Who were the three teams who wouldnt meet with us??

The only country in Europe that does not have a pathway for youths to progress. BOOM !
One of the reasons guys in their 20s have never seen Scotland at a World Cup or Euros: Remember as far back as Farry n co talking about the need for that lot to wake up an do something about youth and grassroot fitba ,

The SFA and the SPFL are the definition of Sinecure.. The sad thing is they'll do nothing and continue with their arrogance and aimless direction

Tims not one of them as SR says all lower league - Am guessing Alloa as one

See first minute of video
That’s a damning indictment on the authorities running the game. It makes absolutely no sense that they wouldn’t embrace such innovations.

You would think other SPL teams would be all over this as well? Aberdeen, Ross County, possibly Dundee teams putting a similar proposal to the Highland league?

A vote of no confidence must be in the offing.

Stewart should just name them. He is not revealing anything confidential about a meeting or anything like that. All he is doing is telling the supporters these 3 teams, wished not to talk.

I'm amazed at the comments on here. Rangers want to join lower leagues for whose benefit ? Scottish football? Rangers ?
We want to join because it will strengthen Rangers, nobody else. I'm all for it, but I can understand why lower teams don't want it.

I'm amazed at the comments on here. Rangers want to join lower leagues for whose benefit ? Scottish football? Rangers ?
We want to join because it will strengthen Rangers, nobody else. I'm all for it, but I can understand why lower teams don't want it.
You need to actually watch the interview and it’ll tell you the benefits to the whole of the game instead of spouting the same pish all over the threads

Our game is run by absolute charlatans and questionable individuals all side tracked by there own agendas and selfish interests and not to mention helping one particular club.

How Doncaster has lasted this long is staggering he has overseen a decade of disaster yet remarkably seems to cling onto his role no matter the current or next crisis.

Lack of money, sponsorships, a generally poor tv deal, a rotting embarrassment of a national stadium, a terrible standard of football and many scandals along the way yet the idea of B teams seems to have no interest to them absolutely bizarre.

Last edited:
The SFA/SPFL big wigs always seem to be overly concerned with their precious procedures at the expense of efficiency, fairness or plain common sense. Trouble is, it seems harder to get the idiots out of the SFA/SPFL than it is to get them in.

More critical analysis for the clubs to move for change isn’t it .

these people are just absolute takers and fakers

The SFA/SPFL big wigs always seem to be overly concerned with their precious procedures at the expense of efficiency, fairness or plain common sense. Trouble is, it seems harder to get the idiots out of the SFA/SPFL than it is to get them in.
Procedures that do not stop them fielding officials who are Covid isolators .

that’s one of the very simplest things they can’t do

Good listen - glad to see the club providing the leadership that is so desperately needed. No doubt the MSM will be out in droves to condemn such positive "we over me" thinking.

Good listen - glad to see the club providing the leadership that is so desperately needed. No doubt the MSM will be out in droves to condemn such positive "we over me" thinking.

Murdoch McLennan will be. And he chairs the Press Association so expect some propaganda. Mike Mulraney might pop up on sportsound talking about grass roots.

Stewart should just name them. He is not revealing anything confidential about a meeting or anything like that. All he is doing is telling the supporters these 3 teams, wished not to talk.
He doesn’t need to name them it’s really not relevant to us it’s relevant to the members and they will know which ones it was .
The actual issue is that the sfa / spfl structures have failed to progress vital improvements for members and the future development of the key resource in football . Players.

stalled , sidelined , stillborn call it what you want it has completely failed the game . And worse it hasn’t even reported back on what it has done nor why it’s unsuitable .

Frustrating watching that but not surprising unfortunately. Any football minded person , with the best interests of the development of young players and the future of the game could only think 'what's not to like' about these proposals , but here we are !
Ignored by three lower league clubs and indifference from the SFA & the SPFL.
What an absolute embarrassment these bastards are !

Only in Scotland do the clubs who have a few hundred fans, a park for a stadium, zero aim, no ambition, and achieve nothing in the game, have a say on par with the Champions.
Little wonder Scotland are so shite, I mean Rangers have the best keeper and right back and the alky tim manager won't even phone and ask for them to join the squad.
Sooner we are out this cesspit the better.

After the vote last year where we fell short, I think SR and the board saw there were some seeds of discord beginning to form amongst the member clubs.

I haven't always been the biggest fan of SR, but taking a proactive and more importantly, a positive, purposeful and thought-out approach to engaging with the clubs on the future of the game is to be applauded. It mitigates the risk of being called out as sour grapes because we didn't get the result we wanted.

It's a long game and I think we've made the right moves since last summer - appealing to the small clubs as mutually beneficial is key. Having taken advantage of the blue pound between 2012-2015, it would appear these clubs have forgotten that - be interesting to see what would happen if we got accepted into the Lowland League and their member clubs started to see a benefit.

Peterhead will definitely be one of them. That rat face lady's front bottom Jim McInally is forever bleating about the fact we shouldn't be allowed in.

He’s not trying to stir up a witch hunt for the 3 clubs, he’s trying to move the game forward and get backing wherever possible. You don’t do that by bringing a load of abuse to people who aren’t currently onside or they’ll never be onside.

It’s embarrassing that our club (or any club) are having to lead the way for the our national football association. What are these guys getting paid for in the SFA/SPFL? No sponsorship and no desire to improve the product.
You know what they get paid for to further the needs of Celtic Football Club at every turn.

I really don’t get your point. We are miles ahead of any lower league side so any advantage we get is barely going to affect their already very slim chance of winning silverware. However, this proposal generates a lot of new money into the game at a time when clubs desperately need it. Seems like it should have been a no brainier to me.

Did you even watch the video?

Scottish football isn’t so much the tail wagging the dog as the fleas on the tail wagging the dog. That clubs with barely a few hundred supporters can have so much influence on our game is an utter joke. I trust we have a blacklist of clubs that will never receive any of our players on loan. The relevant SPL clubs should do likewise - flush these non-entities out of the league, just like (hopefully) Brechin.

Frustrating (but not surprising) that the SFA / SPFL are dragging their heels. They have no forward thinking and cannot see how it would benefit everyone. I dare say if it came from a club in the East End of Glasgow it would be lauded as being the saving grace of Scottish football.

Frustrating (but not surprising) that the SFA / SPFL are dragging their heels. They have no forward thinking and cannot see how it would benefit everyone. I dare say if it came from a club in the East End of Glasgow it would be lauded as being the saving grace of Scottish football.
The strange thing is the SFA included B-Teams in their Project Brave paper but were not brave enough to implement it.

Pretty sure the SPFL have tried (not very hard) to get it over the line previously by putting it to a vote.

Scottish football needs ripped up and started again without clubs in tiers 3 and 4 blocking change because they are scared of where they will end up in a proper pyramid.

Back