Who will be this seasons Bassey?

Scott Wright and Fashion Sakala have got all the tools required to be top players for us, if they can get the decision making correct.

Pace, skill and good stikers of the ball. Just need to understand when to use each of them.

Lowry has a chance to make his mark on the team.

I don’t think we’ll ever see another rise in such a short space of time to match Bassey.
He is the only one who has a chance based on his ability, the Management really have no option but to play him given his explosive talent and rapid rise.

The reality is at Rangers there is little appetite to play developement guys in the XI due to the worry of their unproven nature leading to a dropping of points in title races that are usually very close.

Bassey got his chance by default and if we didnt have the selection headaches of last season his developement and ceiling smash would likely have been seen elsewhere, later down the line.

Seeing Lowry play regular games is the most exciting prospect for this coming season but I think its a unique situation.

I’ve a feeling Josh McPake could really kick on, seems determined to impress this summer. Hope it pays off for him.

Desperate for Hagi to come good and prove me wrong, but I think Sands will be most improved this season. Bassey's rise is proof that if you work hard and apply yourself, you get the rewards. Plus he is a joy to watch.

To go from bit part player to key player over the course of the season? Lowry? Wright? Zukowski? Someone else?

Unless Zukowski can play another position he will be lucky to hit double figure appearances.

I hope we see more of Lowry this season but can't see him being a starter much either.

Wright had a great end to last season and has already started off thus season well with 2 assists in the game against Partick. Was good to hear as he can make himself undropable

I have a funny feeling Leon King will get a chance at some point, and just become undroppable.

That's pretty much how it worked for Bassey, he grabbed his opportunity and dinsnt look back.

King will also get physically stronger throughout the year, and we'll be talking about £25m+ bids for him next summer.
He’s one of the most composed central defenders we have and he is only 18. There is a LOT to come from Leon King, he will only get better.

Next season could be a watered down version of the class of 92 for us...

We could potentially have 3 or 4 youth players are fighting for a place in the squad and with the right application and hunger it could well happen.

There won’t be a Bassey again in our lifetimes. It’s highly unusual to see someone progress as rapidly and to the level he has within 1 season.

He is the only one who has a chance based on his ability, the Management really have no option but to play him given his explosive talent and rapid rise.

The reality is at Rangers there is little appetite to play developement guys in the XI due to the worry of their unproven nature leading to a dropping of points in title races that are usually very close.

Bassey got his chance by default and if we didnt have the selection headaches of last season his developement and ceiling smash would likely have been seen elsewhere, later down the line.

Seeing Lowry play regular games is the most exciting prospect for this coming season but I think its a unique situation.
Bassey was our best left back from game 1 this season

Adam Devine

I also think Scott Wright will come into his own this season. Whether that is deemed ultimately good enough for us remains to be seen but I think he will press on and put in more displays that we seen at the end of the season
From what I have seen of him, he has impressed, my first thought

I love Bassey but sometimes he needs to be more switched on when defending our box,I allow this as he has greatly improved and hope Gio has pointed this out.

Adam Devine

I also think Scott Wright will come into his own this season. Whether that is deemed ultimately good enough for us remains to be seen but I think he will press on and put in more displays that we seen at the end of the season
I am excited to see Devine develop, he looked a machine when he got his chance last season and he’s only going to get better.

Tbh in terms of ludicrous development I think Bassey is very unique. I've never seen development like that in any player before.

I think Souttar and Wright could have good development.

If he can stay fit Souttar will surprise a lot of people. He's basically the driving CB we wanted for years. He also has quick sharp passing. A 3 man defence of Souttar, Goldson and Bassey in Europe would be absolute quality.

Wright. I think we already started to see his development towards the end of the season. With a good run of games, you started to see him adding goals to his game. I'm not saying he'll turn into a star but I think he could end up a very good back up for years.

Lowry could be an outside bet depending on his physical and mental development throughout the season.

King I don't really see him getting much gametime to develop. You never know he could have a sudden 2/3 inch growth.

Zurowuski and Devine it all depends on who goes on loan and how the one who remains develops in the background. Zuro looks a natural athlete who could end up special.

Sakala if he can learn the mental side of the game from Maakay and the team, he could end up a very solid player. I hope he is the guy that has a massive year. Such a great and likeable person. Solid back up as is but if he could develop the mental side of the game he'd be a good player.

Sands I think could end up being the one. Despite people seeing him as limited. He is good technically, solid, good defensively and a decent passer. Had 6 months to settle now, I think wecould see him kicking on.

Hagi all depends how he returns from a very serious injury. Gio looks to really like him and when he is on it can be very good. Hagi is very frustrating but is always willing to try the big pass that can change a game. He needs to work on his consistency and decision making. So hopefully he comes back and puts in the work, as he has the potential to be a special player.

I think that's every one under 25 in the team.

I thought devine looked excellent but unless Tav gets injured he isn't getting the chance to shine. Bassey got lucky in a way, he benefitted from Hellnader being injured and Borna losing his confidence. If bassey want able to cover bot positions I don't think he has quite as impressive a season.

Let's be honest, if anyone can progress half as well as he did last season then it will be great but can't see his rise being replicated.
Zukowski will realistically be ahead of Devine at RWB. Devine played at LWB yesterday which is hopefully a sign that they think he can also play there, meaning he has more chance of minutes this season.

I don't believe we will see such a development from any player the way Bassey has shown. However, I would absolutely love for McCann to get game time as well as Weston. If we don't play these lads they will leave within the next 2-3 seasons back to England I would imagine.

I’d say the one who is going to surprise us the most is Scott Wright. Have a good feeling he’ll just progress from the last games of season and just get better and better, probably all down to rising confidence.

I’ve been a fan of Scott Wright since he signed and I think next season he could make a massive leap.

Nobody will improve the way Bassey has though, he’s just a special talent.

Back