Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

Willie Henderson firstly, later Willie Johnston

Is this a stealth 'spot the old tw4ts' thread?
It’s certainly got that aspect as a bonus!

I find it interesting to see the different eras, I’m 40 so it was the 80s Super Ally for me, I know all about the older players from the 60s and 70s because of my Dad, however I then feel old when I hear the younger bears say it was Gio and Numan!

Cooper and McCoist. When I first seen Davie Cooper play, watching on TV I was hooked. That was it for me. An absolute gem of a footballer.

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif
Remember watching that in my room and jumping that high when that went in I went right through my cabin bed on landing!

Swiftly repaired with a sheet o chipboard by my dad with the words “I’ll no tell ur mum son don’t worry “:))

Ally and for 1 night only Berty Konterman!

My wife is Dutch, and her and my daughter are back in Holland. My daughter's been at the KNVB (non-lady's front bottom version of the SFA) kids training camp in Zeist this week. Her introductory talk was by Bert Konterman. My missus was there too and said Bert talked to them about his time at Rangers and how moving to a new culture was a pressure, but could help you develop. I have one memory of Bert, and it is happy one!

We’ve got Davie Davie Davie Davie Cooper on the wing on the wing!

Tommy McLean, then Davie Cooper. Super Coop is still my football hero, let alone Rangers one.

Willie Henderson and Billy Johnston.

Always fancied myself as a nippy wee winger but didn’t stopped growing until I was reached 6’4” so always picked as goal keeper or defender.

We’ll say up to age 12, who was your Rangers hero?

And following on from something discussed in another thread, for those who have young kids now, who is their favourite player from the current squad? I’m keen to find out who the current hero is for younger bears.

When I was a kid? No brainer really, it was Super Ally (though it would later become Laudrup). Lucky to have to grown up when McCoist was doing his thing, the following gif more of less sums up the almost unimaginable Roy of the rovers type career he had.

MelodicCloseGallinule-size_restricted.gif
Colin Stein

Derek Johnstone for me guys, but McCloy, Jardine, Greig, Forsyth, Jackson, Macdonald,McLean, Russell, Johnstone, Smith and Cooper are always in my heart

Latest posts

Back