Who takes our two penalties at Sharkhead?

Hopefully we are cruising in the game and blast them over the bar just because we can.

Tav and Borna from the spot will make it 5-0 then Scott Brown gets an automatic red for a vicious assault on Alfredo Morelos right boot after being launched ten feet in the air by a Morelos kick.

Brother Madden then joins our huddle in the middle of the pitch for 55.

:shh:B-D

Shagger. Said it the dream title winning scenario thread. 2-0 up, Alfie with a double and wins a 89th min pen. He waves Shagger to run up and take it.

Pires to Henry type penalty only we don’t fùck it up and when Borna taps it to the side Jimmy Bell comes screaming out of nowhere to thunder it into the roof of the net, he then goes into a super Ally style robot in front of the mentally challenged bench causing Brown and Griffiths to lose bowel control on the spot.

Last edited:
Shagger with a pinenka in the 5th minute then runs up and headers the nose off brown. Sent aff! We don’t even put a goalie in. Still win 5-0. Party starts!!

bang them off the crossbar, setting up Alfie for goals 2 and 3 in his perfect hat trick.
first one a diving header, second one backheel with his left after scoring in the first minute with his right...

It's better for a forward player to take the pens to get their goal scoring ratio up, which also gets their transfer value up.

If you can't trust a central striker to take a penalty there is something wrong, a central striker should be capable of scoring a penalty.

It's better for a forward player to take the pens to get their goal scoring ratio up, which also gets their transfer value up.

If you can't trust a central striker to take a penalty there is something wrong, a central striker should be capable of scoring a penalty.
It pains me to remind you of last year's LCF. :(

Pull-back Jones and Edmundson! If that's not possible then Patterson and Zungu. But make sure they're wearing masks for protection.
Maybe the whole team should wear specially designed "champions" masks as they come out of the tunnel.

It pains me to remind you of last year's LCF. :(

Morelos's penalty wasn't bad, it was still on target, only a good safe from Forster stopped it which happens.

Both penalties Morelos has taken has been on target, Tav has hit penalties which haven't hit the target, they've gone wide or hit the post.

Failure to convert a penalty in a tramps game is BAD, BAD, BAD

Forster has quite a good record saving penalties, he has saved 39% of them in his career, for comparison Allan McGregor has saved 29% of penalties in his career.

Harry Kane and James Milner have failed to convert penalties against Forster, yet they were still allowed to take penalties.

Forster has quite a good record saving penalties, he has saved 39% of them in his career, for comparison Allan McGregor has saved 29% of penalties in his career.

Harry Kane and James Milner have failed to convert penalties against Forster, yet they were still allowed to take penalties.
Moving away from Alfie's record I don't think there's any serious reason to take Tav off spot kicks if he's available. No matter who gets the job there's always gonna be a miss. Tav has a decent record.

Moving away from Alfie's record I don't think there's any serious reason to take Tav off spot kicks if he's available. No matter who gets the job there's always gonna be a miss. Tav has a decent record.
This is what gets forgotten when discussing penalties and misses.
More so when the guy being discussed is all too often the whipping boy.
It’s one kick of the ball.
When all is said and done, it’s not all that different than a misplaced pass, going through with the keeper to beat and missing, or hitting a free kick into the wall, or over hitting it.
The kicker has just got it wrong
Now, I get I’m going to be hit with it being an unchallenged kick of the ball with the keeper twelve yards away.
This is true but the level of expectancy may well be what puts the extra pressure on the kicker.
Simply, he’s not allowed any excuses for a miss.
You could miss half a dozen easier chances in a game, score one, and still be a hero.
Miss a penalty and you’ve got nothing on your side.
You’re the sh1t on a shoe.
Last week we saw Barisic’s whole demeanour and body language being broken down by non-experts and he scored two!

note: I’m not making excuses for the misses, I had a great record.

Back