Who will get CL places dahn sarf?

The Barrel

And what does it mean for managers?

For example: Everton can't aim much higher than Ancelotti and I'm sure they'll keep him. Arsenal mistakenly see Arteta as Pep Jr so he's safe. Spurs? Can't see Jose lasting. Klopp will stay also, they adore him down there. Chelsea's me man will get longer.

what do we think ?

And what does it mean for managers?

For example: Everton can't aim much higher than Ancelotti and I'm sure they'll keep him. Arsenal mistakenly see Arteta as Pep Jr so he's safe. Spurs? Can't see Jose lasting. Klopp will stay also, they adore him down there. Chelsea's me man will get longer.

what do we think ?
City, United, West Ham and Leicester I reckon (and hope)

West Ham doing so well. Incredible season.
Their run in (7 games) is quite favourable, only Chelsea at home is a tough one. The way they're playing the other games are winnable.

Spoke to one of my mates earlier, they can't believe the situation they're in at the moment.

Leicester are fading, I think they will miss out. Chelsea looking strong. They will finish third. Toss up for 4th, probably Liverpool by the skin of their teeth from Wes tam.

Both Manchester teams could scoop up both European trophies.
If they were to do this, and both finish in the top four, how does this affect CL places for English league sides?

For the past 2 or 3 months I keep thinking West Ham will fall away, but by god they are having a great run. Fair play. What a season for them.

Both Manchester teams could scoop up both European trophies.
If they were to do this, and both finish in the top four, how does this affect CL places for English league sides?
I don’t think it effects it in any way mate, would only effect it, if one of them weren’t in the top 4

City and Utd are stuck on for first and second.

leicester will probably have their usual late season wobble , Chelsea looking really good right now, only 1 freak result against West Brom since Tuchel came in so I think they will make it.

And while I’d like to see West Ham do it I just have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool will come good and pip them.

City and Utd are stuck on for first and second.

leicester will probably have their usual late season wobble , Chelsea looking really good right now, only 1 freak result against West Brom since Tuchel came in so I think they will make it.

And while I’d like to see West Ham do it I just have a sneaking suspicion Liverpool will come good and pip them.

This.

Exactly this.

I'll go City, United , Leicester, Chelsea though for some reason I'd like to see the Hammers make it. They've had a great season, and I used to quite like watching them on The Big Match in the 70s, silky football from Brooking, Lampard Redknapp etc

So England would still receive only four CL places?
What impact would this then have with the rest of the CL places for the rest of Europe?
Yes England will still only receive 4, say city won the CL but finished 8th, they’d basically take the 4th spot and everyone else it drops down. Happened to Spurs when Chelsea won it in 2012.

The country who finished 10th in co-efficient automatically gets a team into the group stages I believe that’s why finishing in top 10 for co-Efficient don’t is huge for a country like us

Would like to see West Ham hang on so it’s a bit different but I think it’s going to be pretty normal with City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

If Liverpool don't make it then it's not impossible to see a few players leave and pressure on Klopp.
Runaway champions to also rans in less than a year.

If Liverpool don't make it then it's not impossible to see a few players leave and pressure on Klopp.
It has been a remarkable change in fortunes. More or less the same team ( does Van Dijk make that much difference?) with the same manager. I think Liverpool has always been good with managers, so no pressure on Klopp yet.

I'd imagine the English coefficient will take a hit if the likes of West Ham and Leicester with Rodgers manage to get into the CL. So for banter reason: Man City, Man Utd, Leicester, West Ham. B-D

City, Utd and Liverpool will be fine.

It’s between Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham for the 4th spot.

Liverpool have had 1 poor season - like Pep and City did last year.

They will be fine next season.

Naive to think otherwise.

Hopefully West Ham do it. I have never been a fan but Jesse Lingard is playing out his skin. He has made the difference since the turn of the year, great signing.

Their success under Klopp has been bigger.
They have had great success but potentially a year without champions league and a few players heads might be turned.
Academic though as they should be able to finish above Leicester and West Ham

West Ham v Chelsea in a couple of weeks will be massive for 4th spot.

Would love to see Rodgers toss a CL spot away again.

Last edited:
I'll go with west ham as they're lads put on a good show marching to parkhead singing no surrender to the ira. They can do the same on the way along prw and we'll be delighted to join them.

Not sure why so many are doubting Leicester - they have a great run in. Next four games they should take maximum points. Chelsea will miss out.

Back