Who starts on the left on Saturday

I think if windass is fit he deserves to start on his recent performances. Looking forward to seeing what DJ has to offer though, describes himself as a player who likes to get the ball in the box which sounds similar to candieas

If he's fit, which I think he will be now, it's defo Windass. Pedro thinks highly of him too and seems to think theres great potential in him.

Hopefully if Windass is fit he will play there. I am dreading the thought of either Kenny Miller or Nico there though - much better options but they'll no doubt get the nod if Windass isn't ready to come back.

David Edgar bloody put a dampener on my evening by informing us on his pod that Windass wont be ready for Saturday, if not Elton john has to come in.

I'd quite like to see Declan John start left mid, by all acounts he's quite comfortable in that position with a decent delivery.

Depends on how we line up. Miller could end up being placed out there to keep him in the side as we try Morelos and one of Herrera and Pena alongside him. If Miller gets dropped (or plays through the middle with Morelos) then I'd expect to see either DJ out there, or one of Dorrans and Pena out there with the other at CM.

Depends on how we line up. Miller could end up being placed out there to keep him in the side as we try Morelos and one of Herrera and Pena alongside him. If Miller gets dropped (or plays through the middle with Morelos) then I'd expect to see either DJ out there, or one of Dorrans and Pena out there with the other at CM.

This is assuming Windass is still out. If Windass is available, there's a good chance he starts and we have Dorrans, Jack, Canedeias rounding out the midfield. Morelos and Miller the likely combination up front, but I'd rather see Pena or Herrera with Morelos.

Makes the MOH loan and the Barrie McKay sale seem even more bizarre when we are this short on wingers.

Makes the MOH loan and the Barrie McKay sale seem even more bizarre when we are this short on wingers.

No amount of injuries makes the prospect of MOH starting on the left remotely acceptable.

He's shite. He had the heart of a mouse. His face was tripping him most of the time. He's simply never good enough to play for Rangers, thankfully.

Windass then DJ for me.

Would like to see Wallace afford some decent cover for a change. Put to bed the myth that he's shite.

How times change as never thought I'd hear myself say this :) but wouldn't mind Declan starting to see what he's got.

If John is short of match fitness,then the likelihood is that the players available to us for that position will only last an hour.

Toss of a coin if we start with him or Niko. If Dundee sit in,then probably go with Niko.

If Josh is fit we need to keep him in the team. If he runs out of steam as he has been doing, then John should get his chance. IMO it's Josh's jersey to lose.

Windass if he is fit. He's had a decent start to the season. Miller & Nico benched hopefully the time is up for both of them

David Edgar bloody put a dampener on my evening by informing us on his pod that Windass wont be ready for Saturday, if not Elton john has to come in.

I heard this as well and was a bit surprised as Windass has been back training if the photos are anything to go by.

Haven't had a chance to watch Caixinha's press conference yet, was it mentioned?

Why? We have a game against the scum in 2weeks where we will need this. Why not let the boy get involved in the team and a couple of games under his belt before then?
The biggest threat against us is crosses coming in from our left side

I heard this as well and was a bit surprised as Windass has been back training if the photos are anything to go by.

Haven't had a chance to watch Caixinha's press conference yet, was it mentioned?

Pedro didn't mention Windass, however he did say that the 2 new signings had trained well but still needed to find the rhythm. I don't think the new boys will start, but we'll see tomorrow.

Windass if fit or dj/nemane toss up whoever Pedro thinks has trained better.

Pedro didn't mention Windass, however he did say that the 2 new signings had trained well but still needed to find the rhythm. I don't think the new boys will start, but we'll see tomorrow.

Yeh I'd be surprised if either of the new guys started. If Windass is out, I wouldn't be surprised if Pena got the nod. Caixinha has said before when talking about Pena that coming in from the left is one of the positions he can play, and thats pretty much where he played when he came on against Ross County.

Declan John certainly fancies himself so might as well give him a run out n see what he's got.

We really need Josh fit for the game against The Filth. Who else do we have that is capable of doing something slightly out of the ordinary in terms of dropping the shoulder and going past a couple of players? None.

Would have thought it'll be Windass but the boy has got to show more heart and not chuck it after the first hard tackle.

Windass. While I still don't think we've meshed enough as a team (yet!) to be able to carry the type of player who can offer something a bit different/special but can be prone to going missing for spells, I believe he's currently our best option. And if we go with Herrera and Morelos up front I don't want it being used as an excuse to wedge Miller into the line up.

I would like to see john on the left on Saturday to see what he has, I think Windass is more the type for away games as there are smaller crowds and I personally think he can't handle the big atmosphere and pressure at Ibrox, I am quite happy for him to prove me wrong but he just doesn't do enough at home for me ,he does have it just needs to show it more regularly.

Miller or krancjar on the left should now not be a possibility

Both are impact players last 20 minutes hopefully

I would like to see john on the left on Saturday to see what he has, I think Windass is more the type for away games as there are smaller crowds and I personally think he can't handle the big atmosphere and pressure at Ibrox, I am quite happy for him to prove me wrong but he just doesn't do enough at home for me ,he does have it just needs to show it more regularly.

Isn't John predominately a left back? Our team seriously lacks guile and craft in the final 3rd at the moment. I'm not sure shoe horning a left back into left mid is the answer.

Windass if fit. Nemane if not.

Can see the logic in playing John, but don't see the need v Dundee. We should be looking to build momentum with a good attacking display.

There was no sign of Wallace in the training pics. John may have to play left back.

I'd like to see Peña start on the left, in the sort of role Kranjcar plays there.

Isn't John predominately a left back? Our team seriously lacks guile and craft in the final 3rd at the moment. I'm not sure shoe horning a left back into left mid is the answer.
If that's the case I would have Windass in front of him and 'rest' wallace, if it doesn't work Wallace brought on and shove john further up the park unless windass is on fire then john comes off

When John was talking during his press conference he seemed to be stressing that a big part of his game involves getting forward from midfield and putting balls into the box. And I think at one point he actually described his game/himself as a winger, or at least used the term.

Windass should start, in some games he has looked excellent but has never done it over an entire 90 mins, if he falls away after 60 mins give DJ a run out. Good to have options.

Back