Who would you play in right forward position?

Coop2005

I am split between playing Stewart or swapping Kent to right and Jones on left. Given Jones is only coming back from injury, it would be Stewart for me during December.

Harsh on Arfield after last season but I think he needs a break, Aribo has looked decent in last couple of games, others have said priority for Jan window. What would you do, short and long term?

He’s not had a lot of game time, but from what he has had, Stewart has done nothing but impress.

That’s why I’m baffled as to his continuing lack of game time at both Aberdeen and against them recently.

i think aribo has actually played well there past couple of games so no qualms with him playing there, when fully fit jones, or stewart who has the intelligence to interchange with kent and alife

i think aribo has actually played well there past couple of games so no qualms with him playing there, when fully fit jones, or stewart who has the intelligence to interchange with kent and alife
He has and is growing as a player but he isn't going to get many goals from that position, we need a proper forward who will get 15-20 goals, i know thats easier said than done but thats what we need.

My one and only gripe with Gerrard so far is his treatment of Stewart, i can't believe he has not been given more gametime, he is capabale in and around the box of feeding a ball through or scoring.

Jones when hes fit.

Would start Stewart there Sunday.

Its a postion i would like to see us strengthen in january and sent ojo back to Liverpool.

He has and is growing as a player but he isn't going to get many goals from that position, we need a proper forward who will get 15-20 goals, i know that's easier said than done but that's what we need.

My one and only gripe with Gerrard so far is his treatment of Stewart, i can't believe he has not been given more gametime, he is capable in and around the box of feeding a ball through or scoring.
i think aribo is better getting the ball with space to run into , rather than getting the ball with his back to goal. Stewart has hardly been prolific in his career but there is evidence he has the guile to create a chance . Honestly think stewart jones and aribo all have legitimate claims for the position. Weirdly don't think jones would be as effective on the right as he would on the left tho

If it helps keep him at the club, we might as well play Kennedy there once or twice. Can't be any weaker than Barker, and surely has a lot more ability.

If stewart played regularly I reckon he would be on pens which is good. The boy has a cannon of a left foot.

ad keep aribo there for just now until jones is 100% becos while davis is out ad like to see Stewart make up the central 3 of kamara and jack. i think stewrt would be so much use as the no10 just in behind alfie.

i think aribo is better getting the ball with space to run into , rather than getting the ball with his back to goal. Stewart has hardly been prolific in his career but there is evidence he has the guile to create a chance . Honestly think stewart jones and aribo all have legitimate claims for the position. Weirdly don't think jones would be as effective on the right as he would on the left tho
Yes they do as nobody has nailed down that position, i think Jones would have by now but i still feel we need a massive goal threat in that area and not just a winger, none of them are prolific scorers

Yes they do as nobody has nailed down that position, i think Jones would have by now but i still feel we need a massive goal threat in that area and not just a winger, none of them are prolific scorers
i think gerrard tried to experiment with this earlier in the season , hibs 6-1 he played alfie in tht wide right position when he came on. As we all know he wont be playing there but my point is the gaffer has tried a few options there so i assume its an issue hes aware of

Until Arfield or Ojo rediscover a bit of form I’d probably go for Aribo (although not his natural position).

When Jones is up to speed I’d have him and Kent interchanging wings.

He’s not had a lot of game time, but from what he has had, Stewart has done nothing but impress.

That’s why I’m baffled as to his continuing lack of game time at both Aberdeen and against them recently.

I agree. Only thing I can think of, was it the Motherwell game where he started and was then subbed, struggled a bit holding the ball up but he has made a positive difference for the rest. I'd definitely give him a run of games.

Given that Davis is out for a few weeks the midfield three will likely be Arfield-Jack-Kamara. Do we reckon Gerrard will bring King or Docherty back into the squads?

I really don't get why stewart isn't being given the run he deserves. He is a good player who hasn't done much wrong for us since signing. And at the end of the day is OUR player. Some decisions do baffle but then again ove faith in the gaffer. Would like it to be jones and kent though when he's back and ready.

Given that Davis is out for a few weeks the midfield three will likely be Arfield-Jack-Kamara. Do we reckon Gerrard will bring King or Docherty back into the squads?
I would bring in polster, guy could play midfield , and cover right back and possibly left back instead of Flanagan,

Wes , Katic or Edmundson ( depending on Helander ) , Polster , Ojo , Jones , Aribo , Defoe would be my bench with Stewart starting as the Right sided support to Alfie

Because he realised he was going to be sat on the sidelines having to watch someone like Ojo take his place. No wonder he was offski.

He wasn't going to be on the bench all the time.

He just didn't fancy fighting for his position.

His workrate was exceptional but his overall quality was far too erratic especially against packed defences. The reality is he wasn't good enough to be guaranteed a start every week

He wasn't going to be on the bench all the time.

He just didn't fancy fighting for his position.

His workrate was exceptional but his overall quality was far too erratic especially against packed defences. The reality is he wasn't good enough to be guaranteed a start every week

Yet still infinitely better than Ojo, who is basically a man down.

* awaits everyone telling me he scored a screamer against Feyenoord and his stats are better on paper...

I think Barker will play tomorrow night.

I would like to see a right-forward signed in January or the summer.

Depends on the opposition. European games and games against celtic im far more likely to want a natural winger like Jones to play out right where there's plenty of space for him to attack. Against most of the spfl side i want Stewart in there, better in tight spaces, can cut in and shoot it on his left foot. Recalling Hastie should also be a option considered and not playing him on the bloody left when the reason he got us interested in him was because he was good on the right :mad: he's also just a lot more athletically gifted than Stewart so he could play against the better opposition as well

Jones hasn't played for months but looks a better option than most who have proven they aren't good enough. I feel sorry for Stewart, he's did well as a sub but SG would rather play others. Ojo and Barker just aren't good enough for a starting place.

Until Jones proves he's fit and deserves a chance I'd give Aribo his chance there. He's did okay so far but needs to start scoring.

Last edited:
I am split between playing Stewart or swapping Kent to right and Jones on left. Given Jones is only coming back from injury, it would be Stewart for me during December.

Harsh on Arfield after last season but I think he needs a break, Aribo has looked decent in last couple of games, others have said priority for Jan window. What would you do, short and long term?

When Jones is fully match fit thats defo an option as both are good at cutting inside for a shot too.

Because he realised he was going to be sat on the sidelines having to watch someone like Ojo take his place. No wonder he was offski.

ojo has bench warmed a lot too

this time last year people wanted candeias replaced

Whoever plays in the positions either side of Morelos really need to start contributing in the goals department.Relying on the striker for every goal was always going to bite us on the arse and so it proved on Sunday.The pressure on Morelos to deliver got worse as the other two never got close to even having dig at goal.

When fit, Jones left Kent right

other notable options are Arfield, Stewart, Aribo who I think has done well there and let’s not discount Ojo completely, needs some confidence but if I’m not mistaken he’s contributed more than Kent had as this time last year

When Stewart arrived, we wondered which player we were geting. The Kilmarnock dynamo of early last season or the Aberdeen dud.

From what I've seen I think we certainly got the former, yet he's strangely hardly had a sniff. He takes the ball in so well and is so clever that he doesn't need great pace. He creates a platform that the mid's and fwds can play off from such a high position that he'd be in or around my starting 11 every week. I'd keep Jones/Murphy/Ojo for later in games where their pace could really finish teams off.

Didnt Stewart play on the wing for Aberdeen last season when he was on loan and everyone said he was gash mainly because he was played out of position and not doing well?

I like GS but im not convinced hes the guy for either wing, he plays better being more central.

Terminate Ojos loan and recall Hastie. Even if he doesnt play much hes a better option than Ojo since he clearly isn’t interested.

Jed Wallace but we’d have to sign him first

Doing very well for Millwall, I believe Prem clubs are sniffing around now. The bloke behind me at Motherwell game was desperate for us to go after Stuart Dallas but not sure he's in our budget either.

Jed Wallace but we’d have to sign him first
Doing very well for Millwall, I believe Prem clubs are sniffing around now. The bloke behind me at Motherwell game was desperate for us to go after Stuart Dallas but not sure he's in our budget either.
Didn’t he play against Nottingham forest last week? Sure he played really well and was terrorising their defence.

Back