Who will win the EPL?

Who will win the EPL?

• Liverpool

Votes: 253 54.4%
  • Man City

Votes: 214 46.0%

• Total voters
You're doing all sorts of gymnastics to link them together which is a bit mental.
Aye right enough. Must have imagined it. Just because Gerrard is our manager does not mean we should do a full turnaround and jump in to bed with the mentally challengeds.

Apparently Everton sang it briefly as Gerry Marsden was an Evertonian but it was soon adopted by Liverpool. Man United sang a version of it in the early 70’s which was you’ll never walk again. A reference their own hooligan red army.
Gerry Marsden is a Liverpool fan, has been from his youth. As for YNWA it was first sang by Liverpool fans in 1964, after the ECWC Semi-Final in 1966, when Liverpool fans sang it during the game v that mob, Rangers fans were the first fans in Scotland to sing it at the Scottish Cup Final three days later as a wind up to that mobs fans. In the seasons to follow they started singing it and claimed it as their own, something that is fundamentally wrong.

As for both clubs affinity to us or them, as far as Man City are concerned in the early 60s and beyond they were looked on as having a solid affinity to Rangers because of their history to Freemasonry.
Their colours should tell people that but the link to Masonry is well documented. Liverpool were founded by a similar background in that John Houlding was both an Orangeman and Mason.

However both clubs have fans who prefer either us or them or neither of us.

Gerry Marsden is a Liverpool fan, has been from his youth. As for YNWA it was first sang by Liverpool fans in 1964, after the ECWC Semi-Final in 1966, when Liverpool fans sang it during the game v that mob, Rangers fans were the first fans in Scotland to sing it at the Scottish Cup Final three days later as a wind up to that mobs fans. In the seasons to follow they started singing it and claimed it as their own, something that is fundamentally wrong.

As for both clubs affinity to us or them, as far as Man City are concerned in the early 60s and beyond they were looked on as having a solid affinity to Rangers because of their history to Freemasonry.
Their colours should tell people that but the link to Masonry is well documented. Liverpool were founded by a similar background in that John Houlding was both an Orangeman and Mason.

However both clubs have fans who prefer either us or them or neither of us.

Been looking this up, apparently he was an Evertonian up to the age of 13 and then turncoated to Liverpool which I never knew about.
More interestingly , there’s stuff about Lennon and McCartney being linked to Everton even though they were apparently never that interested in the game.

Never been much of a Liverpool fan but hope they win it.

I think it’ll be City though. They’re by far the best team in the league.

Aye right enough. Must have imagined it. Just because Gerrard is our manager does not mean we should do a full turnaround and jump in to bed with the mentally challengeds.

I'm sure Liverpool have some fans who prefer C*ltic and some that prefer Rangers - as will Man City. The majority won't give a flying f*ck about Scottish football though. Its perfectly fine for Rangers fans to want either of these teams to win the league without it being classed as "jumping into bed with mentally challengeds"o_O

Last edited:
I'm sure Liverpool have some fans who prefer C*ltic and some that prefer Rangers - as will Man City. The majority won't give a flying f*ck about Scottish football though. Its perfectly fine for Rangers fans to want either of these teams to want the league without it being classed as "jumping into bed with mentally challengeds"o_O
Fair point. Plenty of Rangers fans who love the music of u2.

I can't see Liverpool dropping any points in thoses fixtures which means Man City must beat Spurs and Man United.

I've changed my vote to favour the bin-dippers.

I'm sure Liverpool have some fans who prefer C*ltic and some that prefer Rangers - as will Man City. The majority won't give a flying f*ck about Scottish football though. Its perfectly fine for Rangers fans to want either of these teams to want the league without it being classed as "jumping into bed with mentally challengeds" o_O

I was just about to say the exact same. Do we really think, in this day & age of the Multi Billion pound EPL, & the way the SPL is looked down upon as a poor relation, that your average local Liverpool, or Man Ud, or Man City or most of them, really give 2 hoots about Rangers & Celtic. Sure, there will be some older guys with leanings in either direction, & a very small minority might have stronger leanings through mutual supporters & firms even, but most won't really give a feck.

You can make historical arguments for all the top sides, to either team. I could take the club I like, Arsenal, and talk about the historic links between Chapman & Struth, the shares, the friendlies etc. Or, I could look at the large Irish community that settled in Islington & let that determine my viewpoint.

Or I could do the same with both Manchester Clubs. Celtic have links via the Irish community to both clubs, & via players like Brian McClair & Roy Keane, or being 1 of Man City's feeder clubs with the relationship with Lawwell & his sons position there.

Liverpool have had Dalglish, Van Dijk etc while we've had Souness & Gerrard. Where does it all end? The common factor is that Celtic have this need to feel loved, & accepted, dtry & build special relationship with everyone, while we don't need to seek them out, and 'if no one likes us, we don't care'.

There was just as many Liverpool/ Celtic hats on the Kop as there was Liverpool/Rangers .
And here is a fact for you. Manchester City fans have never ever had a love in with the paedophile apologists.
Lived in Manchester in the 70s , used to attend Maine road regularly, never saw any scum colours,saw plenty of ours though.

Lived in Manchester in the 70s , used to attend Maine road regularly, never saw any scum colours,saw plenty of ours though.
The Man City support, for the most part, have always had an affinity towards us dating back to the early '60s.

Hmm, two of the three teams I’d least like to see winning it (the third being Arsenal) but if pushed I’d say I’d prefer Liverpool rather than F.C. Abu Dhabi.

Completely different club to the Man City of today.
The support isn't though, the ownership may have changed from the barren years of Swales and others but the fanbase is still the same, there may be tourist fans the same as all top EPL clubs but the loyal fans deserves all the success they are enjoying at this moment in time

Liverpool should win all 4 of their games at a canter so City can afford 1 draw, then have the superior GD to nick it!! Whoever comes 2nd must have the highest points total ever not to have won the league

Liverpool have built to where they are and generated their own money. They have also sold a huge amount of players to help fund the figures you mention, it’s not a £500m net spend.

city are where they are purely and entirely because of being given £1bn or more by their owners. That’s before you get onto the falsified accounts, breaching FFP, colluding with Uefa to get around FFP rules, lying about sponsorships, paying players and Managers into untraceable offshore accounts, industrial farming of youth players. I could go on.
Exactly. Easy to spin stats to make out that Liverpool have completely bought their position.

Back