Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

stuart01x

As an U12, I’ll always wonder what could have been with Ian Durrant. Fantastic footballer who would have left many in his shadow, including Gazza and Laudrup. But goals win games and there will never be another Ally McCoist.

Davidw72

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

John McDonald

Berrytoon Bear

First Rangers strips I got had no. 9 on the blue top for big DJ and no. 7 on the red away for Davie Cooper but by the time I was 12 my hero was John McClelland.

pienbeans

Billy Ritchie, John Greig and Tam Forsyth. Even had a wooly yellow keepers jersey with a roll neck collar as well as the blue v-neck when I played right half!

buc11

Albertz seemed like an actual superhero to me, we couldn't not win if he was playing.

Special mention for Gio and Numan as well.

Apologies to Tony Vidmar and Claudio Reyna, I dismissed them back then not realising how good they actually were.

Barrymoped

Ally and for 1 night only Berty Konterman!
That night you mention will live long in the memory, during the carnage of celebrating that goal I accidentally punched an old guys specs off who was sat next to me!

Thankfully the old fellow was so delighted he couldn’t actually care!

SGbanwa

That night you mention will live long in the memory, during the carnage of celebrating that goal I accidentally punched an old guys specs off who was sat next to me!

Thankfully the old fellow was so delighted he couldn’t actually care!
Was an absolute peach walking up Cathcart Road every car horn going and fans singing Berty’s wee song

AzorIbrox

Born in 1988, grew up having a whole team to idolise.

Laurdrup's my all time favourite but weirdly during that era I had a soft spot for Jocky Bjorklund!