Who will be watching the women's World Cup?

adidasler

The Sports media have been really pushing the women's world cup in recent weeks and women's football in general for quite sometime.

I have even heard this WC will put the sport on the map once and for all.

I feel it's almost a taboo but I have absolutely zero interest and would rather watch........well, most things.

Keen to understand if there is genuine interest in the sport/tournament or is this just a PC drive to make football appear all inclusive.

I heard Adrian Durham recently stating that Real Madrid should be banned from European competition because they do not have a women's team - I genuinely struggle with that but maybe I'm just a dinosaur.

No.

Watched a women's game last season. There is some technical ability and skill involved. But it lacks the pace, power and intensity of the men's game.

One thing I don't like is trying to piggyback onto existing clubs - e.g. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, West Ham. If you want a professional women's game, great, but do what the men did and build a club up yourself. "Four lads had a dream to start a football team" Why not try that rather than demanding the EPL and everyone else pays for the women's game just...because?

I’ve genuinely tried to give it a chance, any game I’ve watched though hasn’t been the best, some of it is comically bad at times.

It has improved dramatically but it is still a million light years from the men’s game.

I watched about 10 minutes of the women's cup final last week that was enough for me.

Couldn't even tell you when it starts

No.

Watched a women's game last season. There is some technical ability and skill involved. But it lacks the pace, power and intensity of the men's game.

One thing I don't like is trying to piggyback onto existing clubs - e.g. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, West Ham. If you want a professional women's game, great, but do what the men did and build a club up yourself. "Four lads had a dream to start a football team" Why not try that rather than demanding the EPL and everyone else pays for the women's game just...because?

Wait till they start on the gender pay gap with the men’s game.

No.

And that is exactly it. Why?

Why should Real Madrid be "ashamed of themselves" for not funding a sport that attracts around the same support as gymnastics.

Will definitely be watching it.

The last one was really quite good. Not to mention England and Scotland are in the same group, and its Scotlands first ever time qualifying.

It's also in June, when there's literally %^*& all else to watch.

Wait till they start on the gender pay gap with the men’s game.

I've read of that happening in the US. One would think sport is one area where it's obvious if you're good enough or not and are paid accordingly but as we see with tennis, that's not the case.

will watch Scotland if i can but i fear England will destroy us

usually try to catch the USA games - they've usually got a decent side
nothing to do with Morgan at all

And that is exactly it. Why?

Why should Real Madrid be "ashamed of themselves" for not funding a sport that attracts around the same support as gymnastics.

Yes. If the game is a success on its own merits and their own crowds then that's good for them but I struggle why it's the professional men's clubs responsibility to ensure it is a success.

I've read of that happening in the US. One would think sport is one area where it's obvious if you're good enough or not and are paid accordingly but as we see with tennis, that's not the case.

have you seen wages in mens football in England - utter dross getting tens of thousands per week

I struggle to watch the pinnacle level of football, I won’t bother catching barely amateur level.

I’ll normally watch any football, but not this.

It’s almost like it’s a different sport, it’s just not enjoyable at all.

It’s growing though, so it’ll be on a lot more.

Watching a bit of the FA cup final the other week and they started banging on about the record crowd there, then one of the panel let it slip the WFA had given tickets to both clubs to give away free of charge to boost the crowd. Another thing how come there can be women refs and linesmen at male games, yet there is never any men officiating at Womens games?

Yes, I will watch when I have time.

Watched a tournament before where England got to the final and was surprised at the football being played by the women. May have been the last World Cup.

Much better than watching most of the dross in the SPFL and surprisingly most of the players weren’t as butch as I thought they’d be.:p

48676.jpg

Back