Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

First Rangers strips I got had no. 9 on the blue top for big DJ and no. 7 on the red away for Davie Cooper but by the time I was 12 my hero was John McClelland.

Billy Ritchie, John Greig and Tam Forsyth. Even had a wooly yellow keepers jersey with a roll neck collar as well as the blue v-neck when I played right half!

Albertz seemed like an actual superhero to me, we couldn't not win if he was playing.

Special mention for Gio and Numan as well.

Apologies to Tony Vidmar and Claudio Reyna, I dismissed them back then not realising how good they actually were.

Ally and for 1 night only Berty Konterman!
That night you mention will live long in the memory, during the carnage of celebrating that goal I accidentally punched an old guys specs off who was sat next to me!

Thankfully the old fellow was so delighted he couldn’t actually care!

That night you mention will live long in the memory, during the carnage of celebrating that goal I accidentally punched an old guys specs off who was sat next to me!

Thankfully the old fellow was so delighted he couldn’t actually care!
Was an absolute peach walking up Cathcart Road every car horn going and fans singing Berty’s wee song

Born in 1988, grew up having a whole team to idolise.

Laurdrup's my all time favourite but weirdly during that era I had a soft spot for Jocky Bjorklund!

bYhEbTS.jpg

What a picture - thanks for posting. Would be a cracking screen saver.

Albertz seemed like an actual superhero to me, we couldn't not win if he was playing.

Special mention for Gio and Numan as well.

Apologies to Tony Vidmar and Claudio:D Reyna, I dismissed them back then not realising how good they actually were.

I loved Claudio Reyna.

My favourite ever Rangers midfield - Reyna, Ferguson, Gio & Albertz :D

I was born in 81,so it was around Souness latter years that my dad really started taken me to the games,so because my friends and cousins all loved Super and with me being a right odd wi lady's front bottom I always wanted to be Trevor Steven,loved that guy as a player.

As Dirty Harry used to say, "A good man knows his limitations".

I'm shit at football, but when I was a kid I was fast over short distances and fairly physical. Jaws (Tam Forsyth for the kids) was my role model.

Back