Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

Colin Stein or Derek Parlane can't split them my family had no football background they quickly learned parlane's the king of Ibrox park:))

Davy Wilson.

I was the smallest and youngest of the boys I played football with at about five or six years old and was designated "Wee Davy Wilson." Had the blue V-neck Gers top with number 11 sewn on by my Mum.

I followed Davy's career after he left Rangers and even went to Boghead a few times to watch him playing for Dumbarton.

I’m sure there’ll be a badge to suit us all on the front page of the bear pit :p

Mine was Ally, then Albertz

Ally McCoist

Always felt he could get us a winner in every game , that he also had great personality / banter & an all round gallus outlook (or so it seemed to me when I was in primary school , playing football with pals & doing my own version of goal poaching , it would be McCoist I’d ‘emulate’ , shout his name

That he also had a great , personalised & family friendly song meant it was easy to support him (in fact it seemed liked everyone , even non football fans or indeed opposition , thought he was a player / Scottish character of note

His goal scoring record for Rangers is incredible, especially considering at height of his career (2 golden boots!) broke his leg playing for Scotland and missed loads of games for us

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif
Bobby mckean then super coop

Laudrup/McCoist when I first got into football and then Novo as I went into high school.

Honourable mentions for Mols, Ferguson and Lovenkrands.

Bobby Russel for me . Also Nicky Walker ( thought he was cool as Fck with long hair and I had the full keeper kit :cool:)

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif
Watched that in Eilat with my best mate, he was living there and I hitched from where I was in the Negev desert. Got steaming and hitched back to my door thanks to my Rangers away top, recognised by my neighbours, who stopped. A very good day indeed.
I’m slightly older so Davie Cooper was/is MY Rangers hero!

As a kid I would have all the glossy player pics from the Citizen and the ET on my wall.

In the centre would be the Captain Bobby Shearer with the others surrounding him, But as I played outside left for my primary school it would have to be Davie Wilson.

As a teenager it was a photo finish between the two Dereks. Parlane and Johnstone.

Back