Who will be watching the women's World Cup?

No. Will be even more flooded with female 'pundits' than the mans game, so a no for me. No doubt that wee arsehole Alex Scott (she's everywhere) will be all over it !

Hope England beat the Scottish ones though.

No. Will be even more flooded with female 'pundits' than the mans game, so a no for me. No doubt that wee arsehole Alex Scott (she's everywhere) will be all over it !

Hope England beat the Scottish ones though.

Alex Scott is one of the better pundits on the tele.

th

It’s obviously not of a high standard and it be laughed at throughout - by myself included - but I’ll pay an interest in the Scotland and England results and see if any of the Russian channels will carry the tournament - doubtful as Russia aren’t in it.

Some of the players have decent technical ability but are let down by their lack of pace and power. It’s obvious a much water-downed version of the men’s game but has its merits - the goalies excepted

I admit that I got caught up with the media hype the last time there was a major women’s tournament, possibly the women’s Euros, and England done well. They played either a semi final or final v the Netherlands.

I watched the first 10-15 minutes and was slowly losing the will to live. Never again!

Not even a minute of it. It's levels below the conference and I wouldn't watch that. It's nothing to do with them being women is just not good enough to hold my interest.

I can barely pay attention for any televised EPL, Serie A etc games so it's a no from me. However good luck to them in their chosen sport.
exactly my thoughts mate. i really do wish women well in that respect. but they have to have a fully professional league for it to get much better in standard. you cant have the fa cup scenario every other week where non professional womens team play the professional womens team. thats why your getting 11 and 12 nils alot of the time. that said i really do hope they get a much more even league/leagues one day though as theres no reason in my opinion why women shouldnt have their own football. good luck to them. but its just not for me. it still just looks strange to me seeing a big breasted women going to sythe down another women with the boobies going all over the place!

Alex Scott is one of the better pundits on the tele.
Yeah - if you're a 5 year old wanting the bare basics on football and listening to someone stating the obvious time and time again. There is no depth or substance to her 'punditry'. And she has only ever played at a standard which is below high school boys football teams.

And yes, there are a load of shit male pundits as well before you start, but she oozes mind-numbing boredom.

It’s not good sports viewing . Would the women’s World Cup winners be able to beat a Scottish league 2 team like say Annan Athletic? They wouldn’t would they? So no, it’s crap

Yeah - if you're a 5 year old wanting the bare basics on football and listening to someone stating the obvious time and time again. There is no depth or substance to her 'punditry'. And she has only ever played at a standard which is below high school boys football teams.

And yes, there are a load of shit male pundits as well before you start, but she oozes mind-numbing boredom.

Yeah Yeah, Moodyblue

It’s not good sports viewing . Would the women’s World Cup winners be able to beat a Scottish league 2 team like say Annan Athletic? They wouldn’t would they? So no, it’s crap
Agreed.

We could pick eleven lads from on here who have a modicum of fitness and football ability and would beat the Scotland women hands down.

That's a nonsense argument. Would Barcelona be able to defeat the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl? They wouldn't would they? So no, football is crap.

If all the commentators are female and sound like the screaming bitch that gets a gig on MOTD then no chance .

The Scotland team done well to qualify and good luck to them, I might watch the game against England but obviously with the sound down, just a bit like watching our games on Sky and BT these days !

They've ruined BBC Sport Football page as they drop in women's football news with the men's football. Used to be good for a quick look at whats going on but most days it's got women's stories listed amongst the football headlines.

TBH it was funny that the news at 6 prioritised women's football before the poets winning the league a few weeks ago

Give it 10 years and the woman’s league down south will have a bigger tv deal than the Scottish premiership
It's getting there. They recently signed a £10m 3 year sponsorship deal with Barclays ! Which is much more than the Ladbrokes one in Scottish football !! Mental.

"Barclays is to become the Women's Super League first ever title sponsor, in a deal the Football Association has called "the biggest ever investment in UK women's sport by a brand".

The three-year partnership, understood to be worth in excess of £10m, will start from next season.

The competition will be rebranded the Barclays FA Women's Super League."

Ladbrokes is currently £5m, for 2 years for Scottish football !!

No chance.

The media and football authorities can keep pretending women's football is equal, but it patently isn't.
No idea when the world cup starts, and no desire to watch any of it.

Persisting with the crossbar at the same height as in the men’s game whilst most the goalkeepers are a fair bit under 6 foot makes it a no from me.

No.

Watched a women's game last season. There is some technical ability and skill involved. But it lacks the pace, power and intensity of the men's game.

One thing I don't like is trying to piggyback onto existing clubs - e.g. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, West Ham. If you want a professional women's game, great, but do what the men did and build a club up yourself. "Four lads had a dream to start a football team" Why not try that rather than demanding the EPL and everyone else pays for the women's game just...because?
I think that about bowling clubs and golf clubs etc. Do what the founders did and away and start your own clubs instead of wanting equal rights. Guess I’m getting old. And sexist.
And the woman’s World Cup is a big NO as well

No.

Watched a women's game last season. There is some technical ability and skill involved. But it lacks the pace, power and intensity of the men's game.

One thing I don't like is trying to piggyback onto existing clubs - e.g. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, West Ham. If you want a professional women's game, great, but do what the men did and build a club up yourself. "Four lads had a dream to start a football team" Why not try that rather than demanding the EPL and everyone else pays for the women's game just...because?

This is exactly what I said on a thread on the subject on the old board. Currently women's football has been handed the keys to a sport and all it's facilities that have been built up by millions of men over umpteen generations.

From public parks to giant stadia and it's taken what'll soon be two hundred year of it. The OP'S post, with the quote from Adrian Durham, actually surprised me as Madrid are 100% correct.

Also, to add, I was shocked when Dave King recently said Rangers would be putting more money towards it. That angered me as after what Rangers have been through every penny should be going into the Academy, Auchinhowie HTC, Ibrox and of course, the first team. We have far more important things to build again than a fvckin all too obvious white elephant.

PS. The women's world champions the USA(I've no idea if they still are) were royally spanked after wining the world cup by the Dallas MLS team's under fifteens by 6 or 7 goals...says it all.

Forget League 2/Conference level ability, they’d get humped off Under 15’s. Not literally of course.

So no, I’ll be giving it a wide berth.

Im sure the then world champions, US womens team were heavily beaten by a college under 15 boys team in the states a few years ago

Edit - similar point made in previous post

lot of forward thinkers on here today ,will you tell your daughters not to play football because womens football is shite .wtf .

Nobody is saying women shouldn't play it. The question is will people watch it. The answer is no - because its shite

I'm involved in amateur football, but if it was on tv, I wouldn't expect anyone to watch it.

Do you watch the Irn Bru cup on Alba? Im guessing no. And the reason being cos its shite

I can understand why a lot of men don't like women's football, that's their choice, but I enjoy watching the internationals as a lot of the countries play good football. The Scotland women are far more entertaining to watch than the men. At least they get the ball on the deck and don't lump it up the park. My wee girl loves playing football and I'm so happy she has more opportunities than there was even 10 years ago.

Back