Who would take a draw v Hearts?

Yeah it might not sound too optimistic but at this moment I think I would take a draw next week and take them in the replay. The way we are performing just now especially away from home and coming back from Braga, I just fear our players will struggle to cope with this game.
Ridiculous to think we should be concerned about playing the worst Hearts team in years but we just look fragile and win or lose in Braga the players will be affected mentally, and then have to go to a place where they have struggled.
We have to stay in the cup and hope to find our form again to at least seriously have a shot at winning it. I feel this could be the key to our future success.
Negative pish no Rangers fan would or should settle for a draw against another Scottish league team

When would the replay be if we go through in Europe?
That's the issue here.
If we go through and draw you're asking us to forfeit the league if we start focusing on europa league and Scottish Cup.

Universal you. Not the replied to poster...

Yeah it might not sound too optimistic but at this moment I think I would take a draw next week and take them in the replay. The way we are performing just now especially away from home and coming back from Braga, I just fear our players will struggle to cope with this game.
Ridiculous to think we should be concerned about playing the worst Hearts team in years but we just look fragile and win or lose in Braga the players will be affected mentally, and then have to go to a place where they have struggled.
We have to stay in the cup and hope to find our form again to at least seriously have a shot at winning it. I feel this could be the key to our future success.

Hearts.

Hearts are bottom for a reason and even an average rangers team should be beating them. That said there is also a reason they have outplayed rangers twice at home this season. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if hearts win again.

My concern is given the fragility of this squad would they think a draw is a good result?
At 2 all yesterday they were playing as if we were 3 nil up.
Hearts will make it a battle and I don't know how many players can be relied upon to go toe to toe.
I want us to go at them from the
1st minute and take the game to them but I don't think that will happen.

No chance should be humping them.

A draw with Braga would be acceptable.

The day we accept a draw with a bottom placed club is the day we become one of those types of clubs ,hearts Hibs motherwell etc just another diddy SPFL club

no chance ,we are Rangers
On current form that's exactly what we are.
We need a major step up in attitude if we're going to win there.

Take a draw against hearts? Am i reading this right WTF is going on a dunno whether to laugh or cry

In place of what exactly a loss, We are Rangers winning should be our only thought.

The cost of our squad assembled by SG should wipe the floor with Hearts,anything other than the win is failure

Would I fk. If anything sums up the frustration and defeatist attitude now permeating us, it’s a draw against Hearts being seen as a positive.

As the OP I would like to apologise to all those deeply offended by merely asking a hypothetical question. I explained my reasons for thinking this way at this current time.
Of course we should win this game just like we should have won yesterday and at Rugby Park and at Tynecastle a few weeks ago and against Aberdeen but we didn't and folk just spouting 'we're Rangers and never accept anything other than a win' doesn't mean anything because these results are happening and that was the reason for the question in the first place.
I would totally expect us to go into this game going all out to win but recent form gives me worries and coming off the back of Braga on Wednesday there's every chance it could be a major struggle but if staying in the cup means having to sometimes stomach a more negative outlook then I'm guilty of that.

absolutely not
lose this and then i do think people will turn on SG
they shouldnt but it will happen
I agree but the question was who would take a draw, not a loss. I don’t think anyone would accept us setting out to play for a draw, but given recent away displays I am one who would not see a draw as a disaster of a result. Disappointing yes, but we move on still just 3 wins from a major trophy. Given the league position I don’t think fixture congestion will be a live issue. We may end up focussing on 1 or hopefully 2 cups for a while longer.

Hearts have lost 13 goals in their last 4 league games and overall have won 3 out of 27 league games so far.

Seriously if Gerrard can’t put out a winning team against that lot he wants to take a serous look at himself and think if he’s up to the job.
He hasn’t beat them at tynecastle in last two attempts

David
folk just spouting 'we're Rangers and never accept anything other than a win' doesn't mean anything
I actually think it does mean something - it's the mindset some of our players need to adopt to get us back on track. When we start dropping our standards of expectation then we become like every other mediocre diddy club.

We should never be going anywhere in the SPL and be looking for a draw.

They day we do that - we are not Rangers any more

Back