try to help the situation.
Think I read somewhere he was asked about the decision to send us down to the bottom tier of Scottish football and his answer was that it was sheer lunacy, a stupid decision and one that will have negative repercussions for years.
i don't think he is a mentally challenged of the bitter mode.

He's an actor. He'd have been hanging about the music department at school as a total nerd with little interest in sport. He will no doubt have a lukewarm connection to them given he is RC.

If the Scottish media ever actually did their jobs and hammered Celtic for their child abusing ways I bet all these celebs would quickly wash their hands of them. No one in the spotlight wants to be associated with a kiddy fiddling organisation, especially one who went to great lengths to conceal it.

If it means all the other celebrities dig deep and donate, I'm all for it - regardless of what football shirt they're wearing at the time.

The NHS has no allegiance, they welcome everybody's efforts and donations.

Going to play devils advocate - papers will always use the old firm for publicity; be it using a picture or mentioning either of us. It gets clicks, even if the story has nothing to do with the clubs.

Going to play devils advocate - papers will always use the old firm for publicity; be it using a picture or mentioning either of us. It gets clicks, even if the story has nothing to do with the clubs.

Yes and no.

Any opportunity the poet media get to show No shame FC in a charitable light they are all over it.

Like the op says , of the doubtless thousands of pics of McAvoy the mhedia up here choose one of him in the green and grey for this story. Why ? For no other reason than to tag septic onto his charitable act.

Contrast that with anyone with an allegiance to us caught doing anything questionable and that same propaganda machine will painstakingly trawl the net to find that person in a Rangers shirt.

That's about the size of it and it's been going on for years now.

Last edited:
Come on we all know the drill by now!!
someone doing a positive deed- lets dig out a photo of a filth top.
Negative story- dig dig dig dig surely there must be a Rangers shirt on someone involved we can shame. Its been going on for years!!

I aint got a problem with him, in fact i think he's great, even his tv interviews he's grounded and down to earth, he supports them so be it....

Back