Who will be watching the women's World Cup?

They've ruined BBC Sport Football page as they drop in women's football news with the men's football. Used to be good for a quick look at whats going on but most days it's got women's stories listed amongst the football headlines.
They cover it more than the SPL, thats no surprise though.
Surprised no one has said Elephant football yet:p

Women’s football = utter guff. There’s no comparison with professional men’s football despite the efforts of the BBC and others in the media to promote this. I have nothing against women playing football, but go and form your own club and don’t piggyback on the back of existing men’s clubs. Even Rangers are at it with the women’s team one of the lead stories on the official website today. Personally I couldn’t care less about the women’s team. If they won the champions league it would mean nothing. I only care about the real i.e. men’s team and if they’re unsuccessful them nothing the women “achieve” in any way makes up for that.

Dreary fucking me. Some huge number of miserable cunts on this thread and those who says 'it's guff' or some such are just as miserable as those to deprecate egg-chasing at every opportunity. What's not to like about wifey football? Aye, it's not as good as the men's game but so what? Just enjoy it in its own terms.

A lot of folk seem to be on a downer about it, but I’ve never really watched any women’s football before, so might try and catch a couple of the matches. It looks like there will be decent coverage and it’s on at good times as it’s in France.

Lot`s of testosterone and neandertal stereotypes flung about. To be expected.

BTW, quite a few may not like it, but Rangers actually have a women team ...

https://rangers.co.uk/news/category/women/

... and they play today against Hibs ...

and guess what, quite a few you might have seen at the recent Old Firm game:

60296417_2749823788378183_6643869993760980992_n.jpg

... or at the Louden. Some may even read some of the garbage on here and will obviously be impressed.

You see, there is so much rubbish sport going on out there, darts (oh, I await the landslide of positive remarks on that issue), golf, tennis, formula 1 et al. But hardly any of it will get that much FLAK from football fans than women`s footie.

You won't watch it and do painting instead, go on help yourself.

I`d rather watch Alex Morgan and Co. ...

Im sure I watched a game at the last one and it was 10 nil.. Goalkeeping is utter horrendous
Yes, I saw that too! I think Germany beat Nigeria 10-0 if I remember. Nigeria were utterly horrendous. And the thing is that they had to beat teams to qualify for the world Cup!
The keepers are hilarious :)

Got no interest in it so won’t be watching. Think the women’s game needs to find their own audience rather than expect fans of the men’s game to support it

They've ruined BBC Sport Football page as they drop in women's football news with the men's football. Used to be good for a quick look at whats going on but most days it's got women's stories listed amongst the football headlines.

It’s getting worse, “England captain dropped by Neville” looked like a headline women’s football story, turned out to be frigging netball!

I noticed there that BBC news now refer to football as “mens football”

Guardiola was digging up a journalist for saying City’s treble was historic - “the women team did it first” etc. I’m pretty sure the journo wasn’t talking about the women’s treble.

Reactions: BWO
Yes, I saw that too! I think Germany beat Nigeria 10-0 if I remember. Nigeria were utterly horrendous. And the thing is that they had to beat teams to qualify for the world Cup!
The keepers are hilarious :)

That's the very one !! I only kept watching to see how many they'd get !!

I noticed there that BBC news now refer to football as “mens football”

Heard that on Radio 2 news yesterday. 'First men's team to win the Treble'. It's a pointless distinction as only a tiny number of crackpots would hear 'Man City win the Treble' on BBC news and ask themselves 'was it the mens or ladies?'

If the ladies got their own clubs, as the men did, then the distinction would be even more unnecessary.

The BBC are brave in tackling the women's game, mind you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48302624

"The best-funded side on the continent wrapped up the latest of their 23 major honours of this decade before half-time, largely thanks to Hegerberg's clinical treble. "

Meanwhile, licking the arse of Man City. It was their hunger and desire wot won it, y'see -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48236232

"The securing of three trophies underscores the scale of City's achievement - and emphasises the hunger and desire which has driven them this season, notably to finish ahead of Liverpool in a relentless Premier League title race."

Give the women a break. Of course it isn't up to the men's standard,but they give it everything and definitely play fair,as I said in an earlier post,the one thing that they have got over the men is they show them up for the amount of cheating that goes on and it's been happening for so long now we've just accepted it. Just have a look at the American football type of stuff at corners.
The scottish women should do the right thing and withdraw from the world cup and then takeover from the men to try and get them to the euros

Give the women a break. Of course it isn't up to the men's standard,but they give it everything and definitely play fair,as I said in an earlier post,the one thing that they have got over the men is they show them up for the amount of cheating that goes on and it's been happening for so long now we've just accepted it. Just have a look at the American football type of stuff at corners.
The scottish women should do the right thing and withdraw from the world cup and then takeover from the men to try and get them to the euros
It’s definitely a ‘purer’ form of the game of that there’s no doubt and you have to give them credit for that.

I don’t expect too much from it - it’s so far detached from the men’s game in many ways - but it can provide some decent entertainment if you leave the blinkers at home

As my dad just told me he'd love to watch it, but unfortunately he's got a McHale's Navy marathon to watch so he's going to end up missing out.

It's the PC stuff and constant piggy backing and deliberate conflating with the men's game that is annoying so many people. It's a self defeating strategy.
A lot of people project what they want to see onto what is ultimately just a sport.

A lot of people project what they want to see onto what is ultimately just a sport.
Maybe so. I don’t have a problem with women’s football at all. But the recent PC push has really annoyed me. I go on the BBC football page and have to scroll past loads of women’s football reports to get to the Rangers match report. It’s crazy they should have their own separate section but it’s a campaign. Referring to teams as “men’s teams” too, they’re just annoying people.

Maybe so. I don’t have a problem with women’s football at all. But the recent PC push has really annoyed me. I go on the BBC football page and have to scroll past loads of women’s football reports to get to the Rangers match report. It’s crazy they should have their own separate section but it’s a campaign. Referring to teams as “men’s teams” too, they’re just annoying people.
It's hardly a major inconvenience.

Rangers fans should think twice about reading Rangers match reports on the BBC website regardless.

It's hardly a major inconvenience.

Rangers fans should think twice about reading Rangers match reports on the BBC website regardless.
It's ridiculous though, they aren't the same and shouldn't be on the same page. They're turning people against the game with the PC stuff. I have nothing against the game and would gladly watch it and support women who play but all this stuff has done is annoy me.

It's ridiculous though, they aren't the same and shouldn't be on the same page. They're turning people against the game with the PC stuff. I have nothing against the game and would gladly watch it and support women who play but all this stuff has done is annoy me.
I find it extremely difficult to get worked up about the layout of a BBC Sport page, but maybe that's just me.

I certainly won't allow it to get in the way of supporting Rangers or Scotland women.

It's the PC stuff and constant piggy backing and deliberate conflating with the men's game that is annoying so many people. It's a self defeating strategy.

It may have found a place copying the men's strategy for development of clubs - part of a community, unique identity, make it a day out - but they've chosen this mixed bag of piggy backing onto the men's game and the likes of BBC pretending people might confuse the two.

Guardiola picks up £20m a year from Man City. Not Man City ladies team. Even in his own mind, he won't regard the Man City ladies as equal to his team but in order to blow his own virtue trumpet, he acts like a dick.

I find it extremely difficult to get worked up about the layout of a BBC Sport page, but maybe that's just me.
How about the constant attention seeking headlines like "Man City sign Germany International"? No confusion caused if they have their own section but it's been lumped in with men's football deliberately for publicity. You have to look at the picture to know if this is a story you actually want to read or not because you only follow men's football. It's the intention of it that is annoying.

I agree about the pc nonsense. Like the earlier poster said,I noticed this bbc talk now saying the men's game. As usual coming from the top of an organisation that seems so detatched from real life that they really should stick to their notting hill bubble

How about the constant attention seeking headlines like "Man City sign Germany International"? No confusion caused if they have their own section but it's been lumped in with men's football deliberately for publicity. You have to look at the picture to know if this is a story you actually want to read or not because you only follow men's football. It's the intention of it that is annoying.
Again, it hardly seems like an extreme hardship.

I agree about the pc nonsense. Like the earlier poster said,I noticed this bbc talk now saying the men's game. As usual coming from the top of an organisation that seems so detatched from real life that they really should stick to their notting hill bubble
It can still produce some good programming but ultimately this paedophile-harbouring PC bore of an institution is years past its sell by date in its current form of expecting to be funded by an unfair mandatory tax.

The Women's World Cup is so important that UEFA have 4 nights of Euro qualifiers scheduled for when the tournament is also on.
France play away twice at the same time as their country host the tournament.

Meanwhile, every 4 years, football the world over grinds to a halt as almost the entire planet watch the proper World Cup.

France keep the head, they'll take 7 or 8 off Korea here.

Bigger, faster, stronger, better. Entire game has been played in the Korea's half

I hate that constant screeching from the crowd like you used to get at the old Schoolboy Internationals back in the day. They must have had to give away a shitload of tickets to kids so they could claim the match has sold out.

A few wee honeys in the French team, mind you.

2-0 France and Koreans are absolutely dire.

Good effort from Som Ting Wong off the bar,number 9 Ho Lee Fuk is a good player

Back