Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

Danny_1872

Laudrup/McCoist when I first got into football and then Novo as I went into high school.

Honourable mentions for Mols, Ferguson and Lovenkrands.

HenningBerg

Bobby Russel for me . Also Nicky Walker ( thought he was cool as Fck with long hair and I had the full keeper kit :cool:)

TQ3

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

Watched that in Eilat with my best mate, he was living there and I hitched from where I was in the Negev desert. Got steaming and hitched back to my door thanks to my Rangers away top, recognised by my neighbours, who stopped. A very good day indeed.
I’m slightly older so Davie Cooper was/is MY Rangers hero!

Jan Wyck

As a kid I would have all the glossy player pics from the Citizen and the ET on my wall.

In the centre would be the Captain Bobby Shearer with the others surrounding him, But as I played outside left for my primary school it would have to be Davie Wilson.

As a teenager it was a photo finish between the two Dereks. Parlane and Johnstone.

HerMajesty's11

Robert fleck. Manly due to that late cup final goal against the sheep. My dad and I going mental in the stand. As a ten year old kid this is probably still the number one rangers memory that sticks out for me.
My dad is no longer with us, but that goal and the moments afterwards are forever remembered.
From that day in I was always fleck when we played at school.

BlueHaze

Stayed in England from the age of 6 till just before I was 12 I didn't see them play but the names Baxter and Henderson were talked about with reverence in and around the area of Mansfield where we stayed.

AndItsGascoigne!

Official Ticketer
First was Super Ally then Gazza... then Jorg Albertz and Barry Ferguson

I had some bad news health wise recently and mr Jorg Albert sent me a video message wishing me well!!

Was in tears with that one

BlueBuzz

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

Dave Smith