Who was our number 19 in the 92/93 season?

evo14

Official Ticketer
As the title suggests.

Found this player issued 92/93 Champions League kit in that pop up store on the Trongate. Number 19 on the back.

Back then, the starting lineup was normally just 1-11 so I assume it would have been a fringe player. Would still be a nice thing to own but sadly out of my price range.

rangeral

Don't think it even existed squad numbers was a few season later

1 to 11

Subs

Last edited:

dookieno8

Perhaps would have been a pre season friendly...... Can't of any other reason for a 19 to be printed

Scoot

I was in the Trongate pop up shop on sunday. Made the mistake of going in a few hours before the yahoos kicked off against Kilmarnock. :mad:

Could have been an extra shirt done, in case a shirt was tore or ripped etc.

Or maybe Walter was going to do a 'Stuart Pearce' and throw Goram up top haha!

Unicorn

Gary McSwegan wore number 15 against Marseille. I know that doesn't help but I'm chuffed I remembered that.

Louch

They have 18 and 19 in that pop up. Stitched on numbers as well. Can only assume done in error and kept. Quite a few players tops have a tag on them that mentions Jimmy Bell

dookieno8

Bell has kits going back to the 80s , they had a match issue 87-90 umbro top on a few weeks ago.
Unless they're from his own private collection why would he?

Does the club have a storage with all these old shirts? If they do, why are they selling them on to these guys to rip fans off?

Smkz23

Unless they're from his own private collection why would he?

Does the club have a storage with all these old shirts? If they do, why are they selling them on to these guys to rip fans off?
They’re from his own collection, I bought a match issue 99 away top from them and you get a letter from jimmy bell confirming this.

Ally Shuffle

Im sure they prepare spare strips incase they are needed. Like a late change to the team after the sheets in i would imagine

dookieno8

Im sure they prepare spare strips incase they are needed. Like a late change to the team after the sheets in i would imagine
In those days all the spare shirts were blank, had no numbers on iirc. a number would have to been assigned to a particular person in a match day squad.

In those days, i still think it was maybe 5 max subs for euro. 7 was introduced later i'm sure but still doesn't explain the need for a number 19.